What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Driving home after dropping my daughter off at the station. Hundreds of corellas flying over from the local nature reserve which they do every day at dawn.

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
Reaction score
Evening ablutions, and getting my clothes and stuff ready for work tomorrow. All while listening to the fantastic Talking Bottom podcast, where one of the greatest sitcoms of all time is discussed one episode at a time.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
We had a parcel my daughter ordered delivered today.
She had an email yesterday saying it would be delivered between Monday and Wednesday next week, so she'll be pleased when she gets home from work.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
We had a parcel my daughter ordered delivered today.
She had an email yesterday saying it would be delivered between Monday and Wednesday next week, so she'll be pleased when she gets home from work.
I once ordered a used book from Amazon which arrived less than 12 hours later!
The seller happened to be on a course in my home town, 60 miles from where he lived, and he dropped it off on way in.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Watching Sophie Ellis-Bextor in her now weekly kitchen disco on Instagram. I'm besotted still by her (don't tell my wife).

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
Reaction score
Packing some clothes for when the charity shops reopen and getting ridiculously sentimental about some of them.

Kind-of wishing I had enough space to do a Jimmy Page (he has apparently kept every item of clothing he has owned in his adult life).

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Just back from dropping my car off at the garage (brakes). Took an hour walk to get from 'Tyred & Exhausted' to the Bus Station via Tesco and a half mile detour after missing a turn. Hot and sticky and at the front door when I realise my house key was with the car keys I left at the garage.
A burst of elation on finding a spare key in a trouser pocket.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Putting leather dressing on an old, neglected pair of work gloves my wife found while tidying the garage.

The simple pleasures of the poor, eh?

maximus otter

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Just back from picking up my car from the garage - both rear brake pads were "just in time" ie metal on metal and the reason why the driver brake was squealing was because the passenger side had seized, so the other had to do all the work. New discs and pads + labour came to £300. Only done a couple of hundred miles since the MOT and none during lock-down. No more squeal though.

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Steaming through a box of the mixed Ferraro Rocher. I do like them but the little balls fall off the black ones and the coconut off the white ones. Makes hell of a mess in the bed. Luckily the wife is with me so she can’t complain.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
We're sitting out, looking at the stars, boozing, lighting candles, listening to classic rock, admiring the moon, hearing the rustle of the leaves in a cool breeze, SNORRRRRE, think it's Techy's bedtime!