What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
When you say 'live', it was actually recorded, right? But the AOT incident had to be left in.
It was a live broadcast in 1965 that had been recorded for posterity. They recorded hardly any of them, or kept them, anyway, which is why we have more Jimmy Tarbuck ones than Bruce Forsyth ones, worse luck. Next week we jump to the 70s and Jim Dale's hosting!

Tin

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Just found a false widow spider crawling out one of my log buckets. I like spiders and usually leave them be but this one went outside.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Sitting outside in the sun. I spent two hours doing a crossword, reading an Arthur Koestler bio and a post-apocalypse novel by Robert Harris: The Second Sleep. All three most enjoyable.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Sitting outside in the sun. I spent two hours doing a crossword, reading an Arthur Koestler bio and a post-apocalypse novel by Robert Harris: The Second Sleep. All three most enjoyable.
The Koestler bio, does it mention his creepiness? He was a famous sex pest.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Having a shower after my first decent exercise in far too long: a bicycle ride over to the next small town & back.

Now? Dinner, and maybe a sip or three of that half-bottle of Malbec in the corner cupboard.

Life is good.

maximus otter

Tin

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Do they eat peanuts then? What else do they like? I don't think we have any urban badgers here but if we ever do I will spoil them ROTTEN.
I googled what I could give them and they love peanuts so I've been leaving piles dotted around where they've been digging. Not sure what else they like other than worms and grubs like leatherjackets.

We've always had them visiting but not as much digging as lately and I found out they really struggle for food when the ground is dry, but you shouldn't over feed them once they can find natural food easier as they'll have too many young the following season.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Replaced the peanuts for the badgers as the ground is still very dry here and they're still digging holes everywhere.
What stunned me at the first (and last) close encounter of the badger kind was (a) the rubbery snout and (b) the Shetland pony size of the bugger. My brother reckons most people underestimate the size of badgers because the only time they see them up close is when squashed by the side of the road - and it's mainly the juveniles who mis-judge traffic.

Tin

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
What stunned me at the first (and last) close encounter of the badger kind was (a) the rubbery snout and (b) the Shetland pony size of the bugger. My brother reckons most people underestimate the size of badgers because the only time they see them up close is when squashed by the side of the road - and it's mainly the juveniles who mis-judge traffic.
I used to go and watch them when I was a teenager and they are big buggers. Also when you see them running they remind me of bears.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
I saw one in the middle of the road on my way to work, it was open fields but a well travelled road, it was dead, so i turned round slid it onto a bag and put it at side of road so it couldn't be crushed, it was a big un, poor thing.
At the moment i have a load of seed which i put out the squirrels love the sunflower seeds in em, i suspect the birds like it all, i gotta put some water and dry cat food out for the lil hedgehogs tomorrow, bit late now.

Erm what was i doing 5 mins ago, this post *runs off*

Tin

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I saw one in the middle of the road on my way to work, it was open fields but a well travelled road, it was dead, so i turned round slid it onto a bag and put it at side of road so it couldn't be crushed, it was a big un, poor thing.
At the moment i have a load of seed which i put out the squirrels love the sunflower seeds in em, i suspect the birds like it all, i gotta put some water and dry cat food out for the lil hedgehogs tomorrow, bit late now.

Erm what was i doing 5 mins ago, this post *runs off*
It's never too late. :)

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Badgers - Britain's largest indigenous carnivore, according to the classic Trivial Pursuit question.

tuco

Spitting in a wishing well
Reaction score
I googled what I could give them and they love peanuts so I've been leaving piles dotted around where they've been digging. Not sure what else they like other than worms and grubs like leatherjackets.

We've always had them visiting but not as much digging as lately and I found out they really struggle for food when the ground is dry, but you shouldn't over feed them once they can find natural food easier as they'll have too many young the following season.
Its also good to leave them some cough medicine, just in case.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Eating hot cross buns. Which will probably be on sale again in August...

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Finished my biannual soak in the bath - usually only have time for a daily shower. Pits shaved, ear-hair removed, Hawaiian shirt buttoned up - now where can I go ?

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
I just had a bath and a shave and cleaned up the flat for nothing ?!

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I was cooking the wife’s dinner. I am currently on a Fresubin liquid diet due to my Crohn’s Disease, but I do the cooking and, as she never forgets to remind me, she does everything else, so I will continue to cook for her.
Oven baked haddock, fresh veg and new potatoes tonight. Rib eye steak and Ratatouille tomorrow night.
I AM NOT BITTER!