What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Schrodinger's Zebra

Eight pounds ten in the biscuit tin
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
Mr Zebra is watching The Persuaders.

I'm translating the lyrics of a Swedish song I like, using my dictionary and phrase book. So far I have a good jist of the song, but there are sentences I know I have translated too literally so they don't yet make proper sense.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Started a jigsaw of a scene from the Tapisserie de Bayeux ( Le Duc Guillaume traverse la Mer sur un Grand Vaisseau). There seem to be a lot of pieces of sky and twigs and I've spotted the top of a bottle of cognac and a copy of Country Life - unless William packed a picnic for the trip, I'd say the wrong puzzle is in the wrong box (charity shop but sealed). If I finish it and it was worth the effort, I may post it.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I was texting back and forth with colleagues about my shift pattern change. One wants to swap to lates so I told him to get in there and make the boss give him my late shifts. Otherwise they'll be spread around everyone and he'll miss out.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Watching Mrs & Miss Yith's flight progress on Flightradar24.

I recall that Rynner was fascinated by this and the maritime version.

It's so odd to reflect that this little red plane inching across a map of the world is actually a real thing carrying your loved ones closer at five hundred miles per hour.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk

It's so odd to reflect that this little red plane inching across a map of the world is actually a real thing carrying your loved ones closer at five hundred miles per hour.
Used to follow my family's progress to various parts of the world on Flightradar. I could run Escet up to Liverpool airport, rush home, start up the Fightradar, see his plane take off on it and track him all the way to Geneva. Sometimes he'd fly over my house!

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient

It's a wonderful tool. With the devastating bushfires here in Australia and my hometown affected directly, many (including myself) used it to track and watch the water bombing aircraft and helicopters as they battled the approaching fire fronts from the air.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Wow! British culture I missed absorbing. I am ashamed by my laxity and ignorance. I was on the money about the cryptid tho, I mean...WTF is it?
He was just an old cloth cat .. but Emily loved him .. me and the Mrs still sing "we will fix it we will fix" sometimes. Normally when we're having sex.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Lol, what exactly is a Bagpuss? Are you hiding a cryptid from the public?:wii:
Bagpuss is one of our cats. She came to us already called that. We don't change moggies' names because we normally take on rescues and they've had enough trauma without learning a new word for food!

Our local postie, Gavin, carries meat scraps to treat his customers' pets and Bagpuss LOVES him. When it's warm she waits on the doorstep for him. He calls her 'Baggy'.