• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's The Most Outrageous Conspiracy Theory You Have Heard?

I'm sure there was one, but it was mysteriously deleted.

Naturally the mods will admit to no knowledge of this :rolleyes:
I think there was some recent discussion somewhere, and I even contributed myself, but I cannot remember what the thread was called, or exactly what I said, so I can't search for it! It'll probably turn up when I'm looking for something else, as usual...

That The War of The worlds actually happened, they made it up that it was just a radio play later on just to pacify people.

New to this forum, but I did expect two of the biggest conspiracies at the top of theis folder...Big Pharma and it's tactics, likewise the GM companiies.

Big Pharma is kinda believable, so not that outrageous.
This thread is mainly for things that are bat-shit insane.

How about Big Pharma are from Mars?
Doubtful, though I used to think Mars was from Cadburys....but apparently I was confusing different galaxies.

One of the more extreme theories I've recently heard is that there is more than one Queen Elizabeth II. It's unclear if one, both or neither of these monarchs have underlying reptillian tendancies (in fairness, that's not being asserted within the alterweltanschauung revealed below....)

What a load of crap! There's nothing most Brits enjoy more than a Royal Funeral, so why would we have been denied one? Cui Bono? Who is this American idiot? Does he have previous?

Of course shes gonna have more wrinkles in one, she was screwing her face up probably at the Sun, and i did not see anything different about her voice apart from the mike enhancing it. As for her eyes, i guess if he zoomed in closer they would have been bluer. The tooth tho, well, im not so sure, probably light, angle, someone with more photographic experience can illuminate me on that.

Of course shes gonna have more wrinkles in one, she was screwing her face up probably at the Sun, and i did not see anything different about her voice apart from the mike enhancing it. As for her eyes, i guess if he zoomed in closer they would have been bluer. The tooth tho, well, im not so sure, probably light, angle, someone with more photographic experience can illuminate me on that.
Yep.
And what's all that crap about Kate having an Adam's Apple?

I was going off the dictiionary definition of 'Conspiracy' which is

conspiracy
kənˈspɪrəsi/
noun
noun: conspiracy; plural noun: conspiracies
  1. a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.
    "a conspiracy to destroy the government"
    synonyms: plot, scheme, stratagem, plan, machination, cabal;More
    deception, ploy, trick, ruse, dodge, subterfuge, sharp practice;
    informalframe-up, fit-up, racket, put-up job;
    rarecomplot, covin
    "the company was involved in a conspiracy with bookmakers to manipulate starting prices"

So not outrageous as you say, personally I don't believe many conspracies are as orchestrated as what goes on behind closed doors of Pharma and GM , some just develop due to arising oppurtunities of governments and companies. so if the conspracy theorists are concentrating on things like the moon landings, 9/11 etc is that moving the scrutiny of these people away from conspiracies that could be challenged?

I also think labelling The Synthetic Pharma corporations 'conspirationa'l would appear outrageous to a lot of people, many believe these companies are working hard on our behalf to do things in our interest and that the GPs who administer these novel substances are like holy unquestionable authorities on our health

That The War of The worlds actually happened, they made it up that it was just a radio play later on just to pacify people.

This idea forms the premise of the wonderful American TV series `War of the Worlds` which ran from the late eighties to the early nineties. (I started a thread on this in the culture section a few months back). I was unaware that this was actually a theory being proposed as factual. Are you sure you're not just misremembering the above and confusing it with reality?

....or could it be that the TV series `War of the worlds` TV show was itself telling the truth, and only masquerading as fiction?! :eek:

I watched that series and enjoyed it muchly Zeke, but i do not think that government are that smart as to cover something like that up, most of the time they cant organise a piss up in a brewery

I watched that series and enjoyed it muchly Zeke, but i do not think that government are that smart as to cover something like that up, most of the time they cant organise a piss up in a brewery
Good to know there's another fan out there (I have only discovered it in retrospect on Youtube).

As to your other comment: I completely agree - it was in jest! Jeez...people keep misreading my tone these days! Wasappening!? (Note to self: must develop a less ambiguous writing style).

Yes, text aint the same as face to face :p
You might want to try the series The Visitor, i love it, its on youtube, hang on i will fetch it
Its by Emmrich and Devlin

Last edited:
There was a story circulating for a while that the Sandy Hook school shooting didn't actually happen. It was just a hoax, a piece of stagecraft mounted by anti-gun activists. Some whackadoodle claimed to have a copy of the script that laid the whole thing out. Supposedly Adam Lanza didn't actually exist, and the school had actually been closed for years. Of course, the whole town and all the emergency responders were in on it, and nobody leaked a word about the deception.

There's nothing so crazy that SOMEONE won't believe it. <sigh>

I also think labelling The Synthetic Pharma corporations 'conspirationa'l would appear outrageous to a lot of people, many believe these companies are working hard on our behalf to do things in our interest and that the GPs who administer these novel substances are like holy unquestionable authorities on our health
Yep, people don't question what is going on.
If you do, others react in an outraged manner - 'How dare you suggest bad things of the glorious pharmaceutical industry? They're working hard to cure us!'...

For example, the fact that Bowie posed with a pyramid on his head in 1970 doesn't necessarily prove he was some kind of occult master. Maybe he just saw a photo of Crowley dressed up in his regalia and thought it looked cool.

Well, to be fair Bowie used a fair bit of occult imagery in his music and performance back in the early '70s. Just take a listen to this song:

Author Peter Koenig wrote a long essay on it (which he's kept updated to Blackstar):

www.parareligion.ch/bowie.htm

But, as you said, he likely just liked the imagery. Her more or less said so in the song.

Last edited:
Back to the question at hand, I have a top three.

For "serious" conspiracies, I find the Christ Myth theory (that there was no Historical Jesus, regardless of his supposed divinity) fairly exhausting.

In terms of classic conspiracies, I find the hollow Earth one hilarious, if only because it convinced a US president.

But nothing beats the insanity of Stephen King (yep, that Stephen King) as the real killer of John Lennon.

Somewhat on topic, I found this while going through some old ('08) emails. I'm pretty sure it came from a generator or mad libs game.

"Why can't anyone see that Marylin Monroe is being watched by The Black Hand? It's all so that The Illuminati, hidden in a secret HQ near Area 51 can Take Over the World. After that, The Black Hand will George W. Bush as Surpreme Ruler when the disorder caused by The Illuminati reaches a peak. The only thing we can do is let The Free Masons put together a militia to stop them. "

Pretty outrageous. Alex Jones will be talking about it by June.

member: 48905 said:
Never heard that one! How would that work, then?

As far as know, only one guy-Steve Lightfoot-believes this particular version of the Lennon conspiracy and it comes down to news article placement and facial similarity.

The "theory" is that it's the followup to Nixon attempt to deport Lennon during the he's re-election run (this actually appears to be true). Reagan took up the 'cause for Nixon, after reading Nixon's Book The Real War. Of course, he's also claimed the Soviets and the Jewish Communists were the masterminds at least once.

Lightfoot's first "clue" was a headline in Newsweek, "Who's In and Who's Out?" about Reagan, which was placed next to an article about Lennon's murder. To Lightfoot, this meant, "Reagan's in and Lennon's Out." He's found similar clues in other Newsweek headlines leading up to the assassination.

As for why King, the only real evidence is that King and Chapman sort of looked alike back then.

Lightfoot's website: http://lennonmurdertruth.com/introduction.asp

Video Summary of the Theory (It get cuts off before he really starts talking about King, but it covers Nixon and Reagan):

Lightfoot's Sidewalk Activism:

Lightfoot Interrupting the Sarasota City Council:
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Back