What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
i have been wading through the jack the ripper thread the past two evenings, just about half way, but i can now reveal the fruit of my research. jack the ripper was ....a nasty bastard
but you're giving away the plot!

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Saying tata to the only best friend I have ever known. I hold no anger about the end of this relationship. He just could not bring himself to reciprocate the support I gave him when his life went to shit. He was suicidal, and I brought him back. I have only my parents to offer such support now. My friend failed. He will go on to success. I wish him well. My heart hurts though. I will miss him.

Fact - you guys are the only true friends I have now. Is that sad? I just think it is a good thing. When I can't stop crying, there are people here who know how to say the right thing.

This is a very special forum. I honour the managers. And the pals. Thank you.
Can't really 'like' this - that's rough. You did the right thing a true friend should, probably expended a lot of mental energy in doing so, & getting nothing back is hurtful.

The old cliche about finding out who your real friends are springs to mind.

Can only send good wishes & hope the dark clouds eventually clear to fairer weather.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Saying tata to the only best friend I have ever known. I hold no anger about the end of this relationship. He just could not bring himself to reciprocate the support I gave him when his life went to shit. He was suicidal, and I brought him back. I have only my parents to offer such support now. My friend failed. He will go on to success. I wish him well. My heart hurts though. I will miss him.

Fact - you guys are the only true friends I have now. Is that sad? I just think it is a good thing. When I can't stop crying, there are people here who know how to say the right thing.

This is a very special forum. I honour the managers. And the pals. Thank you.
Things improve over time, and if you need to talk/rant/belly dance, we're here if you want us!:bpals:

Can't really 'like' this - that's rough. You did the right thing a true friend should, probably expended a lot of mental energy in doing so, & getting nothing back is hurtful.

The old cliche about finding out who your real friends are springs to mind.

Can only send good wishes & hope the dark clouds eventually clear to fairer weather.
Spot on, hunck.

Thanks all for your encouragement. It means the world.

Hiding under the doona where I belong. All day. Semi-hopeful of a return to full jedi powers at some point but there is cool white wine in the fridge and it is singing my name so sweetly. I have private students from 4:30pm tomorrow, so I can sleep off the h/o, but maybe two nights running on the grog would be pushing the bounds of even my stupidity.

Glad you're freewheeling again, Shades. A car = freedom.

Ta.

I'm sadly sincere. I'm an midlife crisiser who has made a hash of the situation, and am now completely bereft of physical companionship. I want to connect, and FT is the only and best option. That is not meant as a putdown, but an acknowledgement that, as I have suspected for a number of years now, my feelings about you are the most important in my social life. I don't think it is a bad thing. My only regret is that it is through a keyboard. You people would be fab IRL. I'm half a mind to take an aeroplane to London or Dublin and jump a bus to the extremities. I am quite sincere.

Oh hello, a chicken and cheese toasted sandwich.
Take care. The important thing is that you can talk about it and there are people here who will listen.

brownmane

off kilter
@skinny, sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is to realize when a friendship is not good for you. I have lost contact with friends, over the years, but only ever got rid of one when I realized that it was only "giving" from my side. It was difficult and I was saddened but have never regretted what I did.

As for mid-life crisis, I went through it several years ago. I realized that almost half of my life (possibly) was done and I hadn't done what I thought I would. There are no do overs for the past, but you can always decide to change the future. I think that is the most important thing. If you always try to be the best person you can be, then you've made the world a better place.

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Just been reading the 'Warning and Ban log' thread.
Thanks to;
Stu
The Start Of The End Is Near

Neville, hunk, coal, Dave Plankton, Pete S, Frides, Yithian and others for having me in stitches.

Last edited:

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Right now I am looking out the window at my former neighbour trying to get into his former house. Has he left something behind? I doubt it's any good trying to get in, he doesn't seem to have his keys with him! And now he is in his car and going away. Hmmm, this might have been better in the Things That Make You Go WTF! thread...