What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
"sausage (n.)
mid-15c., sawsyge, from Old North French saussiche (Modern French saucisse), from Vulgar Latin *salsica "sausage," from salsicus "seasoned with salt," from Latin salsus "salted," from past participle of Old Latin sallere "to salt," from sal (genitive salis) "salt" (from PIE root *sal- "salt")."

https://www.etymonline.com/word/sausage

Sausage = seasoned with salt/salted.
The sausage debate rages on.

Using this definition the vinaigrette I poured over my salad this evening is a sausage. So are the peanuts I snacked on later.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Fitting a new water valve and syphon to the bog.
A man and a good working bog should never be parted.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

I love fixing our bogs. I keep the bits handy and swap them out when things go wrong. It's like magic. :cool:

Renovated our outside bog and it's truly a thing of beauty. Whitewashed walls, red-painted floor and the most ferocious flush east of Niagara.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I love fixing our bogs. I keep the bits handy and swap them out when things go wrong. It's like magic. :cool:

Renovated our outside bog and it's truly a thing of beauty. Whitewashed walls, red-painted floor and the most ferocious flush east of Niagara.
I can imagine...
m227033390.jpg

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Driving my daughter to the station through the rain which just started as we were about to leave.

Cloudbusting

I still dream of Orgonon
Reaction score
details please :)

It's something I'm working on with a family member, and we're currently building up our stock in preparation for Autumn and Winter. They're based on the 12 Days of Christmas and other festive characters from patterns/instructions we purchased from a talented crafter in the US (Larissa Holland). We did something similar last year. :)

Here's a Piper piping sold previously (I can't work out how to resize the photo!):

20200603_175030.jpg

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Indeed, you can get plenty of turf from them.
And bury many men in your bog...

Oh, you mean the other kind, don't you? Pretend I never said anything, none of us were here, officer...