What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
How very gallant. :chuckle: *

Reminds me of when I was trying to dig up the horrific crazy paving that used to cover one side of our garden.

After a whole day I'd loosened and dragged up about a fifth of it with the shovel. Techy came home and watched for a bit, then said 'That's FAR too strenuous, here!' and pulled out his wallet.

I thought 'Woohoo, money, I can get a man in to do it!' :D

He handed over £20. 'What you need is pickaxe so you can really get under the slabs!'

:mad:

*Only joking. I love decorating but moving everything is a faff.
She's having a lovely time :) .. radio blaring out Jackie Wilson, paint on her arse, the full works ..

Swifty

Reaction score
I see you've been...helping.

View attachment 31654
I did that to a girl at college once, her boyfriend was a bit cross about it at first but we all became friends later on :) (fun fact about him .. he had a blonde bowl haircut that was pretty unique, he used to be mates with the 90's Tamworth indie band Birdland and they all nicked his haircut when they became famous). She had a cool name .. Ellie Valentine.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Birdland were on the Top of the Pops repeats a couple of weeks ago! Expected to be huge, they were a damp squib (maybe releasing a cover of a Patti Smith song with a racist title as a single wasn't such a great idea).

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
Birdland were on the Top of the Pops repeats a couple of weeks ago! Expected to be huge, they were a damp squib (maybe releasing a cover of a Patti Smith song with a racist title as a single wasn't such a great idea).
I loved Hollow Heart, but after that kind of lost interest.

My girlfriend at the time worked for our student union's entertainment office. When Birdland visited and I asked how they'd been, her response was something along the lines of: "Aw bless - great single, pretty boys, but they're going nowhere without a new manager". (She herself went on the manage Ash for a while, amongst others - but that was after my time.)

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
just got home from work to find a letter from my bank, have a new card, your old one may have been used fraudulently, it has not, I guess the banks computers flagged up all my uber eats and just eat orders as well suspicious.

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Finally managed to remove Discord completely from my laptop.

I used to quite like Discord years ago on my iPad, when I found it a useful and fun repository for gaming chat.

After trying it recently on Windows 10, I was dismayed to see what a monster it has become, full of horrible bloatware and with its tentacles delving maliciously into all your nooks and crannies. After yet another Javascript error popped up, I'd had enough and wanted shot of the damn thing.

Simply using Control Panel to uninstall Discord barely scratches the surface. I had to run as an administrator and do some serious digging through both local and roaming profiles, with the view settings set to display hidden files, before I could identify every last crumb of its miserable existence and blow them away one by one.

I can now reboot without errors popping up and my virus and malware checker have given my system a clean bill of health.

Will sleep more soundly tonight.

Schrodinger's Zebra

looking for cracks in the pavement.
Reaction score
Finally managed to remove Discord completely from my laptop.

I used to quite like Discord years ago on my iPad, when I found it a useful and fun repository for gaming chat.

After trying it recently on Windows 10, I was dismayed to see what a monster it has become, full of horrible bloatware and with its tentacles delving maliciously into all your nooks and crannies. After yet another Javascript error popped up, I'd had enough and wanted shot of the damn thing.

Simply using Control Panel to uninstall Discord barely scratches the surface. I had to run as an administrator and do some serious digging through both local and roaming profiles, with the view settings set to display hidden files, before I could identify every last crumb of its miserable existence and blow them away one by one.

I can now reboot without errors popping up and my virus and malware checker have given my system a clean bill of health.

Will sleep more soundly tonight.

CCleaner (https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner)
is a very useful tool for cleaning up leftover whatsits (or the last crumbs of their miserable existence! :hahazebs: ) from uninstalled programs, as well as cleaning up other stuff to make it run a bit faster. It also allows you a bit more control over startup programs etc. We've used it for several years and there should still be a free version which is the one we use,.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Trimming back some of the rampant geraniums and filling up the garden bin to be collected today.
Honestly I have to carefully nurture most geraniums and pelagoniums but this one wants to rule the garden.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Thinking that the rain I could hear would cool things down after a day of 40 degrees C, but the rain has stopped just as it started and now I am annoyed...

Swifty

Reaction score
I loved Hollow Heart, but after that kind of lost interest.

My girlfriend at the time worked for our student union's entertainment office. When Birdland visited and I asked how they'd been, her response was something along the lines of: "Aw bless - great single, pretty boys, but they're going nowhere without a new manager". (She herself went on the manage Ash for a while, amongst others - but that was after my time.)
They used to dink in the same pub in Tamworth that we did. Tamworth kept bands that had been signed up in check of their egos at the time so when they strutted in one night pouting at everyone, they were completely ignored. Once they'd dropped that crap, they were actually good blokes. They used to hang around with my friend's band, King Woderick and the Yogurts and they'd all drop acid. The drummer in my friend's band was called Gonk, his claim to fame was that he'd fucked a goat (with witnesses including some of Birdland) and for some reason, no one thought any less of him for doing that.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I've already moved into your spare room, and what on Earth have you hidden away at the back of the wardrobe?!
Oh that? That's a Wacom Cintiq. And an old computer.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Catching up on the Graham Norton Show, and processing how I feel about a beardless Romesh Ranganathan

Schrodinger's Zebra

looking for cracks in the pavement.
Reaction score
Downloading some Duran Duran photos to add to my (ever growing) collection. (I like saving photos of my favourite bands).

Anyway, just came across this one:
1606680838889.png

And I thought to myself I've seen that wallpaper somewhere before, and I know where.

A quick look through my Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark photo collection, et voila:
1606680900993.png

:joyf:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Heaving a sigh of relief - after two days of 40 degrees C, there is now a cool Southerly change - I hate hot weather!
The BBC news reported today that Sydney has had its hottest-ever overnight temperature. o_O

CarlosTheDJ

Sio Bibble
Reaction score
Finding out that this guy has a name and he's older than me.

baby-yoda-is-grogu-1068x712.jpg

skinny

TIT
Reaction score
Downloading some Duran Duran photos to add to my (ever growing) collection. (I like saving photos of my favourite bands).

Anyway, just came across this one:
1606680838889.png
When I were 13 we used to call "hitline" on our local radio station 5RM. You know the drill, "Please play Power of Love by Frankie Goes To Hollywood and I'd like to dedicate it to my girlfriend, Sharon" who wasn't but I had a crush and she biffed me the next day at school for my audacity. Aaanyway, a regular / nightly caller was a girl calling herself John Taylor's Bass Guitar, which I thought was a cool avatar in the analogue days and I imagined she must be some smoking hot babe with loads of friends and who went to parties. Only years later was it revealed that she was my best friend's older sister, Tracy Dohnt, who was nice, quiet and very plain just like the rest of us. True story.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Digging out some of the soil from the worm farm so I could fit some more peelings in.