What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Cool, bloody good price
Looking at Freakouts on Youtube

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reading that it's actually Christina Hendricks' hand on the American Beauty poster, not Mena Suvari's (though it's not her tummy).

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Googling how to remove carbon casserole from the bottom of a pressure-cooker that was left stewing without the lid on properly. Then googling what American housewives call 'Baking Soda' and checking if I've got any. Then trying Bicarb to remove tea and coffee stains from my mugs whilst waiting to see if I can salvage the pressure-cooker.

Tempest63

Ephemeral Spectre

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Tried simmering some white vinegar in the pressure cooker and then added Bicarb as per Granny Internet - nothing has worked to shift the carbon layer. Can't get the lid back on as the vinegar vapour has buggered the gasket seal.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Googling how to remove carbon casserole from the bottom of a pressure-cooker that was left stewing without the lid on properly. Then googling what American housewives call 'Baking Soda' and checking if I've got any. Then trying Bicarb to remove tea and coffee stains from my mugs whilst waiting to see if I can salvage the pressure-cooker.
We used to put some water in it and put it back on the stove leaving it to boil for a while, while its still hot get those stainless steel thingies round it, keep repeating it, the bugger will come off

I just bleach the mugs, quicker

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
Denture cleaning tablets are great for removing stains from mugs. Just leave them for around ten minutes then give them a good rinse.

brownmane

Abominable Snowman
Sodium bicarbonate as is it's chemical name is, is a wonder for cleaning almost anything. Even making a thick damp paste and apply it to an oven and left over night will clean the oven. Some elbow grease required, but not too much.

Boiling vinegar in a pot that has burned milk on bottom works but you have to have lots if breathing space to do it.

brownmane

Abominable Snowman
Oops, I always reply to a comment before I finish reading all of the others. I see that several of you already suggested the baking soda.

Sorry @Bad Bungle that the vinegar screwed your seal. I would have just applied the baking soda as a paste.

I always try to remember that baking soda is basic and vinegar is acidic (chemistry terms, not personality traits:)), and then decide which I'm using for cleaning. Baking soda is excellent for anything oil based.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Baking Soda is fine on tea and coffee stains in mugs and cups and I use a Sterident tab for teapots and the coffee machine. But bicarb is simply not working on the carbon layer in the pressure cooker. Nor is vinegar (just realised that Morrison's malt vinegar is the same as Sarson's white vinegar but flavoured with Malt at a fifth of the price) - adding both bicarb and vinegar makes no sense as they just neutralise each other. Either need industrial grade acid from Work (which I don't really want to carry on the train - maybe take the pot in to Work) or it will have to be the pot scourer. But thank you all for the advice.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
I was watching The Colossus Of New York, and wondering "If you're going to put your dead sons brain into a robot body, why on Earth did you give it Death Ray Eyes? That's not going to end well!"

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
I was watching The Colossus Of New York, and wondering "If you're going to put your dead sons brain into a robot body, why on Earth did you give it Death Ray Eyes? That's not going to end well!"
'It seemed like a good idea at the time'.
Not only did the eyes fire Death Rays, they also flashed hypnotic light at people! Never a good combination!