What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Swearing at an unopened tub of Morrison's House salad that has spoilt because every bought salad in the world has to have raw red onions in it. Swearing at the Council for changing the bin collection days without letting anyone know. Swearing at myself for fully closing the seat on my scooter before remembering that the only key to unlock it is the same bent key that won't open the fuel cap cover. That's all.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
hugs and more hugs. Take a deep breath and, when you are ready, ask them about patient groups, relevant voluntary bodies and so on. There is a great deal of help and support, and a great number of heuristics out there.

More hugs.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Swearing at an unopened tub of Morrison's House salad that has spoilt because every bought salad in the world has to have raw red onions in it. Swearing at the Council for changing the bin collection days without letting anyone know. Swearing at myself for fully closing the seat on my scooter before remembering that the only key to unlock it is the same bent key that won't open the fuel cap cover. That's all.
Find a locksmith and see if they can replace the key... or unbend it. Unbending it might require use of a blowtorch and then careful hammering.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Find a locksmith and see if they can replace the key... or unbend it. Unbending it might require use of a blowtorch and then careful hammering.
Suzuki dealer says it will cost £40.00 for a blank and £10.00 to cut it - no-one else has a blank to match. I did straighten the key enough to open the seat, this required Geller-channelling and choice swearing.

INT21

Antediluvian
Trying to identify a printed circuit board on my milling machine.

Seems the numbers are on the bottom. Have to remove it tomorrow.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Sanding my new knife.

Well, its not a new knife...I found it all rusted up at the car boot...a Mora laminated blade. (I prefer laminated blades, not common in the west)

Hence the sanding

20p. I am making it a new sheath. Ideally it needs a new handle but Ill leave it for now.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Realising that Carole Landis was born a hundred years ago this year. RIP lovely lady, sorry it didn't work out for you.

INT21

Antediluvian
Regretting, having just used a brush to apply a coat of yacht varnish to an item, washing the brush with white spirit in the kitchen sink. It's going to take a day or two for the smell to go away.

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
Finishing reading a Swiss crime novel, Suspicion , by Friedrich Durrenmatt.

It was ok, great build-up to the ending, but quite anticlimactic in the end.

INT21

Antediluvian
Rejoicing.

I was driving into town earlier today, and upon passing a row of bins awaiting tomorrows collection a wondrous sight I beheld.
I had been wondering how to keep the damp from rising through the concrete of my shed floor. And came to the conclusion that old lino would do the trick.

And there, between the bins, was a pile of lino. Someone maybe re-lining their kitchen threw it out. enough to do most of the shed.

It is faux parquet pattern, but never known to look a gift horse in the mouth, into the car it went.

And (yes, there is indeed more) A part I ordered for my defunct milling machine arrived. So that is also running again.

All in all, a good day; so far.

INT21.