What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Schrodinger's Zebra

Eight pounds ten in the biscuit tin
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
Wondering why idiots nearby are letting off fireworks during a total fire ban and while half the country burns...
Are you in that area then? I didn't realise. Hope you're staying safe. I've been listening to the radio on and off last night about the fire updates, it sounds a terrifying situation.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Are you in that area then? I didn't realise. Hope you're staying safe. I've been listening to the radio on and off last night about the fire updates, it sounds a terrifying situation.
There are fires near where I am, but not too near to be a threat just yet...

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Knocking on next door to ask if I can take a box of eggs but give them the quid later because I forget to get some cash out .. they've got a booth with an honesty box in their front garden.

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
I was contemplating starting a thread called "The everlasting mystery of dust." While cleaning the bathroom, found enough dust to start my own graveyard. Afterwards, it still looked dusty, but there's only so much of my life I'm willing to devote to scrubbing the baseboards with a toothbrush.
And now, Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night!

Schrodinger's Zebra

Eight pounds ten in the biscuit tin
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
Buy 2 single-ring hobs? For 'redundancy'?
Possibly... this is the second hob we've had that's stopped working so we're loathe to buy another one until we can get around to buying a 'proper' cooker. We had sometimes used both rings so 2 single-ring ones might end up getting used at the same time thus defeating the redundancy purpose.

We're considering getting something else instead, that will still be usable once we get our proper cooker. Something like an electric pressure cooker, perhaps, that we can cook our vegetables in without needing a hob. Not sure yet. These standalone hobs just don't seem particularly robust.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Possibly... this is the second hob we've had that's stopped working so we're loathe to buy another one until we can get around to buying a 'proper' cooker. We had sometimes used both rings so 2 single-ring ones might end up getting used at the same time thus defeating the redundancy purpose.

We're considering getting something else instead, that will still be usable once we get our proper cooker. Something like an electric pressure cooker, perhaps, that we can cook our vegetables in without needing a hob. Not sure yet. These standalone hobs just don't seem particularly robust.
It's possible to get a single-ring induction hob from John Lewis for £50.
That should be more robust than the usual hobs.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
I use an air fryer you can cook more or less anything in them, i love mine, in most cases you don't need any oils at all and B&M are the best prices