What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Passed a gnarled and leafless tree with spooky branches, looking straight out of Sleepy Hollow. As I got closer I was startled to see a great big ****ing grey owl in it, leaning almost horizontally forward, eyes open . Excited and impatient to get home and tell people online about it I got out my phone and got as close as I could , taking pictures for several minutes , zooming in and trying to combat the fact it was in silhouette on the camera screen. It never flinched.

As I started to walk away I was now to the side of it so paused for a clearer shot from this better angle. I got in close and was fascinated that it was so perpendicular, perhaps scanning the ground for the giveaway movements of a doomed rodent. Then I noticed it's feet were attached to a stand. It's was plastic.
IMG_20200309_131524443_HDR.jpg

INT21

Antediluvian
Ah, Belissima.

Just lika INT21 used make.

Sprout and Chorizo next.

Last edited:

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Yup, that's what cycling's all about. Coffee, cake, country parks, railway rides.
:)

We didn't cycle of course, but we did have a thoroughly enjoyable day out on the Saturday. Gonna post it in the 'what were you doing today' thread (as its more a day thing than a five minutes ago thing) - if you want to have a read, cos I know you like the area :)

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Picking up a parcel from the local post office, after getting an email from the delivery company saying "there was no safe place" to leave the delivery. Odd, since the parcel is small (the complete blu ray collection of The Incredible Hulk with Lou Ferrgino and Bill Bixby), and larger parcels have been left in a safe place.

This could go under the "Whinge Thread" and the "What Have You Just Bought?" thread....

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Passed a gnarled and leafless tree with spooky branches, looking straight out of Sleepy Hollow. As I got closer I was startled to see a great big ****ing grey owl in it, leaning almost horizontally forward, eyes open . Excited and impatient to get home and tell people online about it I got out my phone and got as close as I could , taking pictures for several minutes , zooming in and trying to combat the fact it was in silhouette on the camera screen. It never flinched.

As I started to walk away I was now to the side of it so paused for a clearer shot from this better angle. I got in close and was fascinated that it was so perpendicular, perhaps scanning the ground for the giveaway movements of a doomed rodent. Then I noticed it's feet were attached to a stand. It's was plastic. View attachment 23979
I once attached a couple of those kitsch little plastic squirrel ornaments to the top of our fence and the dogs spotted them and went MAD.
Took t'mutts a while to realise their new friends weren't real.