What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Otex comes in a small squeezy bottle and is for a blocked ear. Optrex comes in a small squeezy bottle and is for dry red eyes.
Well they're ******* red now. :pop:
Yikes! Wash that stuff out!

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Eating scrambled eggs with a side dish of garlic mushrooms and bacon...

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I just had a small swig of alcohol hand gel, for scientific research purposes, you would need to be beyond desperate to drink it for any other reason.

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
I just had a small swig of alcohol hand gel, for scientific research purposes, you would need to be beyond desperate to drink it for any other reason.
Drinking unknown medicines, disinfectants, or anything looking medical and blue is not to be recommended. I would have thought this advice unnecessary thinking ‘Who does this sort of thing?’ I guess now we know.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Research students do this all the time - so what did the gel taste like ?

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Planning to take over North Korea, there seems to be a job available...

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Passing a bag of my homegrown Rhubarb, hooked onto the end of the 7 ft linen prop over A 6ft fence to my neighbour! So you see social distancing rules were observed! This was in exchange for the eggs she'd left on my step yeserday. :)

Sollywos x

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Not exactly helping the Mrs set up her first live 'Zoom' conference call by playing God Save The Queen in the background and telling her to start her delivery with "Hello peasants" .. this is for re opening in June or July because apparently her Boss knows something the rest of the world seemingly doesn't. I'm secretly thrilled it isn't working.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
Alcohol containing hand gel burns really well. Always squirt some on a bench and set fire to it, the kids are well impressed and because the heat rises very little damge done to the bench usually.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Trying to update a Wordpress site to the latest version. It is not cooperating giving me the dreaded 500 Internal Server Error message. I'll try again tomorrow.

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Got the software sorted for my new amp. Couldn't get the thing to connect to my laptop at all. Didn't realise I had downloaded the software for an earlier version of the amp. I was getting rather frustrated, then I felt a bit of an idiot lol

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Coughing, spluttering and throwing up after accidentally inhaling some Red Bull.
Things returning to normal now. My eyes have stopped streaming.

Sollywos

Reaction score
Coughing, spluttering and throwing up after accidentally inhaling some Red Bull.
Things returning to normal now. My eyes have stopped streaming.
Well not 'like' obviously I was just relieved it was the Red Bull and not the virus that was causing the coughing! Glad you're ok now it can be a bit scary :(

Sollywos x

Sollywos

Reaction score
Mopping up water. I'd initially spilled it on the laptop which I turned upside to drain while I fetched the kitchen roll and then discovered that in my panic to flip it over the water had drained all over the jigsaw board! Luckily it didn't reach any of the pieces and the lap top seems to have survived. Well so far so good, fingers crossed touch wood and all that, computer problems make me feel so inadequate.

Sollywos x

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Mopping up water. I'd initially spilled it on the laptop which I turned upside to drain while I fetched the kitchen roll and then discovered that in my panic to flip it over the water had drained all over the jigsaw board! Luckily it didn't reach any of the pieces and the lap top seems to have survived. Well so far so good, fingers crossed touch wood and all that, computer problems make me feel so inadequate.

Sollywos x
When spilling water on or even accidently submerging modern tech items in water, the cannon tried and tested advice is to chuck it into a container with dry rice which will absorb all the moisture. Use a vacuum cleaner on it afterwards to remove any negligible dust and you're 100% good to go.

Sollywos

Reaction score
When spilling water on or even accidently submerging modern tech items in water, the cannon tried and tested advice is to chuck it into a container with dry rice which will absorb all the moisture. Use a vacuum cleaner on it afterwards to remove any negligible dust and you're 100% good to go.
Yes I did know about that thanks, and I was considering it but although I do have several bags of dried rice in stock it would take a bit more than I've got to subermerge a lap top! :)

Sollywos x