What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
I was messaging my youngest. As she shares the family fascination with skeletons I have ordered a full-sized one for her, a teaching model. It's a surprise and is arriving today.

So now I need some bone-related puns to send to her. I've come up with 'Not cycling today as it's raining, tibia honest I don't fancy getting soaked!' which isn't top quality.

Come on you lot, I'm coming across as a bonehead! ;)
Humerus.jpg

Coypu

Um 121 The element of confusion.....298.17
Reaction score
Taking a pineapple upside-down cake out of the oven. I'll go back in a minute and turn it out.
I've also set a syrup pudding to steam for the rest of the day and made Techy one of those breakfast-in-a-Yorkshire -pudding-with-a-fried-egg-on-top doings.

Little breather now, then back to the cooking. Dunno what's next, could be a fish pie with the massive monkfish I picked up in the week at £1-odd down from £23-odd or some crumpets using my new crumpet rings.

Used to have a nice Krupps cake mixer which eventually died of exhaustion. Current mixer is a hand whisk. I'll have muscles like Popeye.
Putting Monk fish in a pie is crinimal, it should just be threatened with heat until it loses it's transparency, and if you really must coated in a very light lime and coconut sauce. :dinner::)

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Now let me get this straight - you put the lime in the coconut .. ?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Putting Monk fish in a pie is crinimal, it should just be threatened with heat until it loses it's transparency, and if you really must coated in a very light lime and coconut sauce. :dinner::)
Here's the fish, all boned and filleted -

Monkfish.jpg

WHAT a bargain!
It's currently in the freezer.

I have a disabled friend who loves fish pies as they are easy to eat. This will make two sumptuous pies.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
I was messaging my youngest. As she shares the family fascination with skeletons I have ordered a full-sized one for her, a teaching model. It's a surprise and is arriving today.

So now I need some bone-related puns to send to her. I've come up with 'Not cycling today as it's raining, tibia honest I don't fancy getting soaked!' which isn't top quality.

Come on you lot, I'm coming across as a bonehead! ;)
trombone.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Made a huge fish pie for export and a regular one for Techy. Monkfish in sauce with tinned tuna, frozen peas and fresh mushrooms.
The big one and a large syrup pudding are off to feed my greedy friend in a bit.

Coypu

Um 121 The element of confusion.....298.17
Reaction score

View attachment 27374

WHAT a bargain!

I have a disabled friend who loves fish pies as they are easy to eat. This will make two sumptuous pies.
Looking at that has left me with a semi..:)

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
alas....

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Checking out the gigantic manual for my new car. I'll only ever read what I need to know.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Sitting out, boozing, playing rock music on Absolute, discussing which artistes are dead and of what cause.
Is Absolute the radio equivalent of Dad's Army? "He's dead... he's dead... he's dead... nope, still alive..."

Cochise

Never give up, never surrender
Reaction score
I notice I woke up at 3:33 I have a sudden passion for toast and honey.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score

View attachment 27374

WHAT a bargain!

I used to do the fish markdowns for a well known supermarket about 5 or 6 years ago. Technically I was allowed to buy stuff myself that I'd marked down but as others were sometimes playing the system and getting fired I decided against doing that .. what you'd do instead was to get a work colleague to mark it down for you in case a manager got curious ...

One naughty thing I did sometimes do .... I had a couple of mates who were on benefits so out of work and skint, they came to my counter one day and were looking for the cheapest fish I had which was sprats ... I told them "If you want sprats, I'll sell you sprats .. but have you ever tried these scallops .. they're expensive though?" .. they hadn't so I chucked 4 large ones in a bag you can't see through, weighed them falsely as sprats which came to something like 67p, heat sealed the bag and printed off and stuck a sprats label on the bag. I didn't do that for anyone else and they never came begging to me. Instant sackable offence if you get caught doing that obviously.

NSFW .. bad language

Last edited: