• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's the best crypto photo EVER?

A

Anonymous

What, in your opinion, are the greatest 'real' crypto photos ever?

By real I mean it has yet to be proven a fake, like the Surgeons Photo of Nessie.

If possible, attach a link to a site w/ the picture on it. Explain why the photo is so important.

Here's my fav, the the Myakka "Skunk Ape" photos

clcik here

Mine is the b&w one with the huge primate with long arms propped up with a stick under his chin. It must be experienced with the mind of an eight year old and to the accompaniment of the Arthur C. Clarke Male Baritone Choir's sinister background vocals ("AWHHHHHHHHH"). Definitely bordered on inducing a shamanic crisis did that one!

The Patterson film, despite scepticism is still the greatest cryptid evidence, and more so that many anthropologists have seriously looked into the study of the critter. It has stood the test of time and the anatomy suggest an unknown, ape-like creature.

And yes Hospitaller, you're speaking of the Deloys' 'ape' photo that many have theorised as being a large Spider Monkey. An unsuaul photo of authenticity considering those who took it had endured a nightmare in the jungle, i.e. illness, death etc, only to stimble upon this specimen.

I always did like this one, which is on FT's own site. It hasn't been proved a fake as far as I know, but it's probably done by trick photography.

Bill Robinson

Big Bill Robins said:
I always did like this one, which is on FT's own site. It hasn't been proved a fake as far as I know, but it's probably done by trick photography.

Bill Robinson

Wasn't there an article a while ago explaining how it was done ?

hospitaller said:
Mine is the b&w one with the huge primate with long arms propped up with a stick under his chin. It must be experienced with the mind of an eight year old and to the accompaniment of the Arthur C. Clarke Male Baritone Choir's sinister background vocals ("AWHHHHHHHHH"). Definitely bordered on inducing a shamanic crisis did that one!
Had the same effect on me, that one - unfortunately it's since been discredited by cryptozoologists including Loren Coleman and Ivan Sanderson - click.

My faves? Myakka, and the Patterson film. Deep down, I still think the latter's genuine.

This one still gets me every time I see it, although I seem to remember it being discredited as a decomposing basking shark, I still looks so damned impressive.

yano2x.jpg

http://paranormal.about.com/gi/dyna...erve.com/homepages/bowdenmalcolm/plsfin13.htm

That's what I thought, quickly followd by; 'That big???'
Maybe all towns called 'Stonehaven' are weird, seaside places filled with monstrous beasts?
:D

NEIL said:
P. Younger, I believe the 'sea monster' is a Gulper Eel.

Er, I don't think so.....

Anatomy: The Gulper Eel is not much more than a set of huge, weak jaws with a very long stomach. Its body is not very muscular. The Gulper is about 2 feet (0.6 m) long on average. It has tiny eyes and a small, reddish light at the tip of the tail. The spineless fins are joined and extend over the entire body. The scales covering the body are tiny; there are over a hundred scales per square inch of skin.

NEIL said:
P. Younger, I believe the 'sea monster' is a Gulper Eel.

Actually, I thought they described that one as a basking shark. Once the gills rot away, it appears to be a small head on the end of a large neck.

Oh yes, and hi all :)

rigmarole said:
Actually, I thought they described that one as a basking shark. Once the gills rot away, it appears to be a small head on the end of a large neck.

Oh yes, and hi all :)

I think we've got some wires crossed, I was talking about this .

Back