What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Can remember learning that sardines are actual fish that swim around and not some preparation of a certain fish, like how kippers are really smoked herrings or whatever.

When I first heard mention of sardines being caught in the sea by Spanish fishing boats I imagined a net coming up full of cans of fish and was speechless with laughter for about half an hour.
The 'Sardine' name originates from Sardinia.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Putting things back in their places, having just finished a repair to some peeling ceiling paper under the flat roof of the bay. It was one of those jobs that had been put off for a long time. I initially had the excuse that the ceiling needed time to thoroughly dry out, once the roof was properly watertight.

Procrastination seemed to let the task grow in my imagination; I had visions of the weight of the paste bringing the whole sheet down on my head. Maybe I could get a better ladder.

I dimly recalled posting something about the roof repair on here. I see it was September, 2016!

Well the paper is now reattached, though it is hardly a professional-looking job. Now there are some spots of rot in the back gate and the front door that need attending to. Will the wood-hardener keep the gate's bottom hinge in place for another year? The rain today has let me postpone the external stuff. When will I get stuck into all the pointing that needs doing? Consciousless hoveldome can't be many years off. :willy:

skinny

HARD AS NAILS
Putting things back in their places, having just finished a repair to some peeling ceiling paper under the flat roof of the bay. It was one of those jobs that had been put off for a long time. I initially had the excuse that the ceiling needed time to thoroughly dry out, once the roof was properly watertight.

Procrastination seemed to let the task grow in my imagination; I had visions of the weight of the paste bringing the whole sheet down on my head. Maybe I could get a better ladder.

I dimly recalled posting something about the roof repair on here. I see it was September, 2016!

Well the paper is now reattached, though it is hardly a professional-looking job. Now there are some spots of rot in the back gate and the front door that need attending to. Will the wood-hardener keep the gate's bottom hinge in place for another year? The rain today has let me postpone the external stuff. When will I get stuck into all the pointing that needs doing? Consciousless hoveldome can't be many years off. :willy:
Similar. About to prep my castle for iminent sale. Mentally listing all the jobs materials and costs. Think I shall stay in bed for another day. Try again tomorrow. :(

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Pulling the fungus-specked and yellowed leaves from my papaya tree. It started out so well, went straight up like a rocket, noticeably taller every day. It seems to be living its life in fast-forward. Then two days ago I noticed spots on the leaves. A day later almost all the leaves are yellow and sagging, with big spots on them. I've taken them off now but I have to travel for more than a week; I wouldn't be surprised if it's dead by the time I get back.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
Similar. About to prep my castle for iminent sale. Mentally listing all the jobs materials and costs. Think I shall stay in bed for another day. Try again tomorrow. :(
Good luck with your house sale, @skinny... I get the sense (am I very wrong?) that this isn't a sale you want to do... if that's the case then sorry that you're having to sell your home; I know what it's like to be forced to move home and it can be heart-wrenching.

On the other hand if I'm completely off base then just ignore me!

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
You are correct, Zebs. Nowhere to hide any more. Thanks for the wellwishes anyway.
:group:

The one thing I do know about this thing they call "life" is that... even though things don't make any sense right now, and probably seem unfair, there will come a time in the future when your life is back on track and you will look back and realise that all the bad things that happened in the past are the reason why you are where you are, and then it will all make sense. We don't see the reasons for things until much later.

Just stay strong until then. I will keep you in my thoughts. You'll get through this.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I was laughing at Techy as he lurked around watching the bin men without being seen. We have a garden waste collection and he'd got it in his head that something unsuitable had been put in it and the binners'd know because it was too heavy and there'd be trouble.

Just now there were space-communication sounds coming from t'wireless in the kitchen - beeps and crackly vices - and I said 'That's the Garden Waste Police coming for you!'
He said he'd point at me and say 'It was HER! SHE did it!'

At least I know where I stand.