What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
It was fantastic. A few years ago I mentioned in work how much I liked them, and one of my colleagues brought me one the next day. I am lucky to work with some really lovely people.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
Just being with the planet that’s having me. New spot to sit around out in the bush. Waves of large parrots and cockatoos announcing them across the way there. A tribe of wee birds n the tree above me flittering and chittering. Cant get camera to work ffs. Anyway I could die happy right. Now.
Do stick with us.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Checking lottery numbers : did not get the £111,000,000 UK win on Euromillions, but a modest £5 0n Set for Life and a pleasing 3 x £25 on Premium Bonds. Still a way to go to offset the two bike bills from last month (£240 for Service and brakes and £260 for clutch and belt).

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Logged onto forum and looked at some of the threads from 2002-3 that popped up before I hit 'What's new':
The Music of DNA, Female Ejaculation, Male Nipples, Fingering People, Cost of STD, Male Breastfeeding, Sperm, Unnatural and unusual Penis enlargement attempts, Suicide bombing can spread disease, (not bumping any of those) - and a prediction from April 5th 2002 that "2022 AD will still find us using petrol and catching colds". I am aware there is some disquiet at the increase of 'Chat' on the forum, but I can't really say there has been a decrease in Fortean content over the past 20 years.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Putting the garbage bin out for collection. Before that, watching The Face Of Fu Manchu.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Was he behind the net curtains waiting to to see if you mixed Green with Non-recyclables ?
It's not the week for the recycling and the green waste goes into the compost bin for use in the garden...:)

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Logged onto forum and looked at some of the threads from 2002-3 that popped up before I hit 'What's new':
The Music of DNA, Female Ejaculation, Male Nipples, Fingering People, Cost of STD, Male Breastfeeding, Sperm, Unnatural and unusual Penis enlargement attempts, Suicide bombing can spread disease, (not bumping any of those) - and a prediction from April 5th 2002 that "2022 AD will still find us using petrol and catching colds". I am aware there is some disquiet at the increase of 'Chat' on the forum, but I can't really say there has been a decrease in Fortean content over the past 20 years.
Most of those are about me.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I was watching Techy water the garden and wondering when it'd be my turn for a soaking.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I was watching Techy water the garden and wondering when it'd be my turn for a soaking.
You really must tell him to stop peeing in the garden!

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Well only on the compost heap as an activator. Easier for you men as you have a handy little weeing hose!

Sollywos x
A Super Soaker, in some circles...
EnchantedBadCollardlizard-max-1mb.gif

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Reaction score
Saying WTAF and OMG!

I have 3 keyboards that I swap in and out. The one in question I've had at least 18 months.

It's black. With black keys and standard white labels. One of my favourites.

I was typing looking at the screen and glanced down.

WTAF OMG WTAF OMG

1623361586445.png

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Arghhhh!

Maybe I was lucky but I did not feel lucky just now.

A last look around the kitchen before bed and what is that on my work-surface but a slug!

Not large, I grant you, but more than an inch, before the salt hit it.

Oddly, there was no trail to follow it back to its lair. Conditions have been dry for days.

I will now have nightmares of a colony of these things living behind the washer . . . or somewhere! :frust:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Arghhhh!

Maybe I was lucky but I did not feel lucky just now.

A last look around the kitchen before bed and what is that on my work-surface but a slug!

Not large, I grant you, but more than an inch, before the salt hit it.

Oddly, there was no trail to follow it back to its lair. Conditions have been dry for days.

I will now have nightmares of a colony of these things living behind the washer . . . or somewhere! :frust:
They might be attracted to traces of food on the work surfaces or floor of the kitchen. I had this problem.
A deep clean is recommended! Slug pellets next to where they are coming in as well.

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
When I was living in my previous cottage I regularly came downstairs to find slugs on the floor. Never on any work surfaces though! Not sure where they were coming in but the cottage was cob built and the floor was bricks and pamment tiles laid on the earth. Damp and cold but the rent was cheap so just learnt to live with it as apart from that it was very nice! In fact I sometimes go and look at it on google earth street view and feel a bit nostalgic as they've not updated the view from when I lived there and the curtains in the bedrooms are now in my bathroom. ho hum

Sollywos x

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
When I was living in my previous cottage I regularly came downstairs to find slugs on the floor. Never on any work surfaces though! Not sure where they were coming in but the cottage was cob built and the floor was bricks and pamment tiles laid on the earth. Damp and cold but the rent was cheap so just learnt to live with it as apart from that it was very nice! In fact I sometimes go and look at it on google earth street view and feel a bit nostalgic as they've not updated the view from when I lived there and the curtains in the bedrooms are now in my bathroom. ho hum

Sollywos x
When we kept dogs we'd find huge well-fed slugs round their food bowls in the night. I think they came in through the cat flap.

I didn't mind, they were harmless and it was always funny to see my big dog Rocky spot them and do a Scooby Doo start!

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Come to think of it, my house, when I first took it over, had a kitchen colony of large slugs, which emerged from behind the cooker, nocturnally. The previous owner had a vile, brown carpet in the kitchen, which revealed, graphically, their comings and goings and oozings and schmoozings. Once this was replaced with vinyl flooring and the colony eradicated, the problem ceased. It may have originated in a pile of old newspapers, outside the back door. This was riddled with the things, which could easily have slid under the door and everywhere! Thirty years ago!

I was already a veteran in slug-wars, however. My student-house in Bethesda taught me never to leave unwashed pots and pans in the kitchen. Silver trails alerted me but it took an early-hours visit to the fridge for ice to reveal the horrific size of the slugs which were feasting on the remains of a Bolognese in a stove-top pan. These came in nightly from the neighbouring storage area. The kitchen was the domesticated half of an old beer-cellar. Maybe these giants had supped on old Welsh ales for decades - they looked horribly healthy!

Now they got Vim, which did not please them at all. :points: