What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

skinny

HARD AS NAILS
I was just watching cricket. Still am. Going outside in the lunch break. Very chilly 4deg. Clear skies. Saw a sweet shooting star. Wondered how long it had been wizzing across space before it hit the atmosphere. Made me feel tired pondering the awesome openness out there. So I got back in the warmer house. Watching The Ashes.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Field of work comp prog?
No, worked as a graphic/web designer in the world of adult entertainment for the best part of 20 years. As a side line, I used to build websites for small businesses and community groups for $1-5k each.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Oh that is different. Care to share some sordid tales of dubious delight?
NSFW
It honestly wasn't that exciting. Great money in the early days of the Internet. Some of the fetish stuff was out there, but like anything, it became mundane after a while. You can only look at so many thousands of naked bodies (or body parts) before it's just part of the job.
The most interesting folks weren't the more glamorous adult stars ( I dealt with quite a few), but rather the amateur couples who liked to show off whatever their respective kinks were. I made lots of websites for people into domination and bondage, spanking, feet and handjobs. They were just ordinary people who liked to show off and hoped to make a few dollars by doing so. Some became hugely successful and made millions, literally.

skinny

HARD AS NAILS
You know those nights that are utterly still and quiet outside, so much so that you can hear a dog woofing 7 miles away and the ocean even though you're 17km from the shore? Having one now.

It is cold. Very cold. The stars are twinkilng in utter utter silence. Majestic night. Frost coming in a few hours for sure.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
You know those nights that are utterly still and quiet outside, so much so that you can hear a dog woofing 7 miles away and the ocean even though you're 17km from the shore? Having one now.

It is cold. Very cold. The stars are twinkilng in utter utter silence. Majestic night. Frost coming in a few hours for sure.
Sounds beautiful.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Wondering how to spend a honorarium award I got for working through all of my holiday entitlement last year. £680 after tax (doesn't cover my travel costs) but I'm determined to spend it on me me me before an unexpected bill or a sob story turns up.
Saw an ad today for a new metal detector for only £679.00 - that would leave enough for a toffee pecan yum-yum from Morrison's cafe.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
You could splurge on a big pizza or steak, or a chinese or new bed

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
What are your hobbies besides metal detectoring?

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient

Had a night like that 2 nights ago. The sky was a blanket of stars. We're quite fortunate here that there's little light pollution and at times the upwards view will just take your breath away with it's enormity.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I'm at work and was texting round my colleagues bragging about how brilliant I am.
Something had gone wrong but through my own skill and foresight I managed to finish the job with literally seconds to spare.

That one-armed window cleaner's rag didn't know what hit it.

I'd kept my manager up to date with events and he read all my texts out to a couple of my mates, the git, ending with the one that started 'As you were.'

So I'll be home in an hour on my garden lounger, having avoided the sack once again.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
I'm at work and was texting round my colleagues bragging about how brilliant I am.
Something had gone wrong but through my own skill and foresight I managed to finish the job with literally seconds to spare.

That one-armed window cleaner's rag didn't know what hit it.

I'd kept my manager up to date with events and he read all my texts out to a couple of my mates, the git, ending with the one that started 'As you were.'

So I'll be home in an hour on my garden lounger, having avoided the sack once again.
Hope you were on the garden lounger with a banana daiquiri and something delicious to eat!

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Multi seed loaf (1 lbs) hot and ready in the newly re-discovered bread-maker 5 mins ago. Now half a loaf.
At least got rid of the taste of Palmolive. Will reload maker with the other half of the bread mix.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Ordering breakfast in Macdonald's. The whole system is SNAFU due to protest action, so I don't feel bad about being late for work. If I can even get there today at all.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Ordering breakfast in Macdonald's. The whole system is SNAFU due to protest action, so I don't feel bad about being late for work. If I can even get there today at all.
Tried the train again. There's a train in the station, not moving and with all the lights out. It's very hot today.