• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's The Most Outrageous Conspiracy Theory You Have Heard?

This has got to all be intended as satire?

"Grand Duchess Anastasia bears a remarkable resemblance to the young Nimoy"

You know, I think I can see that, too....
2016-05-30 19.06.09.png

"Leonard was naturally raised as a Jew and even as a teenager, he betrayed all the trigonometric and sensual qualities of that exotic race"

Perhaps this was inscribed on the back of the tablets Moses brought down from the mountains...
idents05.gif

"Dr. McCoy, a potent early symbol of Obamacare"

....because of....well, the tricorders, obviously. (And Nurse Chapel's hemline).

On their uniforms, these soldiers wear a not-so-subtle pentagram.

That depends on the limits of your pentagrammatical subtlety. Or the variability of your platonic solids.
51qgnZB0NCL._SY300_.jpg

versus
Baphomet-pentagram.jpg

It cannot be real. Unless it genuinely is some incredible self-parodying quasi-religious diatribe.

“May I say that I have not thoroughly enjoyed serving with humans? I find their illogic, and foolish emotions, a constant irritant.” - Star Trek, season 3, episode 7 (“Day of the Dove,” 1968)

Here's a good one for those with long pop culture memories. I was leafing through a book about classic computer games and found a section on conspiracy theories. It ended with the details of a letter to Omni magazine which said the high scores on arcade games, where you were asked to type in your initials to prove you'd got a million points on Asteroids or whatever, were actually a monitoring device that took your picture so they could trace you (they knew your initials too, remember).

Once it had amassed enough data, the highest scorers were to be abducted and forced to work by the military against an alien invasion fleet. Only this time, presumably once you ran out of lives you really would die. It sounds a lot like the film The Last Starfighter, but the letter was from about five years before that was released.

Here's a good one for those with long pop culture memories. I was leafing through a book about classic computer games and found a section on conspiracy theories. It ended with the details of a letter to Omni magazine which said the high scores on arcade games, where you were asked to type in your initials to prove you'd got a million points on Asteroids or whatever, were actually a monitoring device that took your picture so they could trace you (they knew your initials too, remember).

Once it had amassed enough data, the highest scorers were to be abducted and forced to work by the military against an alien invasion fleet. Only this time, presumably once you ran out of lives you really would die. It sounds a lot like the film The Last Starfighter, but the letter was from about five years before that was released.
Sounds like a twist on the movie "The Last Starfighter".

Edit: should have noticed your last line...

Here's the whole movie:

Last edited:
Yebbut, as I said, the letter dates from about five years before the film was released. Maybe the screenwriter had a copy of the mag in question?

Yebbut, as I said, the letter dates from about five years before the film was released. Maybe the screenwriter had a copy of the mag in question?

I reckon they got their ideas from Orson Scott Card, who wrote 'Enders Game', which was published in August 1977 as a short story in 'Analog science fiction and fact' - a brilliant writer [i'm prejudiced] who never swears at all in his books - fancy that!

Maybe that's where The Last Starfighter got the idea?

I'm pretty sure this is meant to be a spoof, from what I think of as an "ethical trolling" site sending up perceptions of and attitudes to the Israel-Palestine thing. (It does help the author is Jewish himself, as he can then get away with phrasing opinions and advancing ideas that we goyim would never get away with in a million years. Some of the provocative stuff - with a serious edge - is thought-provoking and worth reading, with the requisite open Fortean mind).

This, however, is not meant to be taken literally. I do find it very clever indeed as a knowing genre-savvy comment on the way the minds of conspiracy theorists appear to work. Together with the lingering feeling you get in places that "hmm. What's really going on here?" , when qn idea is actually slipped in that appears to be plausible or not to be dismissed out of hand. Robert Anton Wilson called this sort of writing "Operation Mind-Fuck", as I recall...

http://www.thezionion.com/2015/09/16/911-introducing-the-no-floors-theory/

The Squirrels! :eek: It's way too scary to ignore....

class_pyramid_lg.jpg

http://www.scarysquirrel.org/special/stopswd/index.html

"..a slavering, maniacal bushytail horde is behind every disaster that has ever befallen mankind.

Some believe that this clash began with the invention of the wheel and the subsequent running over of a skwerl sometime during the 5th millennium BC. Others say that the conflict began earlier when cave men began competing with skwerls for delicious nuts, seeds, and other food stuffs.

Whatever its origins, the drooling chitterboxes developed a plan for squirrel world domination; a plan that would first dismantle human civilization, and then enslave it in an endless cycle of nut harvesting for brutal nutzy overlords.

Today the signs of squirrel world domination are everywhere: power stations sabotaged, innocent vactioners pummeled, pets savaged, food stores pillaged, homes invaded, extortion, exploitation, and other depravities too hideous to mention.."

I'm pretty sure this is meant to be a spoof, from what I think of as an "ethical trolling" site sending up perceptions of and attitudes to the Israel-Palestine thing. (It does help the author is Jewish himself, as he can then get away with phrasing opinions and advancing ideas that we goyim would never get away with in a million years. Some of the provocative stuff - with a serious edge - is thought-provoking and worth reading, with the requisite open Fortean mind).

This, however, is not meant to be taken literally. I do find it very clever indeed as a knowing genre-savvy comment on the way the minds of conspiracy theorists appear to work. Together with the lingering feeling you get in places that "hmm. What's really going on here?" , when qn idea is actually slipped in that appears to be plausible or not to be dismissed out of hand. Robert Anton Wilson called this sort of writing "Operation Mind-Fuck", as I recall...

http://www.thezionion.com/2015/09/16/911-introducing-the-no-floors-theory/
Spoof or not, sane or barking, the text on that site is so badly laid-out that even skimming it is painful.

Fun and interesting thread.....I'm sure the Reptilian alien thing has already been mentioned but the whole idea that people like the Queen and Bush family members are reptilian aliens is absolutely 'bat shit' crazy imho. Even funnier are all the videos on you tube purporting to show this .

Spoof or not, sane or barking, the text on that site is so badly laid-out that even skimming it is painful.
Get the point, but I do wonder if that's part of the joke - a parody of the way conspiracy theory sites are so fixated on getting their point of view across that they neglect important little things like laying the material out clearly and readably....

New guy here. Posted on another forum under another name (Dr Wu knows me.)

On another forum a new poster put forth his claims the aliens used numerology to beam instructions to earthlings. One of these instructions was telling the FBI to attack the Waco compound on the 51st day of the siege because, well, the aliens were orchestrating the whole Waco standoff from Area 51.:huh: He also stated several U.S Presidents had alien implants, implying they were under alien control. When I asked for proof of his claims I received insults and denials. That board seems to have been taken over by some real nut jobs, so I am wandering over here for some intelligent discussion of odd and unexplained phenomena.

Get the point, but I do wonder if that's part of the joke - a parody of the way conspiracy theory sites are so fixated on getting their point of view across that they neglect important little things like laying the material out clearly and readably....
The government is in cahoots with Big Typesetting!

On another forum a new poster put forth his claims the aliens used numerology to beam instructions to earthlings. One of these instructions was telling the FBI to attack the Waco compound on the 51st day of the siege because, well, the aliens were orchestrating the whole Waco standoff from Area 51.:huh: He also stated several U.S Presidents had alien implants, implying they were under alien control.

We take that as read here & no longer even debate it. Welcome aboard.

When I asked for proof of his claims I received insults and denials. That board seems to have been taken over by some real nut jobs, so I am wandering over here for some intelligent discussion of odd and unexplained phenomena.
Welcome...not sure about 'intelligent', but still :)

On another forum a new poster put forth his claims the aliens used numerology to beam instructions to earthlings. One of these instructions was telling the FBI to attack the Waco compound on the 51st day of the siege because, well, the aliens were orchestrating the whole Waco standoff from Area 51.:huh: He also stated several U.S Presidents had alien implants, implying they were under alien control. When I asked for proof of his claims I received insults and denials. That board seems to have been taken over by some real nut jobs, so I am wandering over here for some intelligent discussion of odd and unexplained phenomena.
Welcome. Facts are often considered conspiracy theorists' and fantasists' enemy. However that doesn't mean we don't like a good conspiracy theory or a weird monster sighting.

Jimmy Saville was a wizard, a trans dimensional who harvested energies along Ley lines for power - honestly ! .. full documentary

Last edited:
The current ones I find strangest are the people who insist celebrities have fake marriages and babies e.g One Direction (most of the members), Benedict Cumberbatch and others.

Do you think that might be because they are fans and do not want to think that their dream guy/girl are married so they make up these stories?
Welcome to the board Test Transmission

I used to think that Shady and I think it's true of some of the One Direction fans. But, there's a lot of older women who claim they are just exposing the conspiracy. The Cumberbatch fans are particularly odd, claiming blackmail, Crimes committed by the Church of England and the plans of the Disney corporation to rescue him from his fake marriage.
Thanks for the welcome. long time reader, first time poster they say

I do not see anything 'off' in these marriages, but that's because i do not care who marries who, some people will see conspiracies wherever they look.

It's always nice to have fresh blood:D

The current ones I find strangest are the people who insist celebrities have fake marriages and babies e.g One Direction (most of the members), Benedict Cumberbatch and others.
Hi Test Transmission ..

What's got a thousand legs and no pubes ?

.. the front row of a One Direction gig ..

When a nice, ordinary, respectable American Mom told me that Michele Obama was actually a man, I nearly shat myself laughing. She was serious though, and proceeded to show me the "evidence" online. I'm not saying she convinced me, by a long way, but it didn't seem so outrageous afterwards...and I guess that's how these things snowball.

When a nice, ordinary, respectable American Mom told me that Michele Obama was actually a man, I nearly shat myself laughing. She was serious though, and proceeded to show me the "evidence" online. I'm not saying she convinced me, by a long way, but it didn't seem so outrageous afterwards...and I guess that's how these things snowball.
It's all over bleedin' Youtube. How this nonsense gets started, I'll never know.
A man? Who gave birth? That technology isn't available yet.

Back