What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Sitting in the first floor of a cafe in Countytown, bathed in sunlight, drinking a mocha and listening to Allegri’s sublime, incomparable “Miserere“:

Life is good.

maximus otter

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Sitting in the first floor of a cafe in Countytown, bathed in sunlight, drinking a mocha and listening to Allegri’s sublime, incomparable “Miserere“:

Life is good.

maximus otter
.. how are the staff going to mop the floor if you're sitting on it .. stand up and sit on that chair

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Been out with MrsCarlos on our new mountain bikes. It's got to be 20 years since I rode one, forgot how much fun it is.
Good mountain biking territory in your neck of the woods - S. Downs etc.

Don't worry, I'm not rocking lycra.
It's only a matter of time.

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
Spraying some WD40 into a stubborn door mechanism (whatever you call the bit that sticks out of the side of the door and holds the door closed). The doorknob is now moving much more smoothly. :nods:

And then unthinkingly saying a Swedish word instead of the English equivalent in a sentence.

And then pondering the fact that neither I nor Mr Zebra have ever seen an episode of Monty Python.

It's been a busy five minutes.

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
Ha, well, too young to have seen it first time round I think (it was on in the 70s, is that right?) :p but I don't remember it ever being on telly in our house when I was little, I guess my parents didn't like it (I suppose) and so I wasn't aware of it's even existence until probably the 90s. And I've just never got around to attempting to watch it. I think Mr Zebra's experience is pretty much similar.

:)

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Ha, well, too young to have seen it first time round I think (it was on in the 70s, is that right?) :p but I don't remember it ever being on telly in our house when I was little, I guess my parents didn't like it (I suppose) and so I wasn't aware of it's even existence until probably the 90s. And I've just never got around to attempting to watch it. I think Mr Zebra's experience is pretty much similar.

:)
I watched it for the first time when it was repeated when I was at school - late 80s or very early 90s.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I watched it for the first time when it was repeated when I was at school - late 80s or very early 90s.
Yes, that's where I saw it, I remember doing impersonations of The Killer Cars in French lessons. Probably why I can't speak French very well.

INT21

Antediluvian
For those who may have been wondering.

Humphrey:
Now two boys have been found rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant. Now some of you may feel that the cormorant does not play an important part in the life of the school, but I would remind you that it was presented to us by the corporation of the Town of Sudbury to commemorate Empire Day, when we try to remember the names of all those from the Sudbury area who so gallantly gave their lives to keep China British. So from now on, the cormorant is strictly OUT OF BOUNDS. Oh and Jenkins? Apparently your mother died this morning. Chaplain?

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reading Facebook. Shaking my head.
Our town has been threatened by fire for some weeks now and for the past two days a quite intense back burning operation has been put in place between our town and the next town south of us. As we live on the edge of a National Park, the idea is, that despite an immense area already having been burnt, by burning what is essentially a strip of unburnt bushland, it will create a fire break, saving us from potential future fire fronts. Summer is not over in Australia.
This fire season has brought out the best in many people, yet is has also brought out the worst. I understand many people are traumatized and living in a state of flux, yet online people are ready to take small snippets of information, blow it out of proportion and post it as absolute fact.
There also seems to be an almost competition like atmosphere for some, as in ''I'm more upset over this situation that you are.''
In the same vein, much wildlife has been left with little to no drinking water or food, so many, many volunteers are now setting up water and feeding stations all over the place. The Internet experts who've never done more than open a can of dog or cat food always have to weigh in on the conversation and add in their 2 cents worth, because ''I once heard somewhere...''
I observe, read, sometimes laugh, often shake my head in disbelief, sometimes despair, but never contribute to Facebook.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Paying car tax online and printing off the confirmation to keep in my car to prove that its paid.

If only there were some sort of... I don't know, token, or... disc, perhaps, that could be displayed discreetly on the windscreen to show the car is taxed...
Yes, I want them to start doing that again.

Swifty

Being Yoda for my 17 year old co worker on Facebook apparently .. I don't ever contact him, other way round .. I smell a rat so select how I answer his requests for advice carefully. Trust no fucker until ..

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Researching the Jerusalem Artichoke, having bought a bag of the buggers, for the first time in years.

" . . . which way soever they be dressed and eaten, they stir and cause a filthy loathsome stinking wind within the body, thereby causing the belly to be pained and tormented, and are a meat more fit for swine than men."

So far, so good. :hapdan:

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Researching the Jerusalem Artichoke, having bought a bag of the buggers, for the first time in years.

" . . . which way soever they be dressed and eaten, they stir and cause a filthy loathsome stinking wind within the body, thereby causing the belly to be pained and tormented, and are a meat more fit for swine than men."
Jamie Oliver not a fan then?

Swifty

Laughing at a moment I sadly wasn't at work for tonight .. sorry but the Mrs won't allow me to share it .. a couple of our guests having sex in our hotel swimming pool footage with all the staff pissing themselves laughing watching it on our office CCTV .. :badge:

INT21

Antediluvian
Possibly a PA announcement.

'Would the couple having sex in the pool kindly note it is after 8 PM. And ensure any bodily fluids do not get into the water. Thank you for your co-operation'.

Swifty

Aww (sniggs), come on. No fair. Someone ought to have told / reminded them they were being fillumed. Although they were flaunting the NO DIVING laws I guess.
..our head chef's a legendary prankster, he called the phone in the swimming pool room instantly during the sex act, our waitress's were glued to the screen I've been told .. everyone was watching .. you can see the bloke get out of the pool to walk over to the wall mounted telephone. :cheer: .. full respect to both of them.

Last edited: