What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Gloucestrian

Devoted Cultist
We compost everything we can. Things like chicken bones go into the Rubbish Bin.
I don't thinkwe;ve ever used the food waste bin either.
But why not put the chicken bones in the food waste bin? It is industrially composted, I believe, in which the temperature gets much higher than in domestic compost heaps and the bones and other stuff that can't be composted at home is successfully composted at scale.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I was laughing at Techy because he'd just eaten a phaal (very VERY hot curry) with a chili the size of London on top of it.
I ate a phaal curry without knowing what it was. My friends (ex-friends now) ordered the food while I was in the loo and then they watched intently as I ate it. It was very tasty but also very hot, and I started sweating profusely. But I ate it all because (a) I liked it and (b) because I don't waste food. Then they burst out laughing, telling me I'd eaten the hottest phaal in Peterborough! Bastards.

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
Just getting in the door after spending the day beating on my farmers’ shoot. I’m knackered and hoarse. And we’re having a dry January.

Grrr...

maximus otter
Literally just walked through the door after a very enjoyable shoot near Halstead in Essex, then off to the Locomotive for dinner with the rest of the shoot, but no booze as me and Mrs T63 are also on dry January

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
But why not put the chicken bones in the food waste bin? It is industrially composted, I believe, in which the temperature gets much higher than in domestic compost heaps and the bones and other stuff that can't be composted at home is successfully composted at scale.
simple answer is that it's not on the list so it doesn't get in!

But that could be bad list writing....

Gloucestrian

Devoted Cultist
simple answer is that it's not on the list so it doesn't get in!

But that could be bad list writing....
Understood. It is odd that different areas of the country have such varying recycling schemes. Our food waste service takes pretty much all kinds of food waste so anything that can't be composted in our garden compost bin or wormery goes into that food waste bin. Seems like we have a better recycling service locally than I had realised.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I was walking past a couple on the train with their kid, who's about 9. The adults were colouring in his crayoning books and giggling and he was staring intently out of the window.

I bet he'd LOVE his parents to look out of the train window with him and discuss the route and geography etc with him, as I did with my children.

I was walking past a couple on the train with their kid, who's about 9. The adults were colouring in his crayoning books and giggling and he was staring intently out of the window.

I bet he'd LOVE his parents to look out of the train window with him and discuss the route and geography etc with him, as I did with my children.
Perhaps he is a PORG nurse accompanying a couple with special needs.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Eight pounds ten in the biscuit tin
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
Watching ZebraPup2 have a little wobble. She's getting into the 'legs everywhere' lanky stage of puppy development and tends to be a bit unstable at times.

Fun times. ZebraPup1 is past that stage now, so only one to contend with at a time.