What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Saying tata to the only best friend I have ever known. I hold no anger about the end of this relationship. He just could not bring himself to reciprocate the support I gave him when his life went to shit. He was suicidal, and I brought him back. I have only my parents to offer such support now. My friend failed. He will go on to success. I wish him well. My heart hurts though. I will miss him.

Fact - you guys are the only true friends I have now. Is that sad? I just think it is a good thing. When I can't stop crying, there are people here who know how to say the right thing.

This is a very special forum. I honour the managers. And the pals. Thank you.

Ta.

I'm sadly sincere. I'm an midlife crisiser who has made a hash of the situation, and am now completely bereft of physical companionship. I want to connect, and FT is the only and best option. That is not meant as a putdown, but an acknowledgement that, as I have suspected for a number of years now, my feelings about you are the most important in my social life. I don't think it is a bad thing. My only regret is that it is through a keyboard. You people would be fab IRL. I'm half a mind to take an aeroplane to London or Dublin and jump a bus to the extremities. I am quite sincere.

Oh hello, a chicken and cheese toasted sandwich.

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Saying tata to the only best friend I have ever known. I hold no anger about the end of this relationship. He just could not bring himself to reciprocate the support I gave him when his life went to shit. He was suicidal, and I brought him back. I have only my parents to offer such support now. My friend failed. He will go on to success. I wish him well. My heart hurts though. I will miss him.

Fact - you guys are the only true friends I have now. Is that sad? I just think it is a good thing. When I can't stop crying, there are people here who know how to say the right thing.

Chin up skinny. And no, it's not 'sad' at all. I've only been here for 5 minutes, whereas others have been here for years like your good self (and 18 years in some cases) and yet I still feel like I've known 'em forever! Seeing regular 'faces' is a really nice thing. There's always someone here to make your day better and/or give good advice. (Not me, but the others!)

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Ta.

I'm sadly sincere. I'm an midlife crisiser who has made a hash of the situation, and am now completely bereft of physical companionship. I want to connect, and FT is the only and best option. That is not meant as a putdown, but an acknowledgement that, as I have suspected for a number of years now, my feelings about you are the most important in my social life. I don't think it is a bad thing. My only regret is that it is through a keyboard. You people would be fab IRL. I'm half a mind to take an aeroplane to London or Dublin and jump a bus to the extremities. I am quite sincere.

I'll guarantee you right now that no one has made a bigger hash than I. And I don't say that to try to make you feel better.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk

Yakking on'ere and on a related board has helped me through various hard times.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..

Ta.

Jeez, I'm sorry skinny mate, I didn't see this til after my post above. I'm so sorry about your friend.

But I hear ya about the friends on here. It isn't sad at all...

Sending huge hugs across the... um... Atlantic... er... Pacific... er... however it gets from UK to Australia.

:group:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Geez, @skinny , I thought I was in a bad way! Seriously, social media gets a lot of criticism, and with good reason when it amplifies the worst in people, but the FMB proves it can amplify the best in people too. I try and check in every evening, and even if I have nothing to say it's usually a good read.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
not sad - a correct recognition of wonderfulness. And it takes one to know one! :oldm: