What's The Worst Book You've Ever Read?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
And here's you on your day off...

Where do I even start with this one??? :rofl:
This second photo is related to the first / earlier one.

It depicts what the expectant groom's mismatched neural components thinks he's seeing. That's why his hands are so expressively outstretched.

Last edited:

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
1623055064506.png

Note the author.

Probably not in line for the Booker prize.

Fanari_Lloyd

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Alien Sex Chronicles :hahazebs:
Apparently this kind of thing is quite popular, dinosaurs and all. (Sorry, this might have already be covered). I spent far too long thinking about the physical logistics of how to write that kind of thing and why anyone would think a t-rex was that hot tbh.

Fanari_Lloyd

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I’m not bothered about what sexual shenanigans people enjoy (doing or thinking about) as long as it doesn’t hurt others of course! But I just can’t see myself going phwoar! at a dinosaur or bigfoot come to that. Must be a power thing.

Even more brain-breaking though, is people make money from it.

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
I’m not bothered about what sexual shenanigans people enjoy (doing or thinking about) as long as it doesn’t hurt others of course! But I just can’t see myself going phwoar! at a dinosaur or bigfoot come to that. Must be a power thing.

Still, unlike some distasteful reading material, it shouldn't result in a rise in crimes against aliens or dinosaurs. Bigfoot better watch out, though.

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score

I once read a short story in Analog magazine, I think around 20 years ago, where a guy goes to futuristic theme park where visitors can have their mind temporarily transferred to a dinosaur's body. This guy ends up with his mind in a tyrannosaur's body but has no control over the body's natural instincts, so we get his pov on a dinosaur sex scene...

I haven't been able to track this story down again to re-read it, it may have been Asimov's Science- Fiction magazine, but if anyone recognises it, please let me know!

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
Reaction score
The worst book I can recall reading (and yes, I finished it, who knows why) was "Haunted Reno" by Janice Oberding. Her grammar made me wonder if the publishers were too cheap to be embarrassed, but what was far worse was the way she told each story. All the gory historical details are presented at the beginning, followed up by vague accounts of the ghostly happenings afterward. The ghostly happenings are usually summed up as something along the lines of "it is said that . . ." and "uncomfortable feelings were felt by several people." (What kind of uncomfortable feelings? Who knows! That remains a mystery.) It is the most underwhelming thing between two book covers I have ever come across.