What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

INT21

Antediluvian
Escargot,

You may be too late.

Quite possible that your phone sent the lot to the big cloud and your most private parts will suddenly appear of the next message you send to your in-laws.

AI has a wicked sense of humour.

INT21.

Last edited:

INT21

Antediluvian
Depends upon how you define proportional.

I was watching live coverage.

Probably it will be considerably condensed in the next few hours.

INT21.

Tempest63

Ephemeral Spectre
Depends upon how you define proportional.

I was watching live coverage.

Probably it will be considerably condensed in the next few hours.

INT21.
Watching Sky and BBC constantly flicking between an empty parliament building that the demonstrators have left and earlier footage of their roadblocks for an hour is disproportionate in my mind. I flicked over to Al Jazeera and watched other newsworthy stuff from other parts of the globe; it’s something I often do when a big news story breaks in the U.K. and becomes the only story to Sky & BBC

INT21

Antediluvian
I watched it on CNN. Just happened to be passing the tv at the time.

It will be interesting to see how the various channels spin it in the late news.

I tend to go between BBC, Al Jazeera, CNN and CNBC.

CNBC and Bloomberg for the financial stuff.

INT21.

oops, missed out Euronews.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
Watching Sky and BBC constantly flicking between an empty parliament building that the demonstrators have left and earlier footage of their roadblocks for an hour is disproportionate in my mind. I flicked over to Al Jazeera and watched other newsworthy stuff from other parts of the globe; it’s something I often do when a big news story breaks in the U.K. and becomes the only story to Sky & BBC
I've often wondered what would happen should two big news events occur on the same day - how the 24-hour rolling news channels would cope.

Would they implode?

Tempest63

Ephemeral Spectre
I can’t understand why the beeb started 100 days of Trump and why it’s still going. They didn’t do 100 days of Obama or 100 days of Bush Junior did they?
I remember the good old days when the news focused on the troubles in Ireland and the Royal Navy repelling Icelandic fishing boats from our territorial water...Shit! An impending sense of deja vu just trod on my grave.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
I can’t understand why the beeb started 100 days of Trump and why it’s still going. They didn’t do 100 days of Obama or 100 days of Bush Junior did they?
I remember the good old days when the news focused on the troubles in Ireland and the Royal Navy repelling Icelandic fishing boats from our territorial water...Shit! An impending sense of deja vu just trod on my grave.
I prefer the days when the newsreader sat earnestly behind a desk and shuffled papers, instead of standing trying to look effective in front of a giant screen.

Like this chap (whom I vaguely - vaguely, mind - remember):

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I prefer the days when the newsreader sat earnestly behind a desk and shuffled papers, instead of standing trying to look effective in front of a giant screen.

Like this chap (whom I vaguely - vaguely, mind - remember):
When there was a phone on the desk in front of them which sometimes rang so thy'd pick it up and listen and say 'Thank you' and then give out some last-minute update; or it'd actually be their mates in the production office screaming obscenities in an attempt to make them laugh.