What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Bad Bungle

King of the Trilobites
Raided the fruit bowl for an apple and cinnamon cake with sultanas, walnuts and macadamia. One of my best (yeah it doesn't look pretty) but I'm on a diet, so added custard and used it as a pudding for friends.

Apple cake 0217a.jpg

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Just reading about those guys in Lincolnshire who have spent twenty five years lovingly restoring a model railway, only to find that vandals have smashed the lot.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Just reading about those guys in Lincolnshire who have spent twenty five years lovingly restoring a model railway, only to find that vandals have smashed the lot.
I went to one of their exhibitions up in Stamford years ago. As a modelmaker myself, I know just how much of themselves people have invested in their models. These louts are up for a bit of 're-education'.

Bad Bungle

King of the Trilobites
Been sitting in the gathering gloom chewing a carrot - some-one must have cut through a cable 'cos the whole neighborhood had no electricity.
Opened a freebie Nescafe Azera Nitro Latte, which is basically a can of cold coffee with a nitrogen widget - fizzy cold coffee - found a new hate so not a wasted evening.

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
I went to one of their exhibitions up in Stamford years ago. As a modelmaker myself, I know just how much of themselves people have invested in their models. These louts are up for a bit of 're-education'.
Yes. A Russian prison for ten years would be my sentence- but I know not much will really be done.

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
No, but bet the Celery Marketing Board gave it more than a cursory glance.
How about a generic insert-pet-hate-here poster (apologies Floyd 1)
Actually, after eating a few sticks of celery yesterday, I've realised that it's the salt that I dip said product into that I like more than the actual said product itself. A bit like how snails are a 'carrier' for the garlic sauce in 'escargo' I suppose. (Sorry escargo).

Last edited by a moderator:

Recycled1

Justified & Ancient
I actually like celery. It's a useful vegetable to keep in the fridge -it can be eaten raw or cooked, and rarely goes 'off'.
But I've often thought that if I were the Queen I would only eat the lovely tender little inside stalks -the peasants could have the tough, stringy, outside ones.:D

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
I actually like celery. It's a useful vegetable to keep in the fridge -it can be eaten raw or cooked, and rarely goes 'off'.
But I've often thought that if I were the Queen I would only eat the lovely tender little inside stalks -the peasants could have the tough, stringy, outside ones.:D
Our dog loves vegetables just as much, if not more than meat, so once or twice a week I cook her a tupperware box full of carrots, green beans, parsnips and a bit of pasta that lasts a few days. Today I had a small stalk of the old celery left so chucked that in as well and it smelt lovely compared to the usual 'boiled veg' aroma. I have only eaten it raw for years, but may try it cooked after this.

Bad Bungle

King of the Trilobites
Chance remark on Facebook and I had a Date/meet arranged for this Saturday - the first in 36 years (boy is that some kind of ugly).
Two of the best seats for the same band at the same Venue with the same wonderful person as 40 years ago (1979) - a chance for her to see my new Flat and for me to try to talk, before she moves to France with partner (husband no. 3 ?). Panic followed by euphoria followed by Que sera sera.
Of all the days she now cannot do - arranginging a 60th Birthday party with no way to get away.
And ... breathe out.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
jumping around like an idiot whilst watching David Harewood's Psychosis and Me because the first psychiatrist he met pronounced her name correctly: Ro-WEN-a not Row-E-na. It rhymes with Vienna, not weener.