What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

skinny

TIT
Reaction score
Militarising the spirit domain around my parents’ house. My dear protestant minister Da nearly had his arm taken off by a devil dog a few weeks ago just downstream of where I just worked the path. He was in hospital for three nights. Thank fuck they saw off the Alsatian infection. The prick who walked the mutt tried a runner but an angel intervened. Retired cop chased him down. We reported it. He won’t be takng rover anywhere soon without a muzzle. If I see the cnt I will render it to the heart. That is unspoken.

An also of darkness... one of my great pals, no less than the lead singer rin our 90z rock band, was killed by a vehicle deviating into the oncoming freeway. Poor DD, the righteous biker, was taken out instantly. RIP Davo

Thus, I am charging our vicinity against the evil we are going thru. I feel diminished. Butwhatevs I got left n my tank will be tasked to protecting my lovely fam. ^ SUNNOOOO)))))))))

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Sorting through books/DVDs to take to the charity shop in the morning. Hopefully I don't walk out with more than I am taking in!
Bought fourteen plates (five dinner plates, five bread ands butter plates and four soup bowls) for the rich sum of $10, and a book for $2. I had taken in three bags of books/DVDs to donate.
s-l225.jpg

skinny

TIT
Reaction score
Hi Scargs.

just to share, I now work retail. I have been a public servant for all of this century. Nutters were always a liability. But wtf is now?

At the end of trading, I was clearing the aisles of consumers. I met himself. He’s not angry at me, but he’s told Tony at the door how another customer nudged his person at the travelator and how that just makes him get his back up and what the hell is wrong with people?! I am 48! I was raised in a wealthy family! I went to Prince Alfred College and, I’m not angry at you, this fucken shit just-brushed me and things are bad but I deserve respect and ....

At this point I just agree he’s hard done by. I retreat rapidly. I resist the urge to run. I just walk away hard. I get that now a lot of people are nuts. I fall into routine and forget the madness n this poor cunt’s eyes. He’s bugged out, and he goes public to disperse his mania. I fear it, this thing I see.

Time is come to militarise against the rise of the nutter. They are uncontained. I reserve the right to arm my person. They will spilll. I will be ready.

So much madness. What has become of society? I feel his desperation yet at no point have I ever felt the need to accost an innocent bystander in an intense rant.

Am I alone?

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Local elections for me too - and a second ballot paper for Police Commissioner or summat. Would have thought anyone called Gordon would be a shoo-in.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Local elections for me too - and a second ballot paper for Police Commissioner or summat. Would have thought anyone called Gordon would be a shoo-in.
You are lucky, we had three ballot papers cant remember what the third was for lol

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
I found a GF chocolate-chip cookie mix in the cupboard. Yup, I had bought it, accidentally, thinking there were real cookies within!

High time to use it - about 18 months after the sell-by date. Nothing much to go wrong. Just needed a bit of oil and an egg.

I am certainly not faffing with their effing star-template, which you have to cut out of the box. I'm going to sugar them all-over and roll in the rest!

I've left them to settle, before the oven. I'm quite impressed by the full-on chocolate taste of the dough! :)

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Today, whilst browsing the biscuit aisle, I found we now stock TUC sandwich biscuits! Ooooh, I love those...

I've just finished eating two. I dunno what they've replaced what with, but they are essentially tasteless now. Where has the cheesy stuff that was so strong/salty that it stung gone? It's now just basically yellow goo.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Today, whilst browsing the biscuit aisle, I found we now stock TUC sandwich biscuits! Ooooh, I love those...

I've just finished eating two. I dunno what they've replaced what with, but they are essentially tasteless now. Where has the cheesy stuff that was so strong/salty that it stung gone? It's now just basically yellow goo.
Everything is going like that now. Eventually all pre-packaged food will become tasteless, just before a grim-faced Soviet-style leader is ushered into power. At least they can't spoil Marmite!

Or can they...?

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score

All that salt and flavour was bad for you, Production Unit T8535795b. Or do we detect the first stirrings of Wrongthink?

:dsist:

maximus otter

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
All that salt and flavour was bad for you, Production Unit T8535795b. Or do we detect the first stirrings of Wrongthink?

:dsist:

If they're making food healthier, why are so many people still dying of heart attacks and strokes? What good is it doing? Are the afflicted just finding ways around the health?

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Stripping, cleaning, oiling & reassembling the bolt on my main stalking rifle. What a faff.

maximus otter

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
If they're making food healthier, why are so many people still dying of heart attacks and strokes? What good is it doing? Are the afflicted just finding ways around the health?

a) Everybody dies.

b) Average life expectancy is rocketing.

c) My recollection is that human life span is “designed to be” about 40 years.
Once we get beyond that, we start suffering from things that were virtually unknown until about 200 years (or less) ago; the degenerative issues i
that accompany keeping an old machine limping along, using baling twine and duct tape.

lt’s a fashionable modern conceit that there is some combination of self-denials and mortifications that will ensure immortality: there isn’t. The death rate is the same as it’s always been: one per person.

maximus otter

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Yes. They die 'with' death and not 'of' death apparently these days.

Heresy! Heresy against the Church of We’re All Going To Die!

l hereby sentence you to wear a mask for a period of not less than ten “30 days to save the NHS”; or until the heat death of the universe, whichever comes first.

maximus otter

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just back from voting, yes I do realise they are all probably incompetent and/or corrupt but I always get a thrill when I scratch my mark against MY chosen corrupt incompetent.
Yep, did the same with the same general sense of dissatisfaction - I have voted every occasion I have been able to do so, and wish it was compulsory in the UK, as it is in Australia. You can always go in and spoil your ballot paper!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
The second. You can't make people eat healthily or drink in moderation.