Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Laundry.

Kieran-Murray-11.jpg

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Just checked my laptops for Windows 11 compatibility - this one fails, the newer one passes.
Interesting that this laptop is 6+ years old and has a spec that should be OK, but this particular i5 processor isn't explicitly supported. MS has produced a list of processors it supports - and nothing else will do, apparently (even though this processor has twice the required clock speed).
I guess I should migrate across to the other laptop soon and retire this one.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Found washing up brush and a bottle of limescale remover and giving my toilet a good loooong scrub.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Found washing up brush and a bottle of limescale remover and giving my toilet a good loooong scrub.
I bought some amazing stuff from Amazon that gets t'bog all sparkly.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
In our family buying cleaning stuff is a substitute for actually cleaning anything. One can feel great satisfaction from the purchase, putting it in the cupboard and then firmly closing the door.
I am like this. I have a cupboard overflowing with cleaning products, which I rarely use.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Finally managing to get the filters back for the extractor fan over the stove.
Some of the small parts had broken off the ends when I took them down to clean them and I had been trying to get them to stay back up using gaffer tape, wide tape and that putty like adhesive. My friend rang to thank me for a photo frame she had wanted that I sent and suggested that I use double sided tape and it worked!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Finally managing to get the filters back for the extractor fan over the stove.
Some of the small parts had broken off the ends when I took them down to clean them and I had been trying to get them to stay back up using gaffer tape, wide tape and that putty like adhesive. My friend rang to thank me for a photo frame she had wanted that I sent and suggested that I use double sided tape and it worked!
My entire existence is secured with double-sided tape.

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
I don't like nagging, even when it is for a good cause.
However, today I made a donation to support Wikipedia, because this morning since 08:30, I have used it to look up:
  • Pythagorean philosophy
  • Xian H-6K bomber
  • The history of String Theory
  • Dark matter developments
  • Blockchain examples
  • Circular Economy principles
Fair enough, that is worth a couple of yoyos*.

*Other currencies are available.
I looked at my Wikipedia search history recently and was shocked at how accurately it seemed to sumup my entire personality.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
In between cooking beetroot (I've left the damn stuff to its own devices as it's taking that long), I have fixed a radiator that wasn't working. If any of you have thermostatic radiator valves and find that one day one isn't working, eight or maybe nine times out of ten it's very easy to fix and will save you a fortune (especially if your plumber is dishonest). Open the valve to max- usually 5 or 6- and unscrew it by turning the bezel. It should be hand-tight but may need a spanner if it's not been touched in years. Lift of the top (ie the part with the numbers on), and you'll see a small, thick metal pin. If it's stuck down it means the rad is stuck off. Either way, give it a little bit of the old WD40 and gently tap the pin with a hammer to free it. Screw cap back on. Sometimes you can even free it just by gently tapping the side of the valve with a pice of wood. Even if your plumber is an honest type, they'd probably still charge you at least £50-60, so it's worth knowing about.