What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Returning home from the start of my Christmas shopping (despite being months away, there are only a certain number of pay days until Christmas!), and being appalled by the behaviour of people on the bus. First is what I can only think of as a whiney pot headed woman complaining that the driver (Maori or Pacific Islander at a guess) wouldn't let her on the bus without paying, and her calling him "a disgrace to her country" before taking his photo on her phone before storming off. Five minutes before my stop, the driver stops the bus, walks to the back and tells the teenager lounging on the back seat to sit up, as he wasn't at home, and if the driver couldn't lie down, the passenger certainly couldn't.

It's good to get out and meet people...

INT21

Antediluvian
Wondering if brothers are really worth the trouble.

I had just settled down to a productive afternoon in the shed playing with my new toy, and my brother arrived for a chat.
I only see him occasionally. But this time he stayed about three hours.

Ah well, there's always tomorrow.

INT21.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Whats your new toy?

I have been making a new sheath for that knife...still not got it properly clean yet, it has corrosion marks. I will admit I havent been working hard.

And I found a new one at the car boot. Scandanavian, with those curved sheaths...even though it is straight.

The sheath is in poor condition and so i will make a new, with copper rivets...I have copper nails and abit of old pipe...now to turn it into washers.

I have too many knives, but its always satisfying to do up old tools. My outdoor friends spend a small fortune on kit. I cannot, but I still have some nice items.

INT21

Antediluvian
Kondoru,

I take it you like Freerk Wieringa then ?

If not, may I suggest ...

.com/watch?v=AGfrGQlvRZ4&list=UUPGxD_KKEb48mqhcjzPc3PA&index=28

(You'll have to put the usual www etc before the link.)

As an introduction. It's quite long.

The new toy is a planer/thickneser. I've been meaning to get one for a long time.

My woodwork shop, or rather the woodwork section of my shed, is now complete.

Refering back to Uri Tuchman. His only power tool is a cordless drill.

Maybe I am just a tool junky.

INT21.

INT21

Antediluvian
Ill have to take a look...

Do you restore things too?
Oh yes. The shed and a large part of the house has 'projects' that are awaiting the call.

This evenings task was to work out why my BlackSpur palm Sander won't work. I need to make a jig so I can run it when the casing has been removed.

INT21.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Wondering what sinister purpose Skinny has in seeking so much information about his fellow FTMB members:

What were you doing five minutes ago?

What are you driving?

What TV are you watching?

l feel as though l’m being stalked, remotely...

:boh:

maximus otter

skinny

HARD AS NAILS
Same here. heh
Watching my youngest and her mother land at Changi on their way back to the land of their ancestors - Korea. AND recalling how glad I am that they didn't fly Cathay this time. They'll be in the Land of the Morning Calm (or as we pre-millennial wags used to quip - Land of The Mourning Clam) at sunup, all things going to schedule.

I'm now housesitting at my ex's until the eldest makes the line to her next term break. We had a ton of fun doing maths homework. Now she's playing Wii Mario kart and I'm drinking wine. We deserve a break.

Actually it's nice to be here at this locale. I'm easier able to break the apron strings with the old house as it gets worked on. I'm spending 5 hours there each day and then getting back here to watch the moon rise over the Adelaide hills with a glass. It's rather good. On the weekend, we'll scour them thar hills for adventureness. I'm close to where I first lived in a city. Who knows where next...

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Same here. heh
Watching my youngest and her mother land at Changi on their way back to the land of their ancestors - Korea. AND recalling how glad I am that they didn't fly Cathay this time. They'll be in the Land of the Morning Calm (or as we pre-millennial wags used to quip - Land of The Mourning Clam) at sunup, all things going to schedule.

I'm now housesitting at my ex's until the eldest makes the line to her next term break. We had a ton of fun doing maths homework. Now she's playing Wii Mario kart and I'm drinking wine. We deserve a break.

Actually it's nice to be here at this locale. I'm easier able to break the apron strings with the old house as it gets worked on. I'm spending 5 hours there each day and then getting back here to watch the moon rise over the Adelaide hills with a glass. It's rather good. On the weekend, we'll scour them thar hills for adventureness. I'm close to where I first lived in a city. Who knows where next...
I used to drive to Liverpool Airport to drop Escet off then shoot home, taking about 40 minutes, and settle down to watch his flight take off. Then I'd hear him fly over my house on way to Geneva and track him the rest of the way.

Sounds like your life is settling down nicely.

INT21

Antediluvian
Wondering what sinister purpose Skinny has in seeking so much information about his fellow FTMB members:

What were you doing five minutes ago?

What are you driving?

What TV are you watching?

l feel as though l’m being stalked, remotely...

:boh:

maximus otter
So you won't want to know what is in that file labeled 'Maximus' that I occasionally add to.;)

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Watching the cheesy '90's version of Captain America, and wondering why there weren't any subtitles on the damn thing, since half the dialogue is drowned out by explosions or just mumbled...

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I was stuffing lunch down my throat - tinned soup* and a cut-price Tesco ploughman's sub.

*Bought a big box of mixed cans for £3 at a car boot sale a few years ago. One day we'll reach the end of.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
I was stuffing lunch down my throat - tinned soup* and a cut-price Tesco ploughman's sub.

*Bought a big box of mixed cans for £3 at a car boot sale a few years ago. One day we'll reach the end of.
If a man selling food out of the back of his car offers you a lift, run the F away!