What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I went down to one of the houses down my court.
I had found a pet rabbit with it's throat ripped out in my front garden and thought it was theirs as I'd previously seen a couple of rabbits running around and the boy coming to collect one a bit further down.
I tried to explain to the woman who came to the door but she had very little English so she got her husband.
He had a little English and I said that I would bury it but he came down and took it back with him.
I think it must have been either a feral cat or a fox.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Considering whether to learn Aramaic.
Got to be more worthwhile than Elvish or Klingon (even in the Galilean dialect). Anyone know how difficult hieroglyphs are - I mean they surely have to be translated into another language before they can be translated into English ?

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Got to be more worthwhile than Elvish or Klingon (even in the Galilean dialect). Anyone know how difficult hieroglyphs are - I mean they surely have to be translated into another language before they can be translated into English ?
It doesnt help that each one has multiple meanings but so do English words so...

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
Looking at this web site....one of the oddest places I have ever seen online...I think I posted this link before but every now and then I go there to read about various esoteric things . Click on any red dot node to enter a page domain. If you click on the node link way down at bottom right on just about any page it takes you to a moving vortex thing.(you might have to click on a very tine little red dot on the bottom middle.)
https://fusionanomaly.net/nodebase.html

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Laughing at Techy trying to restart my tetchy old Macbook - 'Time to try the four-fingered salute!`
:chuckle:

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Eating garlic bread flavoured chips/crisps.
garlic-bread.jpg

Last edited:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Just returned from getting my Covid jab.
If family accounts are anything to go by, the shivers and headache should kick in around 17:00.
Hope it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the rugby!
I was fine for a full 24 hours and then frankly shite for a full two days after that. Good luck! :chuckle:
(Not complaining, it means my immune system is working.)

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I was fine for a full 24 hours and then frankly shite for a full two days after that. Good luck! :chuckle:
(Not complaining, it means my immune system is working.)
Well I intend to have a few beers tonight, so may confuse the vaccination effect with a hangover!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Well I intend to have a few beers tonight, so may confuse the vaccination effect with a hangover!
All good! Mine was midday on Saturday so I had a nice gin or three that evening. Didn't feel much like celebrating for a good few days after!

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just returned from getting my Covid jab.
If family accounts are anything to go by, the shivers and headache should kick in around 17:00.
Hope it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the rugby!
I get the shivers and headache just thinking about rugby. And not in a good way!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I was looking at the current Amazon offers. They seem to think I have a foot fetish - fluffy slippers, fluffy slippers, men's slippers, insoles, chocolates, fluffy slippers, Thin Feet, insoles, vitamin D, leather belt...

Wait, what? Thin Feet?

It's actually Thin Feel. That's Durex Thin Feel. To go with my chocolates and fluffy slippers. :chuckle:

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Got on the forum and instead of clicking on 'What's new', I looked at the threads under General Forteana on the home page. These threads had been started in 2001-2002 (and many ended after half a page) but there were still posters I recognise. Fascinating topics (eg the strangest thing you've woken up with) but this place is too damn big to ever catch up with the back-posts.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Got on the forum and instead of clicking on 'What's new', I looked at the threads under General Forteana on the home page. These threads had been started in 2001-2002 (and many ended after half a page) but there were still posters I recognise. Fascinating topics (eg the strangest thing you've woken up with) but this place is too damn big to ever catch up with the back-posts.
It is the size that counts.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Ordering a printer/scanner/copier. God bless Amazon.

maximus otter

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Just finished my first ever shave using a straight (aka cut-throat) razor.
Happy to report that my face feels nice and smooth and I only have one minor nick to dab at with a tissue!

Last edited:

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Ooh, maybe I'll get some delayed reaction to my jab! It's now twenty seven hours later and still nothing. So I'm eating cheese puffs dipped in humus. Which is negating the point of the cheese flavouring on the cheese puffs, but they make a very nice vehicle for transferring the garlicky deliciousness into my gob, so I'm ignoring that.

Tunn11

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Clearing wet, muddy food wrappers off my drive and lane outside the house. We live in a fairly rural area so it is only down to morons on two and four wheels chucking it about. As far as I'm concerned anyone caught littering should have the items they've discarded shoved forcibly up their bums with a splintery broom handle. And if they've chucked a mattress they don't get the option of instalments!

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just back from posting two parcels – eBay sales. So far that makes seven sales in my month or so flogging stuff off on eBay. But that represents £200 or so for things I mainly picked up free. That said, this should make the house tidier, but if anything it's worse than ever! Boxes everywhere. Cycling kit everywhere. Books everywhere. And as I'm actually busy with freelance work until April 12 or so, that's going to be the case for a while.

The only annoyance was somebody who bought a pair of shoes and then backed out as they were the wrong size - the size was clearly stated in the listing headline!

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
I'm having a book release party, celebrating my new book, by myself. Well, the dog is here too, but mostly it's me. So I've just got a Charlie the Caterpillar cake out of the cupboard and am preparing to cut his face off.