What's The Most Outrageous Conspiracy Theory You Have Heard?

The Sandy Hook deniers are having problems.

A US jury has awarded $450,000 (£350,000) to the father of a boy killed in the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook school, in a defamation lawsuit against a conspiracy theorist writer.

In June a Wisconsin judge ruled that James Fetzer had defamed Leonard Pozner by claiming he had fabricated the death certificate of his son Noah. Mr Fetzer, who co-wrote Nobody Died at Sandy Hook, said he would appeal. Noah, aged six, was the youngest of 26 people killed in the shooting.

In the Dane County court in Wisconsin, Mr Pozner thanked the jury for recognising "the pain and terror that Mr Fetzer has purposefully inflicted on me and on other victims of these horrific mass casualty events, like the Sandy Hook shooting".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50074652#

INT21

Antediluvian
My son just came up with a corker, while we were discussing the moon landings...

I said, one of the reasons the moon landings weren't faked is that the Soviets were monitoring the transmissions and would love to have exposed a US hoax.

He said, ah, but what if the whole Cold War was a hoax, to keep the US on a wartime economy (as was thought desirable by some economists at the time, I believe) and the U.S.S.R went along with it, in return for some secret back hand deals to compensate them for allowing the US to 'take the lead', as it were.

It's okay, we don't believe it, but I must admit it does have a certain plausibility to it!
Somehow this doesn't seem quite so improbable in the light of recent happenings.

INT21.

INT21

Antediluvian
Vardoger,

Without me looking that up. isn't Bohemian Grove from 'Tales from the City' . by Armisted Maupin ?

INT21

Antediluvian
I'm surprised no one has mentioned 'chemtrails'.

Got to be one of the more modern conspiracies. And it does have lots of followers.

INT21.

Last edited:

INT21

Antediluvian
It's also a real place.
As are all the locations in that book.

A few week ago Richard Quest from CNN was in the building where the main story was set, along with Maupin.

Sort of appropriate that Richard did the interview.

Love Richard. Very open and likeable.

Last edited:

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
He said, ah, but what if the whole Cold War was a hoax, to keep the US on a wartime economy (as was thought desirable by some economists at the time, I believe) and the U.S.S.R went along with it, in return for some secret back hand deals to compensate them for allowing the US to 'take the lead', as it were.
This does have certain intriguing aspects to it, which are worthy of some degree of consideration.