What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
Watching Star Trek: The Search For Spock. Now'll I'll be quoting "My God, Bones, what have I done?!" for days, and waiting for the appropriate response...
Could be worse: you could be walking around in public sobbing unconvincingly and saying "you Klingon bastard" at passers-by.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
They’ll happily eat dog & cat food, but pup & kitten-size chunks are easier for them to manage. Use chicken-based food for preference.

Even more valuable in this hot weather would be a source of water. Any heavy, shallow vessel would be fine.

Your instincts re bread and milk were quite correct: it is actively harmful to piggies.

Well done!

maximus otter
Thank you Maximus! I have commandeered one of Archie's water bowls and some of his chicken wet food. If my piggie comes back, they'll have food and water waiting for them. Although I guess some of the neighbourhood cats will be in there like a shot!

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Thank you Maximus! I have commandeered one of Archie's water bowls and some of his chicken wet food. If my piggie comes back, they'll have food and water waiting for them. Although I guess some of the neighbourhood cats will be in there like a shot!
Try Spike’s dry hedgehog food. Available from Amazon, eBay and most garden centres.

A pocket-money feeder will deter local moggies even further.

Well done!

maximus otter

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Try Spike’s dry hedgehog food. Available from Amazon, eBay and most garden centres.

A pocket-money feeder will deter local moggies even further.

Well done!

maximus otter
Oh wow! This is so cool!

Ocado delivers Spike's hedgehog food, so I can get that along with Archie's stuff and the (wild) bird food. And I can get the feeding station from Amazon. I am very happy right now!

Thank you for all the advice, Maximus, it has made me, and hopefully a hedgehog or two, very happy.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
I was sitting with my brother outside the Italian restaurant in Tring with a cup of coffee. I was hailed by my nephew who was passing with his dog Mikey in tow. Mikey is black and white although today he's black and white and green and brown (mainly on his head and back). Apparently they didn't see any cows in Tring Park on the outward trip but there were fresh cow-pats on the return trip.

Mikey0353.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I was sitting with my brother outside the Italian restaurant in Tring with a cup of coffee. I was hailed by my nephew who was passing with his dog Mikey in tow. Mikey is black and white although today he's black and white and green and brown (mainly on his head and back). Apparently they didn't see any cows in Tring Park on the outward trip but there were fresh cow-pats on the return trip.

View attachment 19087
I like Mikey.

brownmane

off kilter
I was hailed by my nephew who was passing with his dog Mikey in tow. Mikey is black and white although today he's black and white and green and brown (mainly on his head and back). Apparently they didn't see any cows in Tring Park on the outward trip but there were fresh cow-pats on the return trip.
Dogs always have ways to remind their humans how to live in the moment and enjoy life:rollingw:

Schrodinger's Zebra

Eight pounds ten in the biscuit tin
Having a bit of a panic anxiety moment after randomly reading a post on 'ere which inadvertently brought back memories and fears I don't want to bring back.

:tears:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
You on those Slimfast ones?
Counterweight Plus (or Pro 800). Part of the hospital plan to fix my diabetes.
This diet was first trialled in Glasgow, because that is seen as a place where people eat a lot of unhealthy food and diabetes is 'all over the place' there.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Wow, never heard of it, how is it going then? feeling any better?

Shady

That is brilliant, you feel better? more energy? is this with the meds as well?

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
I've lost over 1.5 stones so far.
2015 I was pre-diabetic, 5’4” and weighing 86 kilos (that’s what happens when you give up the tools and go management). Blood pressure controlled by medication. Then my Crohn’s disease flared up for the first time since 87. Dropped to 62 kilos, blood pressure normalised and blood sugars stabilised.
So it is true...every cloud does have a silver lining.

Shady

I feel weaker, actually. I keep feeling a bit dizzy too.
I'll have to ask if I can reduce my blood pressure meds. I've cut down my diabetes meds too.
Yes, when i went veggie i lost two stone and my blood pressure and diabetes evened out, my cholesterol is great, so good idea to ask about dropping it, i have kept mine up and i have no dizziness, maybe its the body just saying hang on, need to shift this lot.