What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

INT21

Antediluvian
Sounds pretty miserable.

I'm more or less asleep at the keyboard.

Breaking my old sleep habit is proving hard.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Currently feeling shaky and miserable after falling - twice - on my way back to the living room.. legs had been feeling a bit weak all day but they've finally given out. First fall bashed my knees badly, second fall twisted my arm in my crutch so that's hurting now too, along with my right foot which must've got twisted or bashed as well.

I think it's safe to say I'm in a flare-up.

:(
You need Propolis. My local Asda had it half-price last week.

INT21

Antediluvian
I drink too much coffee as it is.

I am basically nocturnal. so my normal habit is to drift off to sleep about 8 am.then wake at around noon.

But I've gone cold turkey on this change and now arise at 6 am and am forcing myself to stay awake until 10 pm.

So there are brief periods where I am not altogether 'with it'.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I drink too much coffee as it is.

I am basically nocturnal. so my normal habit is to drift off to sleep about 8 am.then wake at around noon.

But I've gone cold turkey on this change and now arise at 6 am and am forcing myself to stay awake until 10 pm.

So there are brief periods where I am not altogether 'with it'.
It's allowed at your age.

INT21

Antediluvian
There was an interesting documentary by Desmond Morris, writer of 'The Naked Ape'. He is a surrealist. Quite a good one.
But he is nocturnal and he says his brain works best between 10 pm and 4 am. My is similar. He also observes that it is a quiet time to work and no one phones you.

But others in the family can't accept this. And it is the cause of much stress.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
There was an interesting documentary by Desmond Morris, writer of 'The Naked Ape'. He is a surrealist. Quite a good one.
But he is nocturnal and he says his brain works best between 10 pm and 4 am. My is similar. He also observes that it is a quiet time to work and no one phones you.

But others in the family can't accept this. And it is the cause of much stress.
I have found I am similar. I have seen some of Morris's paintings in the flesh, as it were.

Currently feeling shaky and miserable after falling - twice - on my way back to the living room.. legs had been feeling a bit weak all day but they've finally given out. First fall bashed my knees badly, second fall twisted my arm in my crutch so that's hurting now too, along with my right foot which must've got twisted or bashed as well.

Take care!

maximus otter

Recovering policeman

:bpals:

maximus otter

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient

:group::group:
Get better soon, or I'll turn up and talk godzilla facts at you!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Driving back from the vets without our cat, Zac, who shuffled off this mortal coil aged 21 years, 1 month and 15 days. The vet injected him and he went instantly which, she said, was a sign that he was ready to go. RIP Zac.
Sorry to hear. Hope you will be OK.

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
Sorry to hear. Hope you will be OK.
Thank you. Whilst we were sorry to see him go it would have been selfish to delay it as his quality of life was deteriorating daily. But we have a 4 month old Springer pup and our Labrador is exactly 1 year old tomorrow; St Patrick’s day. They will keep us too busy to be miserable for too long.

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Driving back from the vets without our cat, Zac, who shuffled off this mortal coil aged 21 years, 1 month and 15 days. The vet injected him and he went instantly which, she said, was a sign that he was ready to go. RIP Zac.
Sorry for your loss. Take comfort from the fact that you were obviously great owners/parents because that is a grand old age for a cat.

Many people don't understand how painful it is to lose a pet... they are more than 'just' pets.

*hugs*

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
We are watching the news and they just showed a clip of a press conference from one of the world leaders about the Coronavirus.

"Why is he doing his announcement in French?" I asked Mr Zebra. "Half of his country speaks English don't they?"

Mr Zebra looked at me oddly.

"Don't go all Mandela Effect on me," I continued, "and tell me that Canada is suddenly entirely French-speaking."

Mr Zebra looked at me a little more oddly and then replied "That's the French president."

"Oh! I thought it was that Trudeau chap."

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
We are watching the news and they just showed a clip of a press conference from one of the world leaders about the Coronavirus.

"Why is he doing his announcement in French?" I asked Mr Zebra. "Half of his country speaks English don't they?"

Mr Zebra looked at me oddly.

"Don't go all Mandela Effect on me," I continued, "and tell me that Canada is suddenly entirely French-speaking."

Mr Zebra looked at me a little more oddly and then replied "That's the French president."

"Oh! I thought it was that Trudeau chap."
Trudeau... Macron... they do seem pretty interchangeable.

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Cleaning my air rifles, taking stock of pellets, sharpening knives. Usual stuff I find relaxing lol