What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Inviting a mate round for Kiev, chips and peas because his new girlfriend's just dumped him for her ex ..

I remember a girl dumping me when I was 17, I was gutted so my mates were all trying to find the kindest words to say to me until an older lad cheerfully piped in with "Don't worry .. she was a dog anyway.". I don't remember laughing that hard since. Good lad. :)

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I wish he WOULD play games instead of reading about it and nagging the telly.

He reckons
- if there are no restrictions on travel, events etc there will be at least a million deaths from it in the UK.
- 20% of the population will need hospital treatment which will be triaged towards younger people, so older patients will be left to die.
- 'Older' here means 'over 60' which applies to me!

My job entails being coughed on by a wide variety of people from all over the world. They take FULL advantage of this facility. I'm doomed.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers

He reckons
- if there are no restrictions on travel, events etc there will be at least a million deaths from it in the UK.
- 20% of the population will need hospital treatment which will be triaged towards younger people, so older patients will be left to die.

My job entails being coughed on by a wide variety of people from all over the world. They take FULL advantage of this facility. I'm doomed.
I'm just relieved my Dad's coming back with my Mum to live in England instead of France, she nearly died a few times last year so she's definitely been stronger .. they've got friends in high places in the NHS and my Dad's bought a special machine to check my Mum's blood which he can use to broadband to the hospital so she doesn't have to keep going there .. they're both mid to late 70's so it is a worry.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient

He reckons

You? Over sixty? Piffle!

Piffle, I say!

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
We've just found an unopened bottle of handwash soap at the back of our bathroom cupboard.

Are we now millionaires?
Put it on eBay and find out. Someone, no doubt will pay you a small fortune for it. I happen to have two bottles. Perhaps we ought to pool resources and we'll buy a small nation together.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Antibacterial handwash. :)

Not so sure about ten a penny though; there was no soap of any kind in our local supermarkets on Friday; which came as an utter surprise to us. No bars of soap, no liquid handwash, nowt. Zilch.
Yes, local supermarket totally out of all soap products here as well.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
I'm thinking we should hide the bottle under the loose floorboard in the study.

*thinks for a minute*

You haven't read this; you know nothing about our loose floorboard.

Or our study.
I could delete this post and then only I would know! And the other mods. And Mythopoeika who has already replied. But apart from them only I would know about your secret stash.

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Dunno what sort of soap-deprived hellholes you lot live in but here in Snailtown we have all we can carry away.
Some people call it Scotland. But soap-deprived hellhole works too.

Hmm, and where is this fine Snailtown? Sounds like a lovely place to visit. We shall need detailed directions of course.

Last edited:

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Currently feeling shaky and miserable after falling - twice - on my way back to the living room.. legs had been feeling a bit weak all day but they've finally given out. First fall bashed my knees badly, second fall twisted my arm in my crutch so that's hurting now too, along with my right foot which must've got twisted or bashed as well.

I think it's safe to say I'm in a flare-up.

:(