What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Booked a two-day break for me and bruv on AirB'n'B near .. shit - remembered I'd left the washing in the machine hours ago and not put in the tumbler.
Be prepared for the worst...
tumblr_e7c6b8867d01bac1a32bf6934f1534f7_c94c2ca2_1280.jpg

Five minutes ago, was putting out stuff (old artificial Christmas tree, old tv stand, old camping chairs, etc) for the Council Clean Up/Hard Rubbish pick up. Now I'll sit back and wait for people to rummage my junk...

Wait, that didn't sound rude in my head...

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Just out of the oven - pre-decorated 7.5" simnel cake (that be a fruit cake with the marzipan layer in the middle) for my sister' birthday tomorrow and a 6" one for the road trip with my brother on Wednesday.

Simnel_0469.jpg

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Watching the Parrot and Coales hot air balloon passing slowly overhead. No wind to speak of, hence the slow speed.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Getting back to operating temperature after a 17.26 mile bicycle ride, followed by a hot shower.

maximus otter

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Watching a 20 minute video of a guy walking through Cairo. It would bore 99.9% of the population of course, but every now and then I watch it all the way through and get homesick -even though I've never lived there. Is that possible?

And before Trevp666, Nosmo and the rest of all you comedians do it, I'll do it for you;

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Watching a 20 minute video of a guy walking through Cairo. It would bore 99.9% of the population of course, but every now and then I watch it all the way through and get homesick -even though I've never lived there. Is that possible?

And before Trevp666, Nosmo and the rest of all you comedians do it, I'll do it for you;

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I was messaging Escet to tell him we'd just seen his old flat in Brussels on TV in the Cycling World Championship. :cool:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Viruses though? Anyway don’t spoil my plan to have those brown plastic Sarson’s bottles Smirnoff branded.
Vinegar probably won't kill viruses, true.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
After another day of cleaning, redesigning and refreshing my sitting-room, I decided to light a rediscovered candle in celebration! :yay:

Just another vanilla-scented thing in a tumbler . . .

But no! It turned out to be an Airwick colour-changing candle. I was dumbfounded.

I had, clearly, lit the thing once-upon-a-time, so how could I have forgotten its charming aurora effects?

I had to go onto Youtube to find out that they are powered by LEDs. For a moment, it was magic!

I have parked it on my window-sill, where it may attract rainbow-motivated visitors . . . :sneaky2:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I had, clearly, lit the thing once-upon-a-time, so how could I have forgotten its charming aurora effects?

So it has both a wick to light and a battery-powered colourful display underneath?

Well I never, what a time to be alive. :cool:

(Edited to add: I like how in the heading the word 'demonstration' becomes 'demon'.)

(I'm still not tempted. No candles are burned in my house since a terrible double tragedy occurred in the next town. I just can't bring myself to light them indoors.

Halloween pumpkin started fire that killed Lucas Carter

A house fire the night before Halloween that led to the death of a boy was started accidentally by tea light candles in a pumpkin, a coroner ruled.
Lucas Carter, eight, died in October 2016 from the effects of smoke inhalation in Sandbach, Cheshire.
His mother Kelly-Anne Carter, 35, suffered serious burns and later killed herself because she could not go on without him, her inquest was told.

I didn't know the family but they were friends of friends.)

Last edited:

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Running yesterday's rifle zero check through plotting software to confirm that everything's on track for a trip over to Bisley rifle range soon:

Valkyrie-zero-confirm-26-9-21.jpg

Top left: Initial group

Centre: Elevation corrected

Bottom left: Windage corrected, and on.

Average group size: 0.33 MOA

The rifle is my Valkyrie Rifles custom in .260 Remington, fitted with a Schmidt & Bender 5 - 25 x 56mm PMII 'scope:

Rifle-02.jpg

During a previous Bisley run

Ammunition was my own handloads launching a 139-grain Lapua Scenar at 2,795 feet per second (Mach 2.5), with a standard deviation of just 7.2 feet per second.

Game on!

maximus otter

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Running yesterday's rifle zero check through plotting software to confirm that everything's on track for a trip over to Bisley rifle range soon:

Valkyrie-zero-confirm-26-9-21.jpg

Top left: Initial group

Centre: Elevation corrected

Bottom left: Windage corrected, and on.

Average group size: 0.33 MOA

The rifle is my Valkyrie Rifles custom in .260 Remington, fitted with a Schmidt & Bender 5 - 25 x 56mm PMII 'scope:

Rifle-02.jpg

During a previous Bisley run

Ammunition was my own handloads launching a 139-grain Lapua Scenar at 2,795 feet per second (Mach 2.5), with a standard deviation of just 7.2 feet per second.

Game on!

maximus otter
Years ago my mate went to a shooting range for the first time and proudly showed me his scores on the paper targets he'd brought back with him. A couple were very near the bullseye, another 2 or 3 a bit further out and the rest dotted about. I pointed out that actually, it would have been far better if all the shots were close together, even if they were as far away from the bullseye as possible, eg in the far top right corner, as this 'grouping' all together would have meant that he was a good shot and just the sights needed adjusting.

Amergin

Foundation and Umpire
Reaction score
Years ago my mate went to a shooting range for the first time and proudly showed me his scores on the paper targets he'd brought back with him. A couple were very near the bullseye, another 2 or 3 a bit further out and the rest dotted about. I pointed out that actually, it would have been far better if all the shots were close together, even if they were as far away from the bullseye as possible, eg in the far top right corner, as this 'grouping' all together would have meant that he was a good shot and just the sights needed adjusting.
Ah the old accuracy versus precision chestnut

Attachments

• 1930A436-0133-4011-BFC7-5C1C58299FA0.jpeg
    1930A436-0133-4011-BFC7-5C1C58299FA0.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 4

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
The Kindness Test. It's not a fiddle or a scam, it's a genuine University of Sussex research project.

What is The Kindness Test?

The Kindness Test is designed to explore our everyday experiences of kindness in different settings.

Most people would probably say they have a good idea about what it means to be kind and what it feels like to give and receive kindness. But there has been relatively little research into kindness -- what it is, where and when it is experienced, and what impact it has.

That is where this questionnaire comes in. We want to explore how people's attitudes and experiences might vary across different groups, and we also want to know how kindness might relate to health, well-being, and other social and psychological experiences.

https://universityofsussex.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1RYvaR5UA1czYvs

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
The Kindness Test. It's not a fiddle or a scam, it's a genuine University of Sussex research project.

s

Started to fill it in out of curiosity as I usually avoided these sort of surveys like the plague! However I soon realised that I wasn't feeling sufficiently kindly disposed towards the academics involved to bother to finish it.