• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Whatever happened to the World UFO Invasion?

MrRING

Android Futureman
I remember after X-Files got hot that there were numerous UFO oriented programs on. One of the main features were programs that featured UFO footage from around the world, particularly South America, where people would see UFO's for hours hovering over the city, and the various shaky camcorder copies of these events.

Now, of course it could be a hoax, probably was, and it would seem that if there was real info that more would have come out, maybe alternative footage. Does anybody even remember these programs?

And why did they stop? Does it haveto do with the quality of digital cameras that has added to the "orb" experience but taken away from the "ufo" experience?

I vaguely remember them being identified as stars and planets, rather than UFOs. Camcorder footage can distort things.

At the risk of being an Anti-Fortean; it's all just silly behaviour!

Shaky footage, no real movement of said UFOs and no believable explanation as to why they are extraterestrial (I just can't get to grips with that word!:( )

I used to be really into the UFO situation but it has become apparent that there is a severe lack of evidence. Lots of perhaps and maybe but nothing more.

A glance at UFO Magazine shows the desperation. Orbs? Yeah, ok. The guy who reviews the books is obviously so enamoured with the reality of visiting ETs that he can't objectively review anything. Yet another 'God was an Astronaut' potboiler gets 5 stars. The reason that what appears to be a book aimed at children is so 'conservative' is because one of the authors is involved with SETI and so if ETs are proven OR disproven then he will lose his job! Until this kind of paranoid bullshit is removed from UFO research then there is 0% chance of it ever being taken seriously. It's just so laughable.

Back