What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
Watching Peppa Pig whilst sorting out laundry - that Daddy Pig, what a twat !
Richard D Hall has a theory why this is “Another viewer explained why the seemingly innocent programme "Peppa Pig" was damaging his relationship with his 3 year old daughter. Is this an accident - we don't think so. Our advice is to throw your television set out of the window.” Basically daddy pig is the way he is to destabilise traditional families!

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Five minutes ago I was putting the corned beef/silverside on to cook. I love corned beef!
We have clearly been created as symbiotic beings.

Although my genetics do not contain the culinary expertise you possess, this is my preperation for an experimental Sunday lunch, with prominent garlic seasoning courtesy of Chef Knorr.

IMG_20200802_100905_resize_5.jpg

If successful, or indeed even remotely so, I shall name the dish appropriately. It must sound Italian, yet evince its Scottish peasant origins. :)

Suggestions are welcome! :thought:

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just back from another walk with the dogs. This time we went to where we shoot during the pheasant season. Had a run in with a very angry man who happened to be our new game keeper. Not the best of starts.
0038088D-AEE9-4E7E-B944-FEBE2AB4CD8C.jpeg

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Just back from another walk with the dogs. This time we went to where we shoot during the pheasant season. Had a run in with a very angry man who happened to be our new game keeper. Not the best of starts.
View attachment 28527
Why was he angry? It's not like you were out hunting off-season.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Why was he angry? It's not like you were out hunting off-season.
I believe he may have anger issues. We were only walking the dogs along a hedgerow in a field that has just been cropped. He drove across the field at some speed to confront us then berated us through the car window. He backed off when I let him know that we knew he he was and we have been guns on that land for about 10 years.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
I believe he may have anger issues. We were only walking the dogs along a hedgerow in a field that has just been cropped. He drove across the field at some speed to confront us then berated us through the car window. He backed off when I let him know that we knew he he was and we have been guns on that land for about 10 years.
I guess his main concern was dogs in the locality of nesting birds (pheasants?) or something like that. Since you explained that you were savvy about hunting, he probably let it go.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Watching Peppa Pig whilst sorting out laundry - that Daddy Pig, what a twat !
What a splendid reminder of the countless, precious hours spent playing with my granddaughter, a couple of years back.

The Peppa castle, the school play set with those desks and tiny chairs, the train set, the picnic, campervan and hours online looking for that rare early figure, no longer produced, coming up for sale on eBay.

It actually became an obsession and we were paying crazy prices - around £30 for Zoe Zebra!

Mad when you think back now....

I must have watched every episode of Peppa Pig at least half a dozen times and my favourite has to be the one where Daddy Pig is alone, tries to surprise everyone by hanging up a new picture and only succeeds in half demolishing the wall! :D

Thank you so much!

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Five minutes previous, I eventually managed to finalise an acceptable photographic composition, evidencing a coincidence of personal note.

Background:

- recently sorting through and filling, archive family photographs

- therein is this photograph of my granddaughter, taken a few years back...

Screenshot_20200802_132501_compress28.jpg

- I realised this particular picture reminded myself of another photograph I had definitely seen somewhere

- I couldn't resolve same

- yesterday, son and myself were discussing his increasing interest in the paranormal

- he brought up the subject of our classic Cumberland Spaceman photograph, a case he had recently seen featured in an online documentary

- I explained what I knew about the history and possible explanations

Last night, I was musing over this and then suddenly, something 'clicked'.

These are both photographs compared.

'Mystery' solved - just seems so bizarre that if he hadn't mentioned the enigmatic original photograph yesterday, I would probably never have made the connection why the photograph of his own daughter was reminiscent.

Am I potentially overly imaging the similarity?

Screenshot_20200802_040856_compress98.jpg

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
We have clearly been created as symbiotic beings.

Although my genetics do not contain the culinary expertise you possess, this is my preperation for an experimental Sunday lunch, with prominent garlic seasoning courtesy of Chef Knorr.

View attachment 28524

If successful, or indeed even remotely so, I shall name the dish appropriately. It must sound Italian, yet evince its Scottish peasant origins. :)

Suggestions are welcome! :thought:
Google translate suggests "Carne in scatola del poveros" which is the translated version of "poor mans corned beef."

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I guess his main concern was dogs in the locality of nesting birds (pheasants?) or something like that. Since you explained that you were savvy about hunting, he probably let it go.
He phoned the shoot captain to have a moan. I explained what had happened and I hope that will be the end of the matter. My concern is that with the bad press that blood sports attract, a member of the public may have taken offence to the guys attitude which could have resulted in us attracting unnecessary Bad publicity.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
He phoned the shoot captain to have a moan. I explained what had happened and I hope that will be the end of the matter. My concern is that with the bad press that blood sports attract, a member of the public may have taken offence to the guys attitude which could have resulted in us attracting unnecessary Bad publicity.
What was his beef? If you were on a public footpath you're perfectly entitled to be there. If not you're probably trespassing under the law. Maybe that was it..

If so, keep to public footpaths in future & he's got no cause to get shouty.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
If I might stay with this thread for a moment, aside from which I don't know where else the following conceivably belongs.

Five minutes ago, I finally finished writing this...

Something 'strange' happened last night.

I had left my mobile phone aside and when returned, discovered a live YouTube broadcast.

Fair enough, I was possibly on YouTube beforehand, however, it would only have been in relation to music videos.

Instead, this was running...

Screenshot_20200802_160128_compress59.jpg

Eventually figured out I had somehow, inadvertently been connected to...

Screenshot_20200802_142144_compress97.jpg

I must have been sufficiently bewildered to send a message, hoping it might be captured in a quick screenshot.

Screenshot_20200802_161032_compress52.jpg

Success... although in hindsight, I must momentarily have been uncertain to whom and where it was being sent and thought perhaps the crew themselves were in a live chat... 'Greetings from Scotland, Earth'...

Presumably not so and chat hosting was at broadcast HQ.

There remains, however, a miniscule doubt in my mind, because I still don't really understand what freakin' well happened - next moment the connection was lost and I couldn't find any trace again - not that I had ever been looking for it in the first place.

OK... I'm going to tentatively ask this question on the understanding I reserve the right to deny same, in case it's that plain stupid.

Last night, did I send a message to outer space?

Yours sincerely,

James (age 10).

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
What was his beef? If you were on a public footpath you're perfectly entitled to be there. If not you're probably trespassing under the law. Maybe that was it..

If so, keep to public footpaths in future & he's got no cause to get shouty.
The trespass laws are nigh on non existent. You will never get arrested for trespass on farm land...unless you damage something. But given we were walking over land where our dogs will be working, beating, flushing, retrieving makes the gamekeeper look a bit dopey.

Sid

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I was just looking up a holiday destination in Scotland for a friend who may be going there.
Had a look online at the destination, and found 'The Old Post Office' near a place called Lochbuie, on the Isle of Mull.
They had a sign on the side of the P.Office/Shoppe... i.e.
Annotation 2020-08-02 194212.jpg
1596396018555.png

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
I was just looking up a holiday destination in Scotland for a friend who may be going there.
Had a look online at the destination, and found 'The Old Post Office' near a place called Lochbuie, on the Isle of Mull.
They had a sign on the side of the P.Office/Shoppe... i.e.
View attachment 28560 View attachment 28561
Pace of life there must be sloooooowww.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
The trespass laws are nigh on non existent. You will never get arrested for trespass on farm land...unless you damage something. But given we were walking over land where our dogs will be working, beating, flushing, retrieving makes the gamekeeper look a bit dopey.
I'm none the wiser as to what was his complaint.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Thanking Ghod for the "negative" on my Covid 19 test.
That is tremendous news, thank you for sharing!

I found the sentiment contained within your brief sentence so powerfully palpable.

It brought to mind a phrase I haven't heard for ages and had a quick double-check to make sure I understood it correctly - there are at least a couple of variations, to, 'breathe' or 'heave', etc.

For some, 'strange' reason (I noticed your 'fresh blood' profile and you will become familiar with weird around here) my straightforward query resulted in the following screen appearance.

If there is actually anything meaningful to yourself re a Hindu association, please do let us know.

If nothing else, a wee keepsake!

After all, it's no small life changing matter when you have been... well, 'spared' essentially. :p

Screenshot_20200802_225823_compress29.jpg

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Google translate suggests "Carne in scatola del poveros" which is the translated version of "poor mans corned beef."
This was a perfect opportunity for finally trying out a graphics app, download months back.

I can now teach my granddaughter how to use same!

I would certainly recommend Lumii for Android users - the basic version is a free download, with their Pro upgrade available at small cost.

Duly inspired by your suggestion, I was thinking about future marketing and maybe something along the lines of this:

IMG_20200803_120833_resize_42.jpg