What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
AeroPressing myself a second mug of delicious half-caf.

maximus otter

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I have water at the base of the wall in an old takeaway container (posh eh), but out back we have the full naked floozie on a jacuzzi birdbath and one of the multistory bird feeders with cages and things holding various goodies, the front wall pigeons havent discovered this as of yet ...
Haha, you have it covered!

Maybe keeping the pigeons away from the back-garden feeding extravaganza is the way forward. :rcard:

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
I have water at the base of the wall in an old takeaway container (posh eh), but out back we have the full naked floozie on a jacuzzi birdbath and one of the multistory bird feeders with cages and things holding various goodies, the front wall pigeons havent discovered this as of yet ...

l’d earnestly recommend that:

a) People put up bird feeders (away from predatory cats, obvs), and;

b) Protect said feeders with readily-available wire “cages”, to prevent them from being Hoovered empty on a daily basis by rubbish birds like pigeons, starlings and collared doves.

maximus otter

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
AeroPressing myself a second mug of delicious half-caf.

maximus otter
So I see...

too_much_caffeine.jpg

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
l’d earnestly recommend that:

a) People put up bird feeders (away from predatory cats, obvs), and;

b) Protect said feeders with readily-available wire “cages”, to prevent them from being Hoovered empty on a daily basis by rubbish birds like pigeons, starlings and collared doves.

maximus otter
You left one rubbish bird off of your list...
kimkardashian-_sq.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I feed pigeons to annoy a neighbour, throwing stuff so they'll eat it in front of his place. Most I've had arrive at once is 9.
There was a woman who used to cover the whole of her local town square in bread, so that it allegedly looked like a snowscene, when feeding pigeons. As it was illegal she was repeatedly fined but wouldn't stop. Things got grim for her.

This was decades ago and was reported in the press and t'FT. I believe she eventually went to prison for a couple of weeks.

Attracting pigeons on the street- dicing with death, you are. :evillaugh:

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
There was a woman who used to cover the whole of her local town square in bread, so that it allegedly looked like a snowscene, when feeding pigeons. As it was illegal she was repeatedly fined but wouldn't stop. Things got grim for her.

This was decades ago and was reported in the press and t'FT. I believe she eventually went to prison for a couple of weeks.

Attracting pigeons on the street- dicing with death, you are. :evillaugh:

Not on the street it's at the back of the apartment complex.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Sure she has, endless vapid shows, hasn't worked a real job in her life, shallow, fake, fake, fake, and encouraging impressional young people to aspire to her fake lifestyle.:incan:
Maybe, but calling her a rubbish bird is a sexist ad hominem.

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
Listening to the football on the radio. This has been the way I've spent Saturday afternoons for pretty much the last 35 years.

Something lovely about hearing the classified results being read out on a dark winter afternoon.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Listening to the football on the radio. This has been the way I've spent Saturday afternoons for pretty much the last 35 years.

Something lovely about hearing the classified results being read out on a dark winter afternoon.
I think the last time I did was
35 years ago.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

*nods* East Fife four, Forfar five.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Myth, its not a Liquorice Allsort; its a picnic experience for the Space aged compartmentalised.

Nowadays they are retro kit marketed to VW camper owners.

(My experience with a dormobile was not thrilling, and so I will respectfully decline to pass judgement on folk who think they are cool still).

Like many Plastic Products (TM) they are Solutions looking for Problems...

But it cost me £3 at a charity shop; its fun for Plastic Heritage blogging, and I can store models in it.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Myth, its not a Liquorice Allsort; its a picnic experience for the Space aged compartmentalised.

Nowadays they are retro kit marketed to VW camper owners.

(My experience with a dormobile was not thrilling, and so I will respectfully decline to pass judgement on folk who think they are cool still).

Like many Plastic Products (TM) they are Solutions looking for Problems...

But it cost me £3 at a charity shop; its fun for Plastic Heritage blogging, and I can store models in it.
Actually, that might be a classic of retro design, if it's all in good nick.