What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Marduk sounds like a cool God

Filing nails, brushing hair and considering something to eat

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
I've just dismantled, cleaned and oiled my main sewing machine. It now stitches beautifully and runs nearly silently for the first time in years.
Wish I could solve all my problems so easily!
Me to, but you're not allowed to dismantle, clean and oil people shaped problems. But only if you get caught...

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
I've just finished putting razor edges on my wife's kitchen knives.

As it was only yesterday that I bought her a copy of this book:

... I am now considering whether that might have been my best move.

I must remember to read it after her, and check for underlining, highlighting or page corners folded down...

maximus otter

Last edited:

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
I've just finished putting razor edges on my wife's kitchen knives.

As it was only yesterday that I bought her a copy of this book:

... I am now considering whether that might have been my best move.

I must remember to read it after her, and check for underlining, highlighting or page edges folded down...

maximus otter
Has she been stockpiling quicklime?

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Hurriedly preparing bed and board for this little tyke, which I found in our hedgehog feeding station at about 1330 today:

Pants iPhone shot, sorry

At least he or she (haven't managed to sex her yet) seems to be in possession of all limbs and eyes. That weight is very disturbing, though, as is the fact that she was out feeding in broad daylight. That is not a good sign in piggies.

She should weigh at least 600 grams to stand a good chance of surviving winter.

For various reasons, it's an awkward time for us to be taking on a hedgehog, though rest assured that she will get the best of care and attention.

At the moment she's curled up in our conservatory, in our luxurious piggy penthouse, warm and snug with all mod cons.

Wish us luck.

maximus otter

Last edited:

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Hurriedly preparing bed and board for this little tyke, which I found in our hedgehog feeding station at about 1330 today:

Pants iPhone shot, sorry

At least he or she (haven't managed to sex her yet) seems to be in possession of all limbs and eyes. That weight is very disturbing, though, as is the fact that she was out feeding in broad daylight. That is not a good sign in piggies.

She should weigh at least 600 grams to stand a good chance of surviving winter.

For various reasons, it's an awkward time for us to be taking on a hedgehog, though rest assured that she will get the best of care and attention.

At the moment she's curled up in our conservatory, in our luxurious piggy penthouse, warm and snug with all mod cons.

Wish us luck.

maximus otter
Awwww so cute, and best of luck, if anyone can make her better you can, give her a lil tickle from me x

INT21

Antediluvian
I was wondering.

In the case of the accidental killing of Harry Dunn by the wife of an American diplomat, Why did Harry's parents go to America ?

It seems from the reports that President Trump had the wife in the White House to meet them, but they declined.

Surely, it would have been against the law (our law) for the parents of a victim to meet with the accused before a trial had taken place. Possibly could have been construed as interfering with a witness.

Or was that the intent ? Get them to meet up. Then say 'Sorry, can't extradite her as you have already jeopadised the case by talking to her'.

INT21.

Kingsize Wombat

Abominable Snowman
I got shat on by a bird.

Only for the second time in my life. The first time was when I was still a teenager and proudly wore a brand new shirt. Walked out of my parents' house and "pfft".

And again just right now, standing outside of my office.
giphy.gif

Still, once every 40 years isn't too bad, I guess.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Started watching a YouTube documentary, something like, '5 explanations for the univerese that will blow your mind'. Got so far as the premises we live in a black hole, we don't realy exist at all... Anyone else surmise if you can find the remote controls, that's been a reasonably accomplished day...

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
I got shat on by a bird.

Only for the second time in my life. The first time was when I was still a teenager and proudly wore a brand new shirt. Walked out of my parents' house and "pfft".

View attachment 20677

You've just jinxed yourself :sstorm:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I got shat on by a bird.

View attachment 20677

I had a dog shit land on me from the sky once ..

I was on my push bike returning from a job interview when I felt it splat on my right shoulder. I stopped immediately and looked around for who must have thrown it at me then it occurred to me that it had travelled vertically so someone had thrown it high in the sky. It could have been worse I suppose as it didn't land on my head or end up on my face ..

Years later, I was sent to visit an elderly gentleman through work in the exact same area only to discover that his dog used to shit on his neighbour's back garden and that the neighbour understandably used to get livid about it. I've often wondered if that was the explanation.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I got shat on by a bird.

View attachment 20677

Supposed to be good luck!

Years ago I was outside the local town hall blathering away about some rubbish I'd been up to. I said 'And ANOTHER thing -' and jabbed a finger out, and an immense pigeon shit plastered my entire hand.

Sort of ruined the moment.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
I got shat on by a bird.

View attachment 20677

I've been the victim at least four times – twice while cycling, a great mess through the helmet. Not a great way to start the day. And once, and I refuse to see being shat on as lucky, I was indoors! I was playing indoor cricket in Sydney when a pigeon in the rafters let rip – and that was the second time that week for me, though at least the first one was outdoors. And seagulls leave an almighty mess...

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Glasgow, when I was about 8 years old. Up town with uncle Andrew and he shouts, 'Run!'.... Why? I queried... Suddenly, the sky was filled with pidgeons.... SPLAT... direct hit on right hand shoulder. It was my brand new duffle coat as well.... :mad:

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I had a dog shit land on me from the sky once ..

I was on my push bike returning from a job interview when I felt it splat on my right shoulder. I stopped immediately and looked around for who must have thrown it at me then it occurred to me that it had travelled vertically so someone had thrown it high in the sky. It could have been worse I suppose as it didn't land on my head or end up on my face ..

Years later, I was sent to visit an elderly gentleman through work in the exact same area only to discover that his dog used to shit on his neighbour's back garden and that the neighbour understandably used to get livid about it. I've often wondered if that was the explanation.
Flying dog. Only explanation.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Kicking myself (metaphorically).

For a couple of week I've been intending to remove faulty keys from a BBC keyboard.

Having got myself suitably psyched up and about to do the job, I can't find the damned de-soldering pump.

A howl of anguish echoed around the valley.
Braided copper wire?