• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I'm having a book release party, celebrating my new book, by myself. Well, the dog is here too, but mostly it's me. So I've just got a Charlie the Caterpillar cake out of the cupboard and am preparing to cut his face off.

Congratulations! :cool:

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I'm having a book release party, celebrating my new book, by myself. Well, the dog is here too, but mostly it's me. So I've just got a Charlie the Caterpillar cake out of the cupboard and am preparing to cut his face off.
Congratulations! Time to party!
1_RS_TEM_ButlersintheBuffJPG.jpg

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
A neighbour bought round some old vinyl to look through for him. Among the dross (Jim Reeves, K-Tel, the usual) he had 5 mono Beatles including Please Please Me. All pristine surfaces with zero spindle wear on labels, sleeves were typical 50 year old card board. Reckon the Please Please Me in that nick is a 100 quid job. Shame it wasnt the gold parlaphone ... The others were 25-30 each so a nice £200 or so.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
With all these pictures of topless men being posted, I really think we should be allowed to post pictures of topless women.
You know, in the interests of balance, etc.
OK - you first.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
With all these pictures of topless men being posted, I really think we should be allowed to post pictures of topless women.
You know, in the interests of balance, etc.
Find your own topless women, for balance...:reyes::reyes:

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Cake for breakfast! Breakfast of kings (and Queens :D )

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
You are so right, especially where addictions are concerned.
Oh indeed...my ex-wife can tell you that from personal experience sadly...

However, negative emotions and past trauma can also act like addictions can't they...people get hooked on them...and however much love you give them, it probably isn't enough...to help them change...

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Oh indeed...my ex-wife can tell you that from personal experience sadly...

However, negative emotions and past trauma can also act like addictions can't they...people get hooked on them...and however much love you give them, it probably isn't enough...to help them change...
And some people are just shits who've never learned how to treat people nicely and, however much you may love them, they will carry on behaving the way that serves them best.

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
And some people are just shits who've never learned how to treat people nicely and, however much you may love them, they will carry on behaving the way that serves them best.
Yes. I agree. I have always known this. But what has amazed me is, sometimes, people who have been treated so badly for so long, do not actually react that well to it.

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
It's as if they think 'If I KNOW he's a shit I won't get any nasty surprises!'
Yep, and if you've been told you're worthless all your life, someone actually treating you as having worth and value is alarming. We all have a hard time dealing with unfamiliar stuff.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Yep, and if you've been told you're worthless all your life, someone actually treating you as having worth and value is alarming. We all have a hard time dealing with unfamiliar stuff.
Again, so true.

I've had friends who did appalling things to themselves and others and I've wondered Why the FUCK would you do THAT? Especially to ME? and run a mile, then found out later something that explained it all.

Makes me want to go round, shake them and say Why the FUCK etc but it'd get me nowhere.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Just filled out my census, because I know I'll be here on my own on the 21st and I reckon the servers may crash on that day.
My Mum just received her paper form today, but she got my sis to do it online yesterday as it was taking a bit of time to be delivered.