What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
Watching Wales v Italy.

Young Italian women look amazing even with masks on. Must be genetic heritage.

Dad's mother was Italian. Probably her genetic heritage also accounts for my nose, which caused me, at secondary school, to be known, among other derogatory things, as Concorde.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Young Italian women look amazing even with masks on. Must be genetic heritage.
They grow up to look like their mothers though, i have Italian cousins, its in their genes.

sicilian-bread-maker-AE4M4E.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Found a gasket in the washing-up bowl that must've come out of one of my 105 food and drinks containers. It occurred to me that as I didn't recognise it, perhaps it was from my Nutribullet.

It doesn't, because the Nutribullet ones don't come out easily. I found this out by googling it.

So five minutes ago I was holding a random gasket in one hand and scratching my head with the other, wondering where the gasket has come from. :dunno:
Something will soon start leaking.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Found a gasket in the washing-up bowl that must've come out of one of my 105 food and drinks containers. It occurred to me that as I didn't recognise it, perhaps it was from my Nutribullet.

It doesn't, because the Nutribullet ones don't come out easily. I found this out by googling it.

So five minutes ago I was holding a random gasket in one hand and scratching my head with the other, wondering where the gasket has come from. :dunno:
Narrow it down to the things you have washed up recently.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Narrow it down to the things you have washed up recently.
What normally happens is that a gasket is left in the bowl when I tip it out after use. By then I'm sick of the sight of whatever I've been washing and I'll know where it's from so I'll dangle it on the cupboard handle to dry for a bit, then forget all about it.

So the container gets reunited with its lid and put away when it's dry without the gasket and I only realise it's missing when there's a leak.
I then hold an identity parade to find out which one it needs.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Wait.

I think we're talking about...wee wee and poopy...

:actw:
Yup, unless the pony you mean is a sum of money amounting in notes or coin or any combination thereof amounting to £25.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score

Not you, one hopes!

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
5 mins ago- listening to a podcast with an interview with ex-Judas Priest guitar man KK Downing. I love KK, but he does occasionally sound like a living outtake from Spinal Tap.

At one point in the interview he talks about a band that he heard, then clarifies that he heard them "with my ears". Bless you, KK, never ever change! \m/

skinny

aka Wuluwait, Boatman of the Dead
Reaction score
Wrestling a complete stranger on a gravel road out in the dark hills at midnight. Yup. The hits just keep on coming.
I'm fine. Got knocked about a bit but survived and glad to be alive. The prick told me he could kill me if he wanted to. He had 6 inches on me and a fair bit of weight. I'm a takedown judo kind of fighter. We got muddy. He clobbered me and I gave him afew steel capped things to go on with.
It was a misunderstanding. I did not give quite as good as I got but he'll be thinking about his decisions for a few days. Fucken maniac.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Wrestling a complete stranger on a gravel road out in the dark hills at midnight. Yup. The hits just keep on coming.
I'm fine. Got knocked about a bit but survived and glad to be alive. The prick told me he could kill me if he wanted to. He had 6 inches on me and a fair bit of weight. I'm a takedown judo kind of fighter. We got muddy. He clobbered me and I gave him afew steel capped things to go on with.
It was a misunderstanding. I did not give quite as good as I got but he'll be thinking about his decisions for a few days. Fucken maniac.

Hope you're ok, do take care.

skinny

Reaction score
To be quite honest, I fucken enjoyed it. Been many a good year since I had a decent scrap and it was a bit of a gas, so it was. Yer man was also banjaxed. We went about it for about 5 minutes. He let me up and then he rose up and told me not to do it again. I said, I didn't do shite. He said, get up and be on yer way. I went on me way.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
To be quite honest, I fucken enjoyed it. Been many a good year since I had a decent scrap and it was a bit of a gas, so it was. Yer man was also banjaxed. We went about it for about 5 minutes. He let me up and then he rose up and told me not to do it again. I said, I didn't do shite. He said, get up and be on yer way. I went on me way.
What started all that off?
Did you give him a funny look?
Glad you are OK.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Bloody hell - you can't leave it there - details man! How did it kick off - was it a road rage incident? What happened to provoke it? Are you telling us he attacked you on a gravel road in the hills in the dark for absolutely no reason?

Glad you're still with us btw..

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
These thing just happen to me sometimes as well dude. I'm a pacifist but I'm a cunt if someone attacks me. The last two that tried, it was a draw and we ended up shaking hands days later and remain friendly to this day.

skinny

Reaction score
First rule of fight club, lads.
Moving ahead now.

Last edited:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I was wondering what that quiet scraping sound was that only I could hear. It's gone on for a few days and I'd begun to wonder if it was a damaged power cable fizzing away on its mission to burn my house down.

After I switched everything off it was still there, so I opened a drawer next to the sofa and found...

... an upturned aerosol can top with TWO BLACK BEETLES IN IT trying to climb out.

Being aware of the possibility that they might be Techy (or some other unfortunate) and me in some parallel existence, after scraping myself off the ceiling I set them free in the garden.