What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
The cowboy outfit of a company that I work for was recently taken over by another asset-stripping rodeo. Our new bosses were supposed to roll up today for a meet and greet.

It's my day off so I'd've had to make quite an effort to attend, which I frankly didn't, and those bastards didn't turn up either.

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
Go have a third time lucky look, then look under the front car seat.

Thank me later.
Sadly it wasn't under the car seat. I was really hoping too... :)

That's what you get for keeping it in the same place all the time. I'm guilty of this myself! It's a good system when it works.
I go mad if things aren't in the 'proper' places! Drives me up the wall when we can't find something (usually when we are DIYing and it takes us longer to find the ruddy screwdriver or whatever tool, than it does to actually do the job we needed it for).

I dream of a lovely cupboard with everything laid out in its rightful place.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Drives me up the wall when we can't find something (usually when we are DIYing and it takes us longer to find the ruddy screwdriver or whatever tool
The former Mr Quar was hopeless with the DIY tools and would go to extraordinary lengths to lose the chuck keys. I bought extra ones to salt away for such eventualities.

These days I tape them securely to the cable. Wouldn't have done that back then as he'd've untaped them to lose. I think he wanted to get out of the DIY.

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Just got back from the works Christmas do at a posh restaurant.
Had problems opening the back door of the car, so I gave up and was just setting off when it actually opened... WTF.
Got back home, got in, was completely unable to lock the bloody door. Had to fiddle with the mechanism before it locked properly.
And no, I'm not drunk - all I had was a pint of diet Coke.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Just got back from the works Christmas do at a posh restaurant.
Had problems opening the back door of the car, so I gave up and was just setting off when it actually opened... WTF.
Got back home, got in, was completely unable to lock the bloody door. Had to fiddle with the mechanism before it locked properly.
And no, I'm not drunk - all I had was a pint of diet Coke.
There's a poltergeist in your car...

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
Playing the 'Select The Correct Word' game on this link https://www.101languages.net/swedish/swedish-vocabulary-games/ in my quest to learn enough Swedish that I can understand a couple of YouTube videos I've found which don't have English subtitles. (Roxette interviews).

I've guessed about half of them correctly :D

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Opening a couple of parcels. Sent off for 12 rainbow-patterned wristbands, as seen'ere -

Wristbands on Amazon

They're really good About a third longer than the ones I normally get and quite thick and woolly.

I wear them for work and the cycling or doing anything when I might get a sweaty face.

Shut up.

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
<div data-xf-p="1">It's my day off so I'd've had to make quite an effort to attend, which I frankly didn't, and those bastards didn't turn up either.</div><div data-xf-p="1"></div>
When I was working in Russia back in 1997 we were building a Pepsi factory close to Samara, Al Gore was visiting town with, I believe, the Mayor of Moscow. As Al is big buddies with the Pepsi hierarchy he was going to visit the factory site and glad hand the local workers. Hence on the day all the local workers were in their Sunday best, waving little Stars and Stripes. The calvacade appeared, flag waving went into a frenzy and the waiting throng were at fever pitch. They drove by...didn’t stop. Our interpreter Lev Konstantinovich sighed and said”nothing ever happens in Samara”