What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I wanted some hi-viz polyester Aertex to make face tubes for cycling in.
Couldn't track any down at a reasonable price so Techy stepped in.

IMG_20211026_154437.jpg

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Watching a YouTube video on the filming location of the Gilligan's Island set & lagoon (it's in CBS Studio Center in Studio City, Los Angeles for those interested).

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I was taking a quick brunch and watching a bit of the Netflix series on Madeleine McCann.

Having already seen it several times I should have known not to watch while eating. Nearly choked on me toast with contempt. :mad:

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
Considering going to bed. I've almost slept in the last two mornings.

Also, drinking tea and listening to the rain outside.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Winds are very strong and I've picked up the bin for the second time as I want it emptied.
Power went off while I was in the shower but only momentarily.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I was eating (as usual) and listening to Woman's Hour live on Radio 4.
An outstanding edition.

I particularly enjoyed the segment on Monica Lewinsky. Can remember the scandal and feeling sorry for her; she was taken advantage of by her boss who spun her some yarn about being under pressure and his wife not understanding him blah blah blah whatever, the usual, and was then discarded and publicly humiliated.

Looking forward to the upcoming TV drama about it. :)

TangletwigsDeux

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I was eating (as usual) and listening to Woman's Hour live on Radio 4.
An outstanding edition.

I particularly enjoyed the segment on Monica Lewinsky. Can remember the scandal and feeling sorry for her; she was taken advantage of by her boss who spun her some yarn about being under pressure and his wife not understanding him blah blah blah whatever, the usual, and was then discarded and publicly humiliated.

Looking forward to the upcoming TV drama about it. :)
Always struck me like that too, Clinton really got off lightly wheras she was and always will be the dress girl.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Oh Beryl loves it she watches them too, and theres noone to the other side so all good :) Even when an occasional rat climbs the wall ....
My old dear lives in a modern sheltered housing complex with a little patio. I gave her a concrete birdbath, the sort you put on the ground, and she'd sit for hours entranced by the queues of robins and blackbirds that used it.

She kept it clean and topped up in all seasons and her feathered friends'd arrive at roughly the same intervals throughout the day to bathe and drink.
Some waited patiently but others would chase each other off. It was like a little TV drama.

I bet your pigeons'd like a bird bath. You could mount one on the fence for them. Your neighbour would love it too.

I leave water out front and back for passing birds and animals but can't do too much to encourage them as we keep cats.
The hedgehogs like the water though!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Always struck me like that too, Clinton really got off lightly wheras she was and always will be the dress girl.
I like to think of Hilary giving Bill a pasting over it.
Must have been so frustrating for her, as politically she had to stand by her man but of course she'd been shown up too and had to carry on knowing people were reading and talking about what he'd been up to.

TangletwigsDeux

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
My old dear lives in a modern sheltered housing complex with a little patio. I gave her a concrete birdbath, the sort you put on the ground, and she'd sit for hours entranced by the queues of robins and blackbirds that used it.

She kept it clean and topped up in all seasons and her feathered friends'd arrive at roughly the same intervals throughout the day to bathe and drink.
Some waited patiently but others would chase each other off. It was like a little TV drama.

I bet your pigeons'd like a bird bath. You could mount one on the fence for them. Your neighbour would love it too.

I leave water out front and back for passing birds and animals but can't do too much to encourage them as we keep cats.
The hedgehogs like the water though!
I have water at the base of the wall in an old takeaway container (posh eh), but out back we have the full naked floozie on a jacuzzi birdbath and one of the multistory bird feeders with cages and things holding various goodies, the front wall pigeons havent discovered this as of yet ...

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
AeroPressing myself a second mug of delicious half-caf.

maximus otter

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I have water at the base of the wall in an old takeaway container (posh eh), but out back we have the full naked floozie on a jacuzzi birdbath and one of the multistory bird feeders with cages and things holding various goodies, the front wall pigeons havent discovered this as of yet ...
Haha, you have it covered!

Maybe keeping the pigeons away from the back-garden feeding extravaganza is the way forward. :rcard:

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score

l’d earnestly recommend that:

a) People put up bird feeders (away from predatory cats, obvs), and;

b) Protect said feeders with readily-available wire “cages”, to prevent them from being Hoovered empty on a daily basis by rubbish birds like pigeons, starlings and collared doves.

maximus otter

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
l’d earnestly recommend that:

a) People put up bird feeders (away from predatory cats, obvs), and;

b) Protect said feeders with readily-available wire “cages”, to prevent them from being Hoovered empty on a daily basis by rubbish birds like pigeons, starlings and collared doves.

maximus otter
You left one rubbish bird off of your list...
kimkardashian-_sq.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I feed pigeons to annoy a neighbour, throwing stuff so they'll eat it in front of his place. Most I've had arrive at once is 9.
There was a woman who used to cover the whole of her local town square in bread, so that it allegedly looked like a snowscene, when feeding pigeons. As it was illegal she was repeatedly fined but wouldn't stop. Things got grim for her.

This was decades ago and was reported in the press and t'FT. I believe she eventually went to prison for a couple of weeks.

Attracting pigeons on the street- dicing with death, you are. :evillaugh:

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
There was a woman who used to cover the whole of her local town square in bread, so that it allegedly looked like a snowscene, when feeding pigeons. As it was illegal she was repeatedly fined but wouldn't stop. Things got grim for her.

This was decades ago and was reported in the press and t'FT. I believe she eventually went to prison for a couple of weeks.

Attracting pigeons on the street- dicing with death, you are. :evillaugh:

Not on the street it's at the back of the apartment complex.