What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just had to drown a rat. I didn't want to do it but it was groggy from poison I'd been forced to put down. I should have done it when the first one turned up but left it and left it.... until more arrived. If it was just stealing a bit of bird food from the table I'd have left it, but a hole appeared in the ground and buckets and buckets of soil were dug out, then ripping the bags of compost/bird seed etc in the shed, making a mess everywhere...... so I had to do it. A shot from an air rifle would have been much more humane to be honest. Quick at least, although I'm not sure I'd have been able to hit him if he hadn't had the poison in the first place - And I don't own an air rifle unfortunately.

JaneD

JaneD
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the rat. We gets lots of them in the vicinity and we leave them alone (although they are large cat toys to some members of the household) but if they ever get in the house then it’s time for the rat man. After crises of conscience though.
Five minutes ago i downloaded ios 15. Now my Safari looks very strange indeed

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Checking Facebook, only to find that it's down (completely).

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
We can only pray...
Just looked on Google and clicked on this link

Screenshot_20211004-170237_Chrome.png

And got this.

Screenshot_20211004-170230_Chrome.jpg

:hahazebs: :hahazebs: :hahazebs: :hahazebs: :hahazebs: :hahazebs: :hahazebs:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Oh dear, oh dear, what will people do?
Maybe they'll get on with something else.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Checking Facebook, only to find that it's down (completely).
I was looking on there about 10 minutes ago. It was present but not doing anything.

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
From the Independent 9 minutes ago:-

Why has Facebook broken? DNS could be the culprit​

Here’s a very simple version of one of the problems that Facebook is having: its domain name system, or DNS, is not working. That might be a symptom or it might be the cause – we should find out soon enough – but it is the reason that when you type “Facebook.com” into your browser, the computer is unable to have that converted into the actual data that makes up the Facebook website.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Given up trying to log onto Facebook and its erudite clientele and tried to activate an offer from Nectar points. Cannot access my Nectar account because the password isn't accepted and cannot reset the password because there is no account associated with my email address. That's the email address Nectar send two emails a day to. Guess I'll have to slum it on here for a bit.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Given up trying to log onto Facebook and its erudite clientele and tried to activate an offer from Nectar points. Cannot access my Nectar account because the password isn't accepted and cannot reset the password because there is no account associated with my email address. That's the email address Nectar send two emails a day to. Guess I'll have to slum it on here for a bit.
Did you have it set up to 'log in with Facebook'?
FB being down can create problems!

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Just got back from walking the dog. I was wearing a fluorescent jacket, a hooded top with the hood up, and my pyjamas.

Hard to know whether I'll get a reputation for impersonating a police officer or impersonating a ghostly monk first. I suppose there's always the possibility that I'll get a reputation for being someone ready for bed who's walking a dog too.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Just got back from walking the dog. I was wearing a fluorescent jacket, a hooded top with the hood up, and my pyjamas.

Hard to know whether I'll get a reputation for impersonating a police officer or impersonating a ghostly monk first. I suppose there's always the possibility that I'll get a reputation for being someone ready for bed who's walking a dog too.
Or just, 'the crazy pyjama lady' :p

JaneD

JaneD
Reaction score

I hope some footwear was involved or you will forever be the crazy barefoot pyjama lady

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
I hope some footwear was involved or you will forever be the crazy barefoot pyjama lady
I was wearing my slippers. Which, I suppose bring the worry that I'll get known as 'that woman who goes OUTSIDE in her slippers' in certain quarters. They are UGG boots though, so I'm excused.

Ascalon

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I don't like nagging, even when it is for a good cause.
However, today I made a donation to support Wikipedia, because this morning since 08:30, I have used it to look up:
  • Pythagorean philosophy
  • Xian H-6K bomber
  • The history of String Theory
  • Dark matter developments
  • Blockchain examples
  • Circular Economy principles
Fair enough, that is worth a couple of yoyos*.

*Other currencies are available.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Cleaning, polishing and sharpening an old penknife I bought for just £1 in a junk shop in town .. bargain, although It's a bit too long so probably not legal to carry it around .. (photo taken with a potato sorry) ..

aknife001.jpg