What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Finishing putting the feijoa jam and chutney in jars, as next door has given me loads of feijoas from his tree.
I'd like to give him some but he's diabetic and won't have anything that has sugar in it.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Finishing putting the feijoa jam and chutney in jars, as next door has given me loads of feijoas from his tree.
I'd like to give him some but he's diabetic and won't have anything that has sugar in it.
I've never heard of these & on looking them up they're described as tasting a bit like pineapple. Would you agree with that?

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
I am going in the bath once it has filled, at the mo i am having a cuppa tea and a bit of cake and lounging on the bed, i have done all the lil chores of hoovering, cleaning kitty litter, making the bed, taking out the rubbish, and doing the pots, think thats it for today

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Trying (and failing) to have a nap, having woken at 0400hrs for no discernible reason whatsoever.

maximus otter

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Playing Ghost Sniper - Contracts on the XBox.
That after a good couple of hours out, walking the hounds in the wilds of the Essex countryside.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
hunck I don't think they taste like pineapple, maybe like a milder version of kiwifruit.
I usually give them to my Sri Lankan friend as she loves them but thought that due to the corona virus I won't be seeing her for awhile and they would have rotted.
The jam and chutney actually taste quite nice so I'm glad I used them up.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Making a gin & tonic and deciding what computer game to buy for my laptop (at the moment - Civilization VI or Anno 1800).

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Half filling the garden bin( which gets collected tomorrow) with thistles which have sprouted everywhere.
The gardener usually comes this week but he's hurt his shoulder and didn't come.

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Half filling the garden bin( which gets collected tomorrow) with thistles which have sprouted everywhere.
The gardener usually comes this week but he's hurt his shoulder and didn't come.
Braintree District Council have suspended the collection of waste from garden bins during the current pandemic as it is “non essential”.
Our local message board is full of advice to bag it up and put it in the grey “non recyclable” bin which, I believe goes to landfill.
A cynical ploy by BDC to exploit the current situation in order to save a few pennies in refuse collection which will end up costing more due to landfill costs.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Braintree District Council have suspended the collection of waste from garden bins during the current pandemic as it is “non essential”.
Our local message board is full of advice to bag it up and put it in the grey “non recyclable” bin which, I believe goes to landfill.
A cynical ploy by BDC to exploit the current situation in order to save a few pennies in refuse collection which will end up costing more due to landfill costs.
Are you sure it's the Braintree District Council, not the Brainless District Council?

Ringo

Less than 2m away
Reaction score
Not 5 minutes ago but something I did yesterday - my tax returns! Yay!

Everyone has to send in their own Self-assessment form here. The majority get a tax refund each year so you get a nice juicy little payout just before summer. It's usually an easy process which requires you to duóuble check the pre-printed figures on you tax form.You can confirm everything via text message now. But I've noticed that mine are getting more complex as I get older requiring more work from me. I have my own business accounts and VAT to declare whi take time. Plus this year I have to declare buying and selling shares and buying and selling a house which means much more paperwork and calculations.

But finally it's all done and submitted and I can forget all about it for another year.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Not 5 minutes ago but something I did yesterday - my tax returns! Yay!

Everyone has to send in their own Self-assessment form here. The majority get a tax refund each year so you get a nice juicy little payout just before summer. It's usually an easy process which requires you to duóuble check the pre-printed figures on you tax form.You can confirm everything via text message now. But I've noticed that mine are getting more complex as I get older requiring more work from me. I have my own business accounts and VAT to declare whi take time. Plus this year I have to declare buying and selling shares and buying and selling a house which means much more paperwork and calculations.

But finally it's all done and submitted and I can forget all about it for another year.
You say you can forget about it, but soon there'll be a letter saying you owe $47 trillion, and they owe you one shiny new brass penny (don't spend that penny all at once!)

Ringo

Less than 2m away
Reaction score
You say you can forget about it, but soon there'll be a letter saying you owe $47 trillion, and they owe you one shiny new brass penny (don't spend that penny all at once!)
Well if that happens even my Uncle Bezos can't help me out.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Taken the day off work and bought some leather polish for my armchair - it's supposed to contain beeswax and aloe vera but smells strongly of almonds. I sit and survey my fine collection of final-reduction easter eggs from a throne made of marzipan,

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
Five minutes ago? Just receiving a package from Amazon, I decided to order some fish food to make sure my four terribly small fish don’t starve. My original pack of fish food which has lasted since the start of time is on the right, I think I should have paid more attention to the description!
4BC7F5F6-88EF-4849-9DC3-C96533994EB1.jpeg

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Five minutes ago? Just receiving a package from Amazon, I decided to order some fish food to make sure my four terribly small fish don’t starve. My original pack of fish food which has lasted since the start of time is on the right, I think I should have paid more attention to the description!
View attachment 25357
Why does your fish food appear to have Mothra on the front of it?!

Five minutes ago, I was watching "It Came From Beneath The Sea"...

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
Why does your fish food appear to have Mothra on the front of it?!

Five minutes ago, I was watching "It Came From Beneath The Sea"...
Perhaps it doubles as Mothra food. It's bloody big enough. Hah, I recorded that at the weekend, thank you Horrror Channel.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
I thought that my hub had died. Internet kit-type hub, not the sweaty sort that would make lockdown intolerable.

The red light was showing without flashing. Things were not right. What a time to go!

Re-set did not work. In fact, it was now dead with no lights showing. Perhaps it had over-heated with a lot of lockdown use. I left it and went back.

After several goes, I got my specs and shed some light on the subject: I had forgotten there was an on-off button on the left of the device.

I must have pressed on this as I initially inspected the set. Once I had turned the thing back on, it re-set as normal. What a relief! :)

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Laying in bed at 02.00 reading the forum as I can’t sleep. Gastroenterologist has put me on a liquid diet for three months. My Crohn’s inflammation markers were sky high last time I saw him, rather than inflict more suppression on my already compromised immune system with steroids during the current plague I am to abstain from real food and alcohol.
The prescribed drinks give me terrible indigestion and keep me awake most of the night.

Ringo

Less than 2m away
Reaction score
Laying in bed at 02.00 reading the forum as I can’t sleep. Gastroenterologist has put me on a liquid diet for three months. My Crohn’s inflammation markers were sky high last time I saw him, rather than inflict more suppression on my already compromised immune system with steroids during the current plague I am to abstain from real food and alcohol.
The prescribed drinks give me terrible indigestion and keep me awake most of the night.
I wish there was a different option to just a "like" button. Maybe a sort of "Solidarity" button? I always feel bad liking posts that are obviously not great news but when I do, I mean "I hear you and send my best regards".