• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
My Father in law's just had a suspected stroke/TIA so he's been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich hospital by the paramedics. He's also recently been diagnosed with dementia so I'm making him a sandwich to take with us because we're driving to Norwich to collect him later and he probably won't have had anything to eat .. and a can of Pepsi and a Twix and whatever else I can tempt him with. We've got enough petrol.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
My Father in law's just had a suspected stroke/TIA so he's been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich hospital by the paramedics. He's also recently been diagnosed with dementia so I'm making him a sandwich to take with us because we're driving to Norwich to collect him later and he probably won't have had anything to eat .. and a can of Pepsi and a Twix and whatever else I can tempt him with. We've got enough petrol.
Sorry to hear that Swifty, hope he will be OK.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Hope all goes well. I bet he'll enjoy the treats!
The HCA told us he was in high spirits and we thanked her for looking after him. He was clearly being 'strong' for the girls but confessed to me he wouldn't want to eat anything until he'd had a coffee. I joked I was taking him to one of those illegal raves now because he was going to be the DJ tonight which he agreed to. His wife took the sandwich for him for laters, she said he would want the other stuff. He twiddled with his hearing aid a bit when we got him back home and said thank you. I told him "You're a hard man to finish off Peter" .. the Mother in law is worried in case he has a fall in the night, I asked her to make him a coffee. I've told her to phone us in case of any drama but he looks OK thanks.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Throwing most of a bottle of wine down the sink. I bought it today at a reduced price.
Now I know why it was reduced - it was as sour as heck.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Watching Battle In Outer Space.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Awarding Mr. Rat the star prize for trespassing in our garden:

maximus otter

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
A former colleague is interested in railway history so I was photographing my old town maps and sending him snaps.

When I was a child my neighbourhood was being demolished. Photography was still a rich man's hobby.
I used to wish I could take pictures of all the streets and shops, and even the people, to show to those who would come later and surely be interested in how we'd lived.

As usual I was told I was daft and as usual I was right.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Watching 'Upgrade'. I couldn't recognise any actor, but it's an excellent film. Quality of acting is good, it's all pretty believable.
It depicts a dark future for AI.
A recommended film to watch.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The Order Of Dinobot and Saint Tigerhawk are praying for a good outcome.
e5dbc0e52671cc899e2b06e9b97a8997.jpg

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Assisting a second garden rat on its journey to a better place.

Hopefully, depredation on our hedgehog/blackbird food will now cease.

maximus otter

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Assisting a second garden rat on its journey to a better place.

Hopefully, depredation on our hedgehog/blackbird food will now cease.

maximus otter
Ensure that a hungry owl gets a tasty meal this evening.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Ensure that a hungry owl gets a tasty meal this evening.
l wish!

l have just got back in from seeing a third **** ing rat, and resetting the trap.

l can assure my reader that l live in a lovely, clean, modern house on a nice private estate, not in a penny hang in Dorset Street, Spitalfields in 1888...

maximus otter

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
l wish!

l have just got back in from seeing a third **** ing rat, and resetting the trap.

l can assure my reader that l live in a lovely, clean, modern house on a nice private estate, not in a penny hang in Dorset Street, Spitalfields in 1888...

maximus otter
That's what you want us to believe, but you're actually a wretched Dickensian character, aren't you?
bc4f005c35ce50d7237f6dc35ac36ca3.gif

Sie

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Eating a packet of Pom-Bears.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Talking to my Mum on the phone.
It's hard work finding something to talk about with the old dear. I go to work, do a full day, then flop down when I get in. Nothing interesting happens in my normal day.