What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Checking the weather. It's become habitual. Last Sunday the temperature was 38 C. With fires still burning within two kilometers from our home. Today we've had a maximum of 15.5 C and torrential rain as has most of the East Coast. If this keeps up I'll be building an ark.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Checking the weather. It's become habitual. Last Sunday the temperature was 38 C. With fires still burning within two kilometers from our home. Today we've had a maximum of 15.5 C and torrential rain as has most of the East Coast. If this keeps up I'll be building an ark.
What makes you think I'm not already doing that?

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
Looking for my sunflower 'invisible disabilities' lanyard from Argos. I went to put it on this morning before we went out shopping. It should have been hanging on the back of the bedroom door but it simply wasn't there.

Thought I'd have another look now but still can't find it anywhere. Colour me puzzled.

Somewhere in an alternate universe another me now has two of them. Probably.

At the risk of looking terribly unfashionable for quoting one of my own posts, I thought I'd report that my lanyard is now back!

We'd got another one after the first one went missing, and it stayed on the back of the bedroom door quite happily. Until a few minutes ago, when I was about to hang up my newly-washed dressing gown and noticed there were now two of them hanging there.

I haven't looked very closely at the bedroom door in recent weeks so couldn't tell you when it reappeared, but reappeared it has.

Sometimes in life you just have to shrug and walk away, because there will never be a logical explanation.

skinny

Class of 1984
Stuffing my fat face with fried eggs, halloumi and onions with baked beans and wholemeal rolls. Ketchup was also present.
Had a long miserable day at work.
Attagirl. I feel you.

I just watched the oscars and though I haven't bothered with it for 10 years I was thrilled, moved and gobsmacked. I've never given so many fist pumps and verbal affirmations to it before. If you get a chance to watch it, it's a pretty lean event as far as the usual sideshows (thank god) but the genuine gratitude was fresh. I've watched every performance awarded for acting and was in total agreement. The big shocks in production awards kept on coming and I was in tears, given my connections to the people involved. My wife chaperoned the winner of the best director and best picture oscars when he was an invited international guest here at the Adelaide film festival over ten years ago. While he was snubbed even at that shallow-pool event, she was honoured to host him and to make his warm and cheerful acquaintance. Very proud and thrilled for all involved. A great set of films and performances in 2019.

역대급 !!!

tuco

Junior Acolyte
"fixing" my ignition switch, my car is a fiat so in order to start it you have to wiggle the key and swear at it (common with fiats), so i removed the barrel, took out the tumblers and springs and put back together, also has the advantage that i can now remove the key to unlock the car park gate without stopping the engine. should have done it a long time ago.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Checking my medicine and realising that my 'preventer inhaler' is empty. It has a counter of how many doses it has, and that is sitting at 000.

I don't know how long it's been empty but I suspect it is why I've been feeling a bit "chesty" in the last few days.

Oops.

INT21

Antediluvian
Sitting with a hot compress on one eye whilst watching one of my trees (90 foot high) doing battle with storm Dennis.
Also wishing I had found the money last year to reduce the height of this tree. Just glad it has no leaves on it.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Sitting with a hot compress on one eye whilst watching one of my trees (90 foot high) doing battle with storm Dennis.
Also wishing I had found the money last year to reduce the height of this tree. Just glad it has no leaves on it.
What have you done to your eye?

Good luck with the tree staying up; we've got a couple but they seem quite resilient so far (not even a few little branches off). They aren't quite as tall as your one.

INT21

Antediluvian
Zebra,

Conjunctivitis.

I have a number of trees around the garden. Six big hardwoods and another six conifers (the dreaded Cupressus leylandai) plus a tall monkey puzzle in the front garden. Oh yes, and a holly.

I had two trees removed over the last five years, but it costs £400 a time. Because there isn't much room between the trees and the buildings, they have to be cut down in sections. Involves a man on a rope with a chain saw.

INT21.