• Hello everyone, we will rebooting the web server on Sunday February 17th 2019 at 1800 (6pm) GMT / 1300 (1pm) EST to apply some server updates.

We will also be applying some updates to the forums software.

This will result in approximately 30 minutes of downtime

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Dunno what's causing the flashing, but I'm guessing it's an imperfect format conversion.
Ta .. it failed to upload the first two times so I compressed it down. For some reason the final edit was saved as two files so I thought compressing it would be a good idea. I think you're right.

brownmane

Junior Acolyte
Swifty, I love your use of everyday items for your excavation. It makes it look as if anyone could do it. Amazing!

And great Evil Dead hat. Bruce Campbell is THE GUY you'd want as backup, just in case.

I watched the vid both on my laptop and my iphone. I didn't notice the flashing on the iphone, but it's definitely there on the pc.

Swifty

Swifty, I love your use of everyday items for your excavation. It makes it look as if anyone could do it. Amazing!

And great Evil Dead hat. Bruce Campbell is THE GUY you'd want as backup, just in case.

I watched the vid both on my laptop and my iphone. I didn't notice the flashing on the iphone, but it's definitely there on the pc.
Cheers brownmane and anyone can do it these days with a bit of patience and a phone with a video recorder. We bought the toy plastic shovel and the VHS tape from a charity shop after debating over exactly which title to buy. I only made that vid to learn how to use my editing software and to give my mates a laugh and for something for us to do that day.

Set yourself up a youtube account first which is free then download some free editing software, upload your vids from your phone onto your computer, edit your shots into one file/completed film and rename it whatever takes your fancy but make sure you type .mov at the end of your title, go back into your youtube account and click on upload and it asks you which file you want to upload to youtube. Select your renamed file. It takes ages to upload to youtube so I recommend going into your computer's settings first and disabling any hibernate and auto shutdown modes otherwise you have to babysit your computer to stop it switching itself off every ten minutes or so and that's a pain in the arse when your vid is going to take hours to upload to youtube. When it's uploaded, just click on 'publish'. Job done.

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Used the self-service Till and got a 'Birthday greetings from Morrisons' voucher for one free Big Breakfast. Not my birthday and wasn't hungry but managed to finish it all and lick the plate clean.
Sounds like they're using incentives to make us use the self-service tills now.

Bad Bungle

King of the Trilobites
Sounds like they're using incentives to make us use the self-service tills now.
Quite possibly, as the Lady at the Cafe till just had her Birthday and she didn't get a voucher. To be fair, all the manned tills at Morrisons were swamped at the time and I only had a basket. I don't like or want to encourage self-service but apparently willing to prostitute my principles for a £4.70 breakfast

Swifty

Quite possibly, as the Lady at the Cafe till just had her Birthday and she didn't get a voucher. To be fair, all the manned tills at Morrisons were swamped at the time and I only had a basket. I don't like or want to encourage self-service but apparently willing to prostitute my principles for a £4.70 breakfast
As an ex Morrisons employee, we got/perhaps still get 10% off groceries anyway but don't get to take advantage of other customer perks. The Mrs refuses to use self service, I agree it puts people out of jobs so I rarely do either. I was the café cook.

Grumpyoldwoman

Junior Acolyte
Swearing at Talk Talk. My internet connection has been more off than on tonight,unusual for us,it's normally very good.
Rebooted the router and all is good......for now.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Indulging my latest harmless vice by watching a pleasant Aussie bloke restoring ruined Matchbox toy motor vehicles on Marty’s Matchbox Makeovers.

Here’s a sample with a vaguely Fortean twist, as he’s repairing the ambulance on which he believes the Ghostbusters’ car was based (though apparently it wasn’t):

Therapeutic, though I’d knock off a point for the intrusive lift music in the background.

maximus otter

Last edited:

Swifty

Indulging my latest harmless vice by watching a pleasant Aussie bloke restoring ruined Matchbox toy motor vehicles on Marty’s Matchbox Makeovers.

Here’s a sample with a vaguely Fortean twist, as he’s repairing the ambulance on which he believes the Ghostbusters’ car was based (though apparently it wasn’t):

Therapeutic, though I’d knock off a point for the intrusive lift music in the background).

maximus otter
That was relaxing apart from the bit where he drinks the brake fluid.