What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
I saw this the other week, it involves stick-chewing and how to make your own tooth powder.

I like this chap.

I have tried salt with a normal toothbrush-it's not bad.
Bought a tub of dental charcoal last year; what a palaver. It took about 15 minutes to clean the basin out afterwards.

I think the toothpaste/mouthwash business is, (along with light-bulbs), one of the biggest rip-offs going.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I like this chap.

I have tried salt with a normal toothbrush-it's not bad.
Bought a tub of dental charcoal last year; what a palaver. It took about 15 minutes to clean the basin out afterwards.

I think the toothpaste/mouthwash business is, (along with light-bulbs), one of the biggest rip-offs going.
My uncle Pete doesn't use toothpaste. He never has, apparently. He just whizzes around the brush with salt water.
Still has all his teeth and he's about 75.
My Dad always used that old-fashioned Euthymol toothpaste and he still had all his teeth when he died.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Trying to free a hoverfly that had taken up residence in our kitchen. I like them because they're beneficial to my wife's garden. I didn't like this one because it was stupid.

I eventually ended up balancing on a dining room chair, leaning precariously over the sink and capturing it by the old "pint glass and sheet of card" manoeuvre.

I then had considerable difficulty in persuading it to vacate the glass outside, despite brandishing it invitingly in the vicinity of a recently-watered rose bush.

Reports of sightings of a middle-aged man waving an apparently-empty beer glass and shouting, "Fly, you lazy chitinous muppet!" may be safely ignored by Forteans.

maximus otter

Last edited:

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
My uncle Pete doesn't use toothpaste. He never has, apparently. He just whizzes around the brush with salt water.
Still has all his teeth and he's about 75.
My Dad always used that old-fashioned Euthymol toothpaste and he still had all his teeth when he died.
Yes, a lot say salt is the best.
Richard Feynman didn't bother at all, apparently.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Feeling better then? Didn't require the rennies and/or germolene.
Thank you for asking, I have staff on standby ready to collect in case of emergency.

The cakes were excess from a load of giveaways in a car promotion at work. Everyone ate them until we all felt sick and then I nabbed the rest and secreted them in a distant fridge in the next town.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
I was witnessing a Glitch in the Matrix happening right here on this very forum. That's right, people. :nods:

*everyone gathers round to listen to what Zebs has to say*

I had just replied to a post by @Yithian. He was looking dapper as always:
1562513790790.png

*the assembled crowd nods in agreement*

But then, lo! I opened another thread in a different tab and came across another post by our esteemed Moderator (all hail the Moderator). Except, he had changed! Transformed right before my very eyes!:

1562513902479.png

*the crowd begins to get restless, cries of "ooh" echo around the forum*

What sorcery is this?

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
Wondering why our living room lights just went off. We thought 'power cut' but then quickly realised that the telly and internet were still on.

Mr Zebra discovered a tripped fuse thingy (MCB in modern parlance) but we're not sure what tripped it; we weren't in the process of switching on/off any lights at the time.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Wondering why our living room lights just went off. We thought 'power cut' but then quickly realised that the telly and internet were still on.

Mr Zebra discovered a tripped fuse thingy (MCB in modern parlance) but we're not sure what tripped it; we weren't in the process of switching on/off any lights at the time.
Sometimes they just do that. It can be a bulb that's on its way out.