What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
Possibly you could form a 'Save Ablution' society ? Meetings in the local scout hut 7 PM every second Wednesday.
Good idea, there should be something to encourage ablutions- Boots now sell a deodorant that boasts that it lasts 72 hours. What sort of savage is not cleaning themselves for three effing days?

INT21

Antediluvian
Oh yes, nearly forgot. What mystery was I pondering ?

I was looking at one of my old threads. Quit interesting statistics.

Opened Jan 14. 9 responses.
Jan 15 48 responses.
Jan 16 30 responses.
Jan 17 9 responses.
Jan 19 5 responses.
finished Jan 20 13 responses.

January 15 was a busy day ?

Not so much pruned, as pollarded.

:)

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Doing my evening ablutions.

I've nothing else to say, but I just like dropping the word 'ablutions' into a conversation every chance I get.
We all have our idiosyncrasies - going through a phase where I must respond to any annoying assertions, 'how does this fit in with religion, then'?

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Still uploading archive material to Gdrive for access to all and came access this forgotten rarity - never been published before?

Before you believe crop circles were made by...

Here's a clue... circa at the peak of same.

Rod Dickinson & John Lundberg, I believe...

john_rod.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I was putting a plaster on my finger which I'd bashed/gashed by accidentally belting it with the barrel of the door lock that we'd just replaced.
A key broke off in it and I was hoping to knock the snapped bit out.

Last edited:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Sounds painful. Hope you're ok.
How kind, thank you!

Yup, it's all plastered up now, not postered as in my original post.

I did eventually get the broken bit of key out by soaking it in oil and banging it on the front step until a few milimetres emerged, then dragging it out with pliers.
The old locks are of no use to us but I thought I might donate them to someone who needs them.

Last edited:

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
*wolf whistles* Looking sharp sir
How kind, thank you!

Yup, it's all plastered up now, not postered as in my original post.

I did eventually get the broken bit of key out by soaking it in oil and banging it on the front step until a few centimetres emerged, then dragging it out with pliers.
The old locks are of no use to us but I thought I might donate them to someone who needs them.
Ouch, be careful woman, and thats a good idea, there will always be someone at sometime who wants a lock.
Yup, apparently female is the default.
it is always default of the female, i'll get me coat :p

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Yup, apparently female is the default.
(Vague, read it somewhere a while ago fact coming up) I think it's that we all start out female in the earliest stages of development, then take different paths according to which gender we end up as. So males have female characteristics like nipples.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Doing my evening ablutions.

I've nothing else to say, but I just like dropping the word 'ablutions' into a conversation every chance I get.
Picked that up from my grandfather who picked it up in the Royal Artillery as a young man.

Personally, five minutes ago I was helping my daughter complete her Lego 'Friends' pool resort set.

It's rather good (overpriced, of course), but even as a one-time hobby modeller, I found it to be a bit damned fiddly!