What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Yep ive got like 20p to carry over and the free bundle will come over then, then i will get their £20 one, unlimited data minutes and texts, ok its like 2mbps speed but im in no hurry :p
Mum doesn't have a smart phone only a cheap little flip phone so just uses the credit for calls and texts, not sure she even has a bundle set up, but £20 will last her a couple of months at least :hahazebs:

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Screaming like a girl and ripping my t shirt off in the garden.

I'm removing two compost bins and their contents. I coaxed a massive spider out of compost bin, as phobic as I am of them I don't want to kill them.

A couple of minutes later I felt a tickle on the back of my neck. I scratched it and said massive spider ran down across the front of my t shirt. so I ripped off my t shirt sending said spider flying. It is now sat in the long grass.

A photo of said beastie:

View attachment 42700
Something like this?
giphy-36.gif

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Driving my daughter to the station. Still dark but no wind or rain and the moon and stars visible.
Trying to get into a good friend and neighbour's back gate after talking with his Mrs (who also works in our local shop) but there's a nail stopping that gate movement now. He's always cool about me using his back gate (no dirty jokes please). I'm a little concerned but not too much because he's always very 'switched on' .. I expect someone's tried or succeeded in nicking something from his back yard ..

skinny

aka Wuluwait, Boatman of the Dead
Reaction score
Breathing in and out quite deliberately as I tried to stop myself punching a customer. Success. Now cooling off on a toilet seat until the prick has gone. I need my job.

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Breathing in and out quite deliberately as I tried to stop myself punching a customer. Success. Now cooling off on a toilet seat until the prick has gone. I need my job.
Reminds me of a time when I was in a similar situation many years ago.

Being on the verge of punching my boss I hid in the loo for a good cry, (being about to hand in my notice I didn't want to risk a bad reference). Eventually, still not feeling better, I decided to go to my bosses senior to explain why I'd decided to go home early and that in any case I'd soon be handing in my notice.

Result!!

Said senior agreed that my section head was indeed an aggravating rsole and told me that when he had first joined the office he'd been doing my job and one day he'd actually got as far as taking off his jacket and rolling up his sleeves ready to give him a punch!!! So well knowing the temptation he told me to walk back in the office, head held high and do bugger all work for the remainder of my time and no worries about a reference as he would give me a good one!

Revenge is a dish best served cold an' all that and I was happy to be that cold dish!

Sollywos x

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Just now someone rang me for advice. Well, they wanted advice for someone else.

Seems their neighbour was punched in the face yesterday and has since been seeing 'floaters' and having blurred vision and dark patches, all in one eye.

I told him it's a detached retina and the neighbour needs treatment ASAP. Ambulance job, in fact, if he wants to save his sight in that eye.
We have the NHS so he can pop along and have it sorted in no time. I bet he won't though.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Watching a fire stick thing my Dad mailed to me a couple of weeks ago that contains stuff about my Mum. I've been putting it off because I was expecting to squirt a few tears but I was ready. I haven't watched all of it yet but I watched a couple of gentleman give speeches about her at a track meet held in her honour for 'The Low Flyers'. This lot blat Lotus Super 7's round race tracks and in the 80's she decided to organise track meets for them, sometimes up to 80 people a time that she'd get into hotels and everything that comes with that. The good news is that I didn't sniffle once, both speeches were ace and pitch perfect .... I had no idea that she'd sometimes take balloons to hotels and when they were all pissed up, she'd make large balloon animals and leave them in the lift/elevator for staff to find :cool:

I'd already told them the story of how she once patted a dwarf on the head by accident because she thought it was me: "Oh I'm so sorry, I thought you were my Son!" .. "I can be if you'd like me to be Madam!" ..

amymum.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
After seeing the bus crash photo in the Peculiar Images thread I tracked down the location on Google Earth.
It's not where I was told it happened. I already knew this because I remember it.

I LOVE doing this. :)