• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's The Most Outrageous Conspiracy Theory You Have Heard?

Historians believe the first recorded strike in history was during Ramses III around 1100s BC when the pyramid builders refused to work when the men ran out of eye and face makeup and massage oils.

This is not so unusual as these measures protected the builders from the harsh sun.

I had a brief chat on our pier tonight with a bloke. He's posh, uses the Wifi on the pier and films stuff .. and Queen Elizabeth's Sandringham estate has tried to frame him apparently ..

I've just accepted his friend request on facebook, he's a bit odd though so I'll be on my guard .. I can't make any sense of this stuff yet ..

https://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-4...LjqLAHOnNFdZKO75qqNVBXlYPZz24irFFr-vXiFfUdOCM

I'm thinking he's got mental health difficulties but don't mean to make fun of him here ..

Last edited:
I had a brief chat on our pier tonight with a bloke. He's posh, uses the Wifi on the pier and films stuff .. and Queen Elizabeth's Sandringham estate has tried to frame him apparently ..

I've just accepted his friend request on facebook, he's a bit odd though so I'll be on my guard .. I can't make any sense of this stuff yet ..

https://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-4...LjqLAHOnNFdZKO75qqNVBXlYPZz24irFFr-vXiFfUdOCM

I'm thinking he's got mental health difficulties but don't mean to make fun of him here ..

What the feck was that about? I liked the architectural square-cut bush. Always good to find a neatly trimmed bush.

I've watched a few of his rambling/rhyming videos, but is there somewhere he tells us what he's being framed for?
Who knows? .. either he's telling the truth and I don't want to deal with that or he's deluded and I don't want to deal with that either. I'm not keen on going down the rabbit hole of his videos or asking him face to face either.

The sound isn't that good on my computer so I'm having great difficulty hearing what he's saying. Is he claiming that the video was taken in Diss?

@Swifty is the narrator the bloke you met and who you described as 'posh'? Well he doesn't sound very posh to me.

@Swifty is the narrator the bloke you met and who you described as 'posh'? Well he doesn't sound very posh to me.
He has a (mostly) Norfolk accent. Not posh at all.
Can't understand much of it because of his confused thought processes and poor pronunciation.

Sorry Mr Botwright, if you're out there - just talk more clearly. Thanks.

1654956792659.png
When he's looking back down the street the church in the background isn't this one which is in Diss, so if he's claiming that's the town he's filming in he's um 'being creative with the truth'.

The sound isn't that good on my computer so I'm having great difficulty hearing what he's saying. Is he claiming that the video was taken in Diss?
I wouldn’t fret about it - you’re not missing much. Wherever it is has a lovely cubic bush.

I wouldn’t fret about it - you’re not missing much. Wherever it is has a lovely cubic bush.
F**k knows what he's always babbling on about?, you never know but me and 'hit the hot spot!' (fisherman slang) Brooksy photo bombed one of his videos a few days ago at the 0:25 mark in this video :) .. that didn't stop him though. We'll just leave him to it ...

It's stream-of-consciousness nonsense, most of the time.
I know someone very similar to him, who has mental issues and wants everyone to believe he once framed for a murder.

He too uses social media. And in both cases the murders were real (plus they seemed to be living in the area when they occurred) but... the whole "people are trying to frame me" claims are surely delusions on their part.

I think this fits in here.

Excerpted from Foolproof: Why Misinformation Infects Our Minds and How to Build Immunity by Sander van der Linden. Copyright © 2023. Used with permission of the publisher, W. W. Norton & Company, Inc. All rights reserved.

Nefarious Intentions and Persecuted Victims: On the Rise of Conspiracy Theories​

Sander van der Linden Investigates the Language and Psychology Behind Conspiratorial Narratives​

By Sander van der Linden

March 24, 2023
On 30 March 2014, I received an email from one “Alan Tarica.” He had been reading my work on the psychology of conspiracy theories and decided to send me a link to his detailed website uncovering patterns of a vast conspiracy to conceal or ignore the fact that Shakespeare’s famous sonnets were written by somebody else. Who might this be? According to Tarica, all signs point towards the Earl of Oxford. In several conversations, Alan tried to convince me that when you read the Sonnets from end to beginning, starting with the last poem and working your way back to the first poem, hidden truths are revealed.

Most of my colleagues don’t typically respond to such emails, but I often feel a strong pull—like a deep desire—to learn more about what exactly motivates belief in these type of conspiracy theories. After a few emails, I sent Alan Tarica a paper about how illusory pattern perception is linked to belief in conspiracy theories. After I googled his name and discovered that TARICA is an anagram for “ART CIA,” I quickly realized that he had been obsessively emailing and attacking scholars across the board. I told him that this was not my area of expertise but that I’m sure that “the truth is out there.”

One of his emails to me read as follows:
Thanks for response but really have to wonder if you find the behaviour of your fellow academics even remotely acceptable.
Of course, the truth is out there but without a conversation how are we supposed to get at it?
I can assure you I will make this ultimately about the contemptible behaviour of those that should be able to make informed comments. And I expect far greater participation from everyone despite their discipline.
But if you do nothing else, please pass that along.
All the best, Alan.
The truth is out there, but that wasn’t enough for Alan. He kept emailing and his last email to me read: “Why don’t you try and refute my ‘conspiracy theory’ you useless and outrageous asshole.”

It may be that Alan feels marginalized: his views are not being heard and the scientific community is ignoring him.

If you start examining conspiracy theories, you will notice recurring commonalities in their narrative.

What Alan doesn’t know is that his behavior fits exactly with what we found in one of our latest studies: an investigation into the language of conspiracy. Most studies in this field of research just ask regular people questions about the extent to which they endorse a myriad of conspiracy theories. But we wanted to do something novel—to examine the language used by actual conspiracy theorists, to see if there are particular patterns—or psycholinguistic features—that make conspiracy theorists distinct in the way that they express themselves online.
By analyzing the language used in hundreds of thousands of tweets from the most popular conspiracy theorists on Twitter, we found that they express much more negative emotions—particularly anger—compared to their popular-science counterparts. They also swear and talk much more about other groups and power structures. All of which is reflected in Alan’s language: he’s angry, he’s swearing at others, and he’s dismantling what he perceives as unfair power structures. ...

https://lithub.com/nefarious-intentions-and-persecuted-victims-on-the-rise-of-conspiracy-theories/

I think this fits in here.

Excerpted from Foolproof: Why Misinformation Infects Our Minds and How to Build Immunity by Sander van der Linden. Copyright © 2023. Used with permission of the publisher, W. W. Norton & Company, Inc. All rights reserved.

Nefarious Intentions and Persecuted Victims: On the Rise of Conspiracy Theories​

Sander van der Linden Investigates the Language and Psychology Behind Conspiratorial Narratives​

By Sander van der Linden

March 24, 2023
On 30 March 2014, I received an email from one “Alan Tarica.” He had been reading my work on the psychology of conspiracy theories and decided to send me a link to his detailed website uncovering patterns of a vast conspiracy to conceal or ignore the fact that Shakespeare’s famous sonnets were written by somebody else. Who might this be? According to Tarica, all signs point towards the Earl of Oxford. In several conversations, Alan tried to convince me that when you read the Sonnets from end to beginning, starting with the last poem and working your way back to the first poem, hidden truths are revealed.

Most of my colleagues don’t typically respond to such emails, but I often feel a strong pull—like a deep desire—to learn more about what exactly motivates belief in these type of conspiracy theories. After a few emails, I sent Alan Tarica a paper about how illusory pattern perception is linked to belief in conspiracy theories. After I googled his name and discovered that TARICA is an anagram for “ART CIA,” I quickly realized that he had been obsessively emailing and attacking scholars across the board. I told him that this was not my area of expertise but that I’m sure that “the truth is out there.”

One of his emails to me read as follows:

The truth is out there, but that wasn’t enough for Alan. He kept emailing and his last email to me read: “Why don’t you try and refute my ‘conspiracy theory’ you useless and outrageous asshole.”

It may be that Alan feels marginalized: his views are not being heard and the scientific community is ignoring him.

If you start examining conspiracy theories, you will notice recurring commonalities in their narrative.

What Alan doesn’t know is that his behavior fits exactly with what we found in one of our latest studies: an investigation into the language of conspiracy. Most studies in this field of research just ask regular people questions about the extent to which they endorse a myriad of conspiracy theories. But we wanted to do something novel—to examine the language used by actual conspiracy theorists, to see if there are particular patterns—or psycholinguistic features—that make conspiracy theorists distinct in the way that they express themselves online.
By analyzing the language used in hundreds of thousands of tweets from the most popular conspiracy theorists on Twitter, we found that they express much more negative emotions—particularly anger—compared to their popular-science counterparts. They also swear and talk much more about other groups and power structures. All of which is reflected in Alan’s language: he’s angry, he’s swearing at others, and he’s dismantling what he perceives as unfair power structures. ...

https://lithub.com/nefarious-intentions-and-persecuted-victims-on-the-rise-of-conspiracy-theories/
A great post from you as usual. This will stir the fertilizer :)

Edit: I'm making popcorn.

Last edited:
My popcorn is popped and buttered
And I am all a-fluttered
Waiting for the true believers
To refute.

A recent one:

Russian State TV talking head proposing that maybe Zelensky and Boris Johnson are having a homosexual affair, after being dumfounded by the fact that "in the west, being gay isn't compromising material"

Propagandists admit that Arestovich is gay and Zelensky is also most likely gay
Russians are trying to find an explanation in homosexuality for everything that happens in Ukraine. We wonder what Freud would have said about such Russian way of thinking?

There is a good analysis where this idea comes from, but it's on a political website and I hesitate to post the link.

Last edited:
Another one, from Twitter:

Wild that Peter Thiel's entire life work could get unraveled solely because he could not resist the urge to have one of his boyfriends killed for talking to reporters. Someone is gonna swoop in and fire sale those assets, but god damn, this whole arc is pure Shakespeare.

https://theintercept.com/2023/03/23...ntercept&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

THE DEATH OF PETER THIEL’S “KEPT” ROMANTIC PARTNER IS BEING INVESTIGATED AS A SUICIDE
Miami police plan to interview Thiel as part of probe into the sudden death of Jeff Thomas, a model and social media influencer, sources said.

And another one:

The killing of six people, including three 9-year-olds, at The Covenant School in Nashville, Tennessee, has been filled with speculation about the shooter's motive.
Audrey Hale, 28, was killed at the scene by police officers, 14 minutes after the first emergency call, with bodycam footage revealing the moment when officers opened fire.
However, only hours after the footage was released, conspiracy theories blossomed suggesting the shooter was wearing different footwear at different stages of the attack.

Multiple tweets posted between March 28 and 29, 2023, claimed that the Nashville shooter's footwear changed during the course of the incident.

One tweet by @WayneTechSPFX, posted on March 28, which has been viewed 852,000 times, said: "This was pointed out to me. The shoes the assailant were wearing were swapped out.
"So upon further inspection of the footage the church cameras had. And the footage that was released to by Metro PD.
"Upon inspection of both videos. I can confirm the shoes were swapped out."

Another tweet by @WhiteOnRiceAnon, posted the same day, viewed 2.1 million times, stated: "Pumas going in. Vans going out. All bullshit. Used a pre recorded training video. Explains why they released the body cam footage so quickly. They had it all set up and ready to go."

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-was-nashville-shooters-body-wearing-different-shoes-1791148

Back